Found Deceased MI - Theresa Lockhart, 44, Portage, 18 May 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://fox17online.com/2017/06/07/police-presence-outside-home-of-missing-teacher/

Police searching home of missing high school*teacher
POSTED 5:37 PM, JUNE 7, 2017, BY FOX 17 NEWS, UPDATED AT 07:11PM, JUNE 7, 2017

Wednesday, police entered the home with a search warrant, roping the property off with police caution tape.

Christopher Lockhart was seen standing out on the sidewalk with his attorney, watching crews on the property.

Christopher Lockhart was seen leaving the area shortly before 7 p.m. in the back of a vehicle.

Back of a vehicle? Is it ignorant wishful thinking that it could be a police car?

Let's hope so, but I doubt it. Prob trying to keep out of view.

Back of a vehicle? Is it ignorant wishful thinking that it could be a police car?

It was a police car but no arrest yet according to this:
Christopher Lockhart was at the house. He has not been arrested and ended up leaving the neighborhood in what appeared to be an unmarked police vehicle.

In a release, Portage Department of Public Safety Senior Deputy Chief John Blue simply indicated police were executing a search warrant as part of the continuing investigation into the disappearance.
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/06/few_details_released_about_sea.html

This contradicts the above and says he was in the FRONT. Also, it looks like police arrived just in time:
Her husband, Christopher Lockhart, left the scene in the front seat of an unmarked police car around 6:45 p.m. He was not in handcuffs. The deputy police chief had told 24 Hour News 8 earlier that no one is in custody.

A neighbor said Christopher Lockhart was getting ready to drive away the home around 4 p.m., then saw police vehicles arrive and tried to pull back into garage. He was later seen outside, across the street from his house, speaking with police.
One officer told the witness said that authorities expected to be at the house for some time.
http://woodtv.com/2017/06/07/police-outside-lockhart-home-in-portage/

I'm thankful the police are taking their time processing the house. If an arrest is made, hopefully they will have solid evidence to convict. And hopefully they find something that leads them to find Theresa. JMO.

[h=1]Missing teacher’s husband ‘devastated,’ father says[/h]
PORTAGE, Mich. (WOOD) — Even as police were searching his son’s home, the father of Christopher Lockhart defended him, saying he had nothing to do with the disappearance of his wife.

Harry Lockhart, who lives 850 miles away in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, said he wasn’t surprised that police on Wednesday searched his son’s Portage home for evidence in the disappearance of Theresa Lockhart. Neither, he said, was his son.
Harry Lockhart is convinced his daughter-in-law took off on her own over trouble with her teaching job.

“She was about to be fired from the school,” he said, though school officials have denied that.
He said he’s been talking regularly to his son by phone since the disappearance.

“He’s devastated. He can’t believe it, can’t believe she’s missing, just up and walked out the door,” he said.
He said he spoke often with his daughter-in-law before the disappearance.

“She’s mild, meek, softspoken. She holds a lot in,” he said.

There’s a reason, he said, his son is not cooperating with police.

“All they’re going to do is browbeat him, question him the same, same, same, same,” he said. “So he’s said, ‘I had to get a lawyer to keep everything on track.'”
http://woodtv.com/2017/06/07/missing-teachers-husband-devastated-father-says/
:ohoh:

It's interesting that they are reporting Portage Public Safety was assisted by Kalamazoo SWAT during the execution of the warrant. Were they concerned about possible weapons in the home? If he had felony priors, wouldn't he be a prohibited possessor?

It's interesting that they are reporting Portage Public Safety was assisted by Kalamazoo SWAT during the execution of the warrant. Were they concerned about possible weapons in the home? If he had felony priors, wouldn't he be a prohibited possessor?
I live in Louisiana and for our state (Not sure if it is nationwide) if you are a convicted felon... Then you can NOT possess any weapons (certain knives, handguns, etc) at all!! Correct me if I'm wrong, (& I most certainly could be) but I've only heard of being able to get your weapons rights back through a pardon handed down to you by the governor of the state! Like I stated above... I could be wrong!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is he a convicted felon? I only saw "window peeping". In the 2 states that I lived that was a misdemeanor charge.. but you never know each state is different.

Is he a convicted felon? I only saw "window peeping". In the 2 states that I lived that was a misdemeanor charge.. but you never know each state is different.

I think there were also assault and domestic violence charges that I believe would be felonies. It's possible those were reduced in plea agreements, so you could be right about him not having a felony conviction. They must have been concerned about something to get an assist from Kalamazoo SWAT.

Police search home of missing Portage teacher

Associated Press 11:29 a.m. ET June 8, 2017

Portage, Mich. — Police have searched the home of missing high school Spanish teacher in southwestern Michigan and say her disappearance is considered a possible homicide investigation.

Authorities say 44-year-old Theresa Lockhart of Portage was last seen on May 18 and she was reported missing two days later by Schoolcraft Community Schools workers. Lockhart’s car was found parked a few miles from her house.

Her disappearance prompted several searches in the area. Police officials went to the home Wednesday to serve a search warrant and returned Thursday to the home where she lived at with her husband...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...earch-home-missing-portage-teacher/102627206/

[h=1]Metal detector used in search of missing teacher’s home[/h]
Investigators spent about 13 hours combing through the home overnight before leaving the scene around 5 a.m. Thursday.

The Portage Crime Scene Unit was among those that returned to the scene just before 9 a.m. Thursday. An officer could be seen sweeping a metal detector through a gap in the fence to the Lockhart’s backyard. Investigators also screened the front yard and side of the Lockhart house.
Michigan State Police troopers were seen around 1 p.m. Thursday searching a wooded area south the park-and-ride off of Angling Road where Theresa Lockhart’s car was found. They were on scene for around an hour.

Troopers said they were assisting in a case led by Portage police and couldn’t comment on the search.
http://woodtv.com/2017/06/08/metal-detector-used-in-search-of-missing-teachers-home/

In the video from woodtv, it is also reported that the husband bought a new phone and laptop Thursday at Best Buy. There is a snapshot of him at BB in the video Gardener1850 posted, but the piece I just saw on the 11:00 news showed three pictures of him shopping there.

In the video from woodtv, it is also reported that the husband bought a new phone and laptop Thursday at Best Buy. There is a snapshot of him at BB in the video Gardener1850 posted, but the piece I just saw on the 11:00 news showed three pictures of him shopping there.

So I can only assume that LE confiscated cell phones and computers to look for clues. I sure hope they find something.

i live about 10 miles from where she worked in schoolcraft and about 15 min from where she lived in portage. it's about a 5-7 min drive from where her car was found in the park and ride, to where her house is. i drove the route yesterday, while police were still searching their house, and there are just so many in-plain-site places i feel a body could be. in her own neighborhood lots of new construction, new houses, new concrete, drainage ponds. on the way from the park and ride to her house all the way down oakland drove there are drainage ditches on both sides of the road that are very deep and some that widen into swamps/ponds. SO many back roads all woods between her house and the village she worked in that i'm sure are familiar to the POI. that said, it was questioned whether the POI really "called in" for her and had harmed her 2 days earlier than when she went missing but security cams show her working out at a gym the last day she was seen so she was obv alive the 2 days she called into work. idk what to think at this point. i feel as tho if it were suicide they'd have found her body in the area immediately surrounding the park and ride, which i know has been searched more than once, and i feel her husband def has a past but so far has seemingly told the truth about the days leading up to her disappearance. could it be a random stranger abduction?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back