GUILTY MI - Theresa Dekeyzer, 22, Warren, 16 June 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really? The judge ordered a competency test? I hope this is just procedural. This was premeditated and he knew what he was doing!
---------------------------

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - The man accused of killing Theresa DeKeyzer appeared in court today for a hearing in the case.

Scott Wobbe was moved from one seat to another after staring down Theresa's family members. Her sister, Leah, says she locked eyes with him at one point, too.

During the hearing, Wobbe's attorney, Ray Cassar asked for 30 days to review discovery in the case. Cassar tells 7 Action News he was hired by the Wobbe's family to represent him last night. Cassar had been talking with Wobbe for over a week.

Cassar says Wobbe maintains his innocence and should be considered not guilty unless proven otherwise in court.

Before Wobbe is back in court, he'll undergo a competency test at the county's forensics lab. He's currently on suicide watch at the mental health facility where he's being housed.

Cassar says it's important for a competency request to be done to determine if Wobbe is even competent enough to stand trial. The competency test at the forensics center could take up to 60 days. He says he'll use that time to review evidence against his client.

Dekeyzer's two brothers, five sisters and her mother were all present at the hearing. All of them stood up in a show of unity as Judge Chupa called the case.

Leah DeKeyzer tells 7 Action News, "I want him to see that we're going to be there at every hearing, every step of the way."

Cassar says Wobbe's brother and other family were in the courtroom in support of him.

A return date to court was not set as they await the results of the competency tests.

Today would’ve been Theresa’s 23rd birthday. Her family is marking the occasion by facing her accused killer in court and visiting her grave.

Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/macomb-county/accused-killer-of-theresa-dekeyzer-scott-wobbe-to-undergo-competency-exam-in-murder-case

Funny that you posted this. I told my husband last night that I needed to talk to my friend to see if they had a new court date yet. Right before Christmas they still hadn't.

http://www.candgnews.com/node/80571

Police said they recovered drums at Wobbe’s home similar to the one that contained DeKeyzer’s remains. The space at the storage yard was reportedly registered to a third party, who allegedly told police Wobbe had paid for the space until he went to jail in Midland. Wobbe’s name and phone number were also reportedly listed as an alternate contact on the storage rental agreement.

The utility trailer that contained the drum was reportedly still registered to a long-time friend of Wobbe, who reportedly told police they were in a band together previously and that he had given the trailer to Wobbe.

Warren police are also reportedly awaiting the results of DNA testing of materials found with DeKeyzer’s body.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2015/02/20/woman-body-found-drum/23781567/

Warren District Judge Michael Chupa ruled Friday that Scott Wobbe, 38, should be tried for first-degree murder and moving her body. The judge said there wasn’t enough evidence to move ahead on a kidnapping charge...

Wobbe was in the Midland County Jail on unrelated probation violation charges before DeKeyzer’s body was found and attempted suicide while in the lock-up. He jumped from a second floor walkway after tying a sheet around his neck and the railing, according to a jail incident report obtained by The Detroit News through a Freedom of Information Act request. The sheet came loose and Wobbe landed on the floor.

Highlights from the preliminary hearing:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...eyzer-drum-plymouth-township-warren/23742063/

An assistant medical examiner from Wayne County testified how he found DeKeyzer's decomposed body in the drum... A plastic bag was over DeKeyzer's head with a knot tied on the left side... DeKeyzer had three broken ribs on the right side in the middle of her chest...

Warren Police Officer Paul Kulisek testified that he saw DeKeyzer at a home in Warren after she said Wobbe assaulted her June 15... He said DeKeyzer had a cut from one side of her neck to the other and a cut under her right eye with some swelling...

Andrew Oland, a coworker of DeKeyzer's, testified that he had a conversation with DeKeyzer on June 15 in which she said... she was going to meet up with Wobbe and that she would call him after she talked with Wobbe. Oland testified that he didn't hear from or see DeKeyzer again...

Christopher Gula of Garden City testified that Wobbe, who he has been friends with for nearly 40 years, brought a trailer with two padlocks on it to his home. Wobbe indicated he wanted to get rid of it... "I thought he had some stolen stuff in it, so I wanted to get it out of my area"... Gula said he later towed the trailer to the Plymouth Township storage area. He testified that it was Wobbe's idea and that Wobbe told him where to take the trailer. Gula testified that he never went inside the trailer.

Westland man pleads no contest to girlfriend's murder
4:56 p.m. EDT May 20, 2015

In a unusual move and against his defense attorney's advice, Wobbe pleaded no contest today in Macomb County Circuit Court to first-degree premeditated murder and disinterment and mutilation of a body.

"Every time he met, each time we talked, he indicated he did not want to go to trial," defense attorney Raymond Cassar told the court.

Cassar said Wobbe was pleading no contest because of a lack of memory. After the hearing, Cassar said there was "a lot of drugs and alcohol in this case. He did not have the perfect memory to give a factual basis" for a guilty plea.

After the hearing, Cassar said it's "always possible" Wobbe could withdraw his plea, but "I don't know if that's gonna be the case here."

Man faces sentencing in death of woman found in plastic drum
June 30, 2015

snipped
A Detroit-area man faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole in the slaying of his girlfriend whose decomposed body was found concealed in a plastic drum.

Scott Wobbe's sentencing is scheduled Tuesday. He earlier pleaded no contest to first-degree murder and disinterment and mutilation of a body in the death of 22-year-old Theresa DeKeyzer. A no contest plea isn't an admission of guilt, but is treated as such for sentencing.

Man gets life in death of woman found in drum

Candice Williams, The Detroit News 2:04 p.m. EDT June 30, 2015

Mount Clemens — A Westland man was sentenced to life in prison without parole in the slaying of his girlfriend whose decomposed body was found concealed in a 55-gallon plastic drum.

Scott Wobbe earlier pleaded no contest to charges of first-degree murder and moving the remains of a body in the death of 22-year-old Theresa DeKeyzer.

By pleading no contest to the first-degree murder charge, Wobbe faced a mandatory life sentence without parole and lost an automatic right to an appeal he would have had if he had gone to trial...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...y/2015/06/30/scott-wobbe-sentencing/29501021/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back