MI - Two children killed when drunk driver crashes into birthday party - April 21, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Marshella Chidester's Prelim Hearing

Evidence shows cctv with her home in view. When she's leaving her home, she reverses the vehicle into the driveway next door by smashing into the car already parked there. Then, she pulls out to turn right headed for the boat club.

I wanted to understand what constitutes 2nd degree murder in Michigan-
it is in part, unplanned but intentional, or a death caused by reckless disregard for life.

Sounds about right to me

If she suffers from seizures, I would think that she would be prohibited from driving, or be very closely monitored by a doctor in order to maintain her driving privileges. Well, at any rate, they will have access to all her medical records, and driving records, at trial. [But, I don't think seizures cause your alcohol level to amp up after just one glass of wine?]
Interview with Marshella After Deadly Crash

I can’t bring myself to watch it, but they did an interview with Marshella, the woman who crashed into the boat club. Local responses to this interview have been ANGER. Seizure or not, she should really just be silent right now, IMO. She clearly wants sympathy, and nobody around here is ready to give it. I am shocked that she did this interview. It’s in very poor taste (again, JMO).

During her interview, posted above by @mewmew, with her arm in a sling and wearing an ankle monitor, it was said that she suffers from neuropathy, heart problems, and memory problems. [Yeah. It's hard to remember where the road is when your BAC is at 0.18 on the Richter scale.]

Further, in the interview she states (at 1:38): "I would never, ever, do anything intentional. Never. I mean, that's just not me. And especially to a boat club that I love so much (she's a long-time member of the Swan Boat Club). And, I have family and friends there." [Really?]

Then, she says this (at 1:56): "I think I had a seizure. I think that the same thing that my husband said that I did when I have a seizure is like, just go straight. [Sounds like this isn't her first "mishap"] I think that when I got in the car, that's what happened. I just had the seizure and probably put my foot on the accelerator and crashed into the building."

If she suffers from seizures, I would think that she would be prohibited from driving, or be very closely monitored by a doctor in order to maintain her driving privileges. Well, at any rate, they will have access to all her medical records, and driving records, at trial. [But, I don't think seizures cause your alcohol level to amp up after just one glass of wine?]

During her interview, posted above by @mewmew, with her arm in a sling and wearing an ankle monitor, it was said that she suffers from neuropathy, heart problems, and memory problems. [Yeah. It's hard to remember where the road is when your BAC is at 0.18 on the Richter scale.]

Further, in the interview she states (at 1:38): "I would never, ever, do anything intentional. Never. I mean, that's just not me. And especially to a boat club that I love so much (she's a long-time member of the Swan Boat Club). And, I have family and friends there." [Really?]

Then, she says this (at 1:56): "I think I had a seizure. I think that the same thing that my husband said that I did when I have a seizure is like, just go straight. [Sounds like this isn't her first "mishap"] I think that when I got in the car, that's what happened. I just had the seizure and probably put my foot on the accelerator and crashed into the building."
Her medical records will demonstrate if she has a history of seizures and if so what medications she was prescribed- there may also be a notation if in fact she has a history of alcohol abuse

BERLIN TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A Monroe County woman will stand trial for murder after allegedly crashing into a child’s birthday party while drunk.

Marshella Chidester is accused of driving under the influence and crashing her vehicle through a child’s birthday party at the Swan Boat Club in April, killing two young children and injuring 11 other people.

A judge ruled Thursday, June 27, she will stand trial on two counts of second-degree murder, two counts of operating under the influence of liquor causing death and four counts of operating under the influence of liquor causing serious injury...

Being blitzed out of your mind can give you "seizures".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back