MI - Timesha Beauchamp, 20, found alive at funeral home after being declared dead, Detroit, Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
This happened to a friend of mine. Father was in hospital, she got a phone call to say he had died. She notified all THE family. Then when they went to move his body they found him still breathing. She then notified family again to say dad was alive. He actually died the next day. This was at a private hospital in Melbourne Australia.

Woman found alive after being taken to Detroit funeral home

Southfield — A Southfield woman's death was reported prematurely Sunday, authorities said. She was transported to a Detroit funeral home before anyone realized she was still alive.

Southfield Fire Department responded to a 911 call at about 7:35 a.m. Sunday. A woman, 20, had been reported unresponsive. Fire Chief Johnny Menifee declined to say Monday where in town the 911 call came from, citing privacy concerns, but said it was from a private home...

Here's an update to earlier WDIV report. Finger-pointing. Heads are gonna roll :eek:

Sources reveal who declared Southfield woman dead before she was found breathing at funeral home

Defenders learn doctor at nearby hospital declared woman dead after speaking with medics from scene

...Southfield firefighters released a statement saying there was no foul play at the house, so they contacted the Oakland County Medical Examiner’s office. Oakland County officials said they don’t agree with that statement and are asking Southfield officials to clarify it for more information.

Sources told the Local 4 Defenders that medics at the scene communicated with a doctor at a nearby hospital, providing the data that they had from the house on the woman. It was the doctor at the hospital who actually declared the woman dead, sources said...

Last edited:
If I were that young women, the rest of my life would be spent in the utmost of luxury because I'd be suing the pants off many many people. I am not a litigious person, but you declare me dead and put me in a body bag and no one along the way notices I'm alive? The doctor literally phones it in?

"Hello, Sam Bernstein?"

If I were that young women, the rest of my life would be spent in the utmost of luxury because I'd be suing the pants off many many people. I am not a litigious person, but you declare me dead and put me in a body bag and no one along the way notices I'm alive? The doctor literally phones it in?

"Hello, Sam Bernstein?"

They usually settle out of court. Geoffrey Fieger would take this to trial and milk it for millions ;)

Yesterday, a 20-year-old woman in Southfield went into cardiac arrest at her apartment. Her family called 911 and first responders arrived.

According to Click On Detroit, a statement issued by the Southfield Fire Department said:

“At 7:34 a.m. on August 23, 2020, Southfield Fire Department paramedics arrived at a home in Southfield on a call for an unresponsive female. When paramedics arrived, they found a 20-year-old who was not breathing. The paramedics performed CPR and other life reviving methods for 30 minutes. Given medical readings and the condition of the patient, it was determined at that time that she did not have signs of life.”

The woman, after receiving clearance from the Oakland County medical examiner, was taken to the funeral home chosen by her family - James H. Cole Home for Funerals. When she arrived, sometime between 11:30 AM and noon yesterday, the staff realized that the woman was breathing and called the paramedics.

"Because there was no indication of foul play, as per standard operating procedure, the Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office was contacted and given the medical data. The patient was again determined to have expired and the body was released directly to the family to make arrangements with a funeral home of their choosing.

In an effort to respect the privacy of her family, the Southfield Fire Department is not currently releasing personal information on the patient.”

Woman, Declared Dead, Woke Up at a Detroit Funeral Home Because 2020

Just now, per WWJ radio (CBS, Detroit): Lawsuit underway. Family hired Geoffrey Fieger. Hopefully, media link will be available shortly.

Attorney for woman found alive at Detroit funeral home: 'They were about to embalm her'

..."They were about to embalm her which is most frightening had she not had her eyes open. They would have begun draining her blood to be very, very frank about it," Attorney Geoffrey Fieger, who has been hired by Timesha Beauchamp's family...

Last edited:
Every now and then you hear of horrific cases like this and you wonder how the system broke down that resulted in such a horror-- I saw the headline but didn't read the articles yet, but i will. Good ol' Jeff Feiger-- -- he gets all these types of cases----- Can't even imagine the horror that poor woman experienced--- that horror is worth a lot of
money!!!

I haven't finished reading this document yet, but I am interested about what policies are in force in Michigan regarding who can make determination of death. I suspect that this will be a major element in the lawsuit/trial.

http://www.hems.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/7.6S1-DETERMINATION-OF-DEATH.pdf

Was she taken to a hospital? If this is a medical malpractice case there are caps as to how much money a plaintiff can get- the most would be approx 450,000. This is the type of case that would not go to trial- there would probably be some type of quick settlement. There is no way to defend this type of case. Clearly, there had to be several breakdowns of protocol for her to wind up at the funeral home - almost embalmed- before they realized she was alive. I imagine there would also be more than one defendant. Holy moly!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back