Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 8 *D. Stewart guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, spam and think. I made the updates.

On the 'speed off', I found one article saying that. The others I've found so far didn't say speed. It's like the 'gouges' - only one article saying 'gouges' so far. I try to find at least two articles saying something. Just noting it for now as something to keep looking for.

I think it's the May 5 NG transcript where Venus' dad talks about the tarp wrapper. It might say in there or in news articles for that day or within a few days of that when he gave it to LE.

On 'including the night before' for the phone call, I noted on April 25 that he probably spoke to his 3yo that nights. By all reports, it looks like the 26th is the only night he didn't call, although he stated he didn't speak with the 5yo after the 23rd.

Recent reports indicate to me that LE has questions about whether they spoke to Doug himself on the night of the 26th. I haven't seen anything where they recently have him in VA on the 26th. Not saying it doesn't exist, just saying I haven't seen it as I go through these articles again. I'm still perusing though :)

ETA: Just double checked. Nothing in the recent LE quotes about placing him in Virginia the night of the 26th.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - ABDUCTED - #8

- After 8pm: LE talks by phone to someone claiming to be Doug. LE places DS in Virginia by 8pm
The bolded statement was made early on, but was later amended so that the unbolded version is actually more accurate.

Has anybody seen 'gouges' before? Were there any heel marks in the yard? Yard meaning on the ground. I only remember seeing them on the propane tank, and I didn't see any gouges on the propane tank.

Has anybody seen 'gouges' before? Were there any heel marks in the yard? Yard meaning on the ground. I only remember seeing them on the propane tank, and I didn't see any gouges on the propane tank.

"Police later found large gouges and heel marks in the family’s front yard, she said.

“(Police) could tell there had been a struggle,” McComb said. “We knew (the yard) wasn’t like that the night before.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/missing_st_joseph_county_woman_1.html

I'm not sure what else there could be gouges in besides the gravel but that's just MOO.

No. I think these "blogger" journalists are getting overly descriptive. The only "marks on the ground" was the evidence in the gravel of a scuffle.

ScuffleevidenceingravelVenusRoseSte.jpg

You get a box of shoes from Walmart. Can they read a code on the box, like a lot number, and tell which stores sold them? I would guess they can.

A long time ago we had a retail franchise store. The tags that came matching the mdse received were coded. WE knew what they meant, but you couldn't tell they were code by looking at them. I'm sure Walmart is the same.

LOL, these 'secret codes' helped us in apprehending shop-lifters a time or two! ;)

JMHO
fran

I guess the gouges are referring to the marks from the displaced gravel. I wouldn't have used the word gouges, but I can see where someone might have.

I guess the gouges are referring to the marks from the displaced gravel. I wouldn't have used the word gouges, but I can see where someone might have.
The quote mentioned lawn, too. And wouldn't those same marks be called gouges when they are in a lawn?

Thinkaboutthis,

From the NG transcript, here's what Larry said:

L. MCCOMB: I was the one that pointed it out to the police. It wasn`t there the day before. And I sure didn`t purchase it. And there was no wind. It didn`t blow there.

Since he 'pointed it out' to LE, I would think that would be the morning Venus disappeared, when they called LE out to the house. My understanding is that in those situations, LE tells the people to look around and tell them anything that looks out of place, or isn't normally there.

The quote mentioned lawn, too. And wouldn't those same marks be called gouges when they are in a lawn?

Yes, I'd call them gouges if they were in a yard or lawn - in the ground. I saw a few articles that mentioned marks in the grass/yard/lawn, and even watched some videos. I just don't remember much discussion or any pics of marks (gouges lol) in grass/yard/lawn. I want pictures so I know exactly what they're talking about :)

Thinkaboutthis,

From the NG transcript, here's what Larry said:

L. MCCOMB: I was the one that pointed it out to the police. It wasn`t there the day before. And I sure didn`t purchase it. And there was no wind. It didn`t blow there.

Since he 'pointed it out' to LE, I would think that would be the morning Venus disappeared, when they called LE out to the house. My understanding is that in those situations, LE tells the people to look around and tell them anything that looks out of place, or isn't normally there.

Which brings up another point about the wind, he says there was no wind, and it couldn't have blown there, however, a check of the weather for that day in Colon showed 10mph winds with gusts to 19mph. Not that it means anything, but just saying...there was noticeable wind that day.

But, what are the chances a tarp package blows into the yard of VS's parents house the same day she was abducted and a tarp was on the receipt in DS's truck.
I'd say slim to none. Wind or not.

Weren't there 4 grandchildren living with LM & TM? I thought I remembered someone saying that there were 2 older teenagers living there also. If so, where were they that morning? On a school day? Why don't we here about them at all?

I must have missed the discussion of the other two living there. Or, it's quite possible I forgot.
Who were the other two?

But, what are the chances a tarp package blows into the yard of VS's parents house the same day she was abducted and a tarp was on the receipt in DS's truck.
I'd say slim to none. Wind or not.

I don't know why LM says what he says...do you? I guess I just get hung up on what people say right after the crime occurs and then I look to verify that what they are saying is true. The weather service says there was 10mph winds with gusts of up to 19mph. He said there was none. It's nothing more than a weather fact.

Which brings up another point about the wind, he says there was no wind, and it couldn't have blown there, however, a check of the weather for that day in Colon showed 10mph winds with gusts to 19mph. Not that it means anything, but just saying...there was noticeable wind that day.

I don't see that that matters. He didn't notice any wind that day. I'm not surprised. His daughter was just abducted.

I don't know why LM says what he says...do you? I guess I just get hung up on what people say right after the crime occurs and then I look to verify that what they are saying is true. The weather service says there was 10mph winds with gusts of up to 19mph. He said there was none. It's nothing more than a weather fact.
BBM I look for truth, too. But I'll give the guy 10 mph. Out on the Great Plains, that's nothing. Seriously. I'd call it no wind. Wind moves bigger things. Just because they call it wind speed, doesn't mean folks would call it a wind.

On the Beaufort scale, it's a gentle breeze. With the gusts, dust and loose paper are raised. Small branches begin to move. I'm not sure how heavy the tarp wrapper is, but I'm thinking the man would be justified to argue with you and claim you're picking at nits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_scale

Weren't there 4 grandchildren living with LM & TM? I thought I remembered someone saying that there were 2 older teenagers living there also. If so, where were they that morning? On a school day? Why don't we here about them at all?

I don't remember reading anything about four grandchildren living with the McCombs.

Think, I don't get too caught up with every word of a parent whose child just went missing/was abducted.
(I realize she's an adult, but she's his child)

I can't imagine going through that. So, I don't pick apart everything they say.

IMO he found the tarp package, knew it didn't belong there, and passed it on to LE.

Maybe he didn't know if it was windy or not early that morning. Maybe in his mind, even if it were windy, it did not blow up to his yard.
He knew the problems whe was having and how scared she was of being killed. So, IMO when she did come up missing and a tarp package was found, he knew in his mind it didn't just blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member