Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 8 *D. Stewart guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Douglas Stewart (or someone answering his cell phone) was contacted by Michigan State Police in the evening of April 26 in Newport News, Va. Subsequently, his pickup truck was located several blocks from his home containing an April 25 receipt from an Ohio Wal-Mart store for the purchase of a shovel, tarp, gloves, and a hat.

***IMO this could have been someone else who answered his phone. MSP has not said either way that I have seen.

If they've not done an analysis to determine if it was Doug answering the phone, then his attorney is REALLY doing the happy dance. An ecstatic jig, if you will.

:waitasec:

Maybe that's their plan. To wear out his attorney so he doesn't have the energy to defend Doug.

I think I like the tomato patch idea-I mean was there a plowed field or a dug well that was just filled in on that day??? MSP would be able to see that from the air, though-did they do air searches for her?

If they have a recording of the contact that was made with "Doug" on April 26th, maybe they took his voice recorder to do an analysis of the voice on the LE recording and a known sample of his voice?

If they've not done an analysis to determine if it was Doug answering the phone, then his attorney is REALLY doing the happy dance. An ecstatic jig, if you will.

:waitasec:

Maybe that's their plan. To wear out his attorney so he doesn't have the energy to defend Doug.

Again, we don't know if they have or not. We need to remember we don't know all that LE knows.
He has been POI from the beginning and they have said they will not name him a suspect until they have an arrest warrant in their hands. IMO they are in the gathering stage right now and getting as much as they can BEFORE the arrest. IMO that does not mean they don't have enough to arrest them, they are just doing as much as they can until they arrest him.
Speedy trial thing kicks in upon charges right?

I don't think he is a danger to anybody else. He hated VS IMO and wanted HER dead. He threatened HER. He thinks he was sly enough to get away with it. I don't see him killing again. JMO

So, LE is in no rush to make an arrest.

But, I would like to know why we are not hearing much on what they are doing to locate VS. They have not talked much about that at all.
I'd like to know what's going on with that part of the case. Maybe they think if they squeeze DS enough, he will spill the beans. I don't think he will.

If they have a recording of the contact that was made with "Doug" on April 26th, maybe they took his voice recorder to do an analysis of the voice on the LE recording and a known sample of his voice?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great point DairyGirl!!! They would need a voice to compare their recording to.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

As far as more searching...now that they believe they know DS was in MI only to return to VA, how on earth could they decide where to expend their resources and efforts in locating her? She could be in any one of several states, as I doubt he would have made any more stops nearby if (he thought) he was lucky enough to that point to grab her, unseen. Even if he drove twenty or forty miles before leaving her, that's just too much distance to search effectively with no clues. And it is usually someone other than LE who finds a body, unfortunately, someone just going about their business. Maybe that will happen in this case.

cluciano, I hope too she is found soon.
Those who love her need to know what happened to her.

I feel she is deceased. I wish she wasn't.

And, you are right, almost always someone else finds the body. I just hope he was in such a hurry he didn't hide it very well and someone will spot it soon.

I even thought of the tarp. I wonder if it was one of those bright blue ones. If so and she is wrapped in it, even if only a little bit of the tarp is showing, it will be more noticeable than just a body. KWIM

I pray daily that she is found. God bless her. She did not deserve this.

But see, as crazy as all this sounds...it's even crazier IMO to think someone could have set all this up to point to Doug.

He did it IMO.

Crazy is a state of mind. Crazy comes in all shapes and sizes too. It depends largely on the viewpoint of the person who is committing the act and what they believe their motives are. People do strange things and this case especially shows us that things are often not what they really seem.

In my opinion...whatever has happened in Venus Stewart's case is a direct result of the "criminal" allegations that went back and forth, the tit-for-tat, as some have called it. But these are not allegations that can be thrown out there for casual consumption or on a whim without expecting some kind of blowback, hurt feelings, or even crazy behavior to follow.

From what we know, the criminal "allegations" were a two way street. There could be any number of people on either side of the equation who feel the children need to be protected from the other party and that any actions to that end are justifiable and even righteous, that's even before you involve religion. (if any of them are religious, I have no idea). Heck, some of the people on this thread have become extremely emotional about this case and have no involvement in it. Imagine the disdain that the actual players must have for each other.

There is plenty of crazy to go around in this case...and it's not the people who are in here thinking diligently about all the known facts of the case.

IMO Doug would have a hard time not wanting to hurt someone who he thought may have "done something criminal" around his children. I would also think Doug would have a hard time not wanting to hurt someone who falsely accused him of hurting one of his own children. I also think that Larry would have a hard time not wanting to hurt Doug if he falsely accused him of doing something criminal, which Venus notes revealed, Doug did. I also think if Doug believed his accusations were true, he'd have a hard time watching his wife take off and return to the person's house he made the criminal allegations against if he believed whatever it was, was true.

There is too much that is unknown at this point to make any more sense of it. But none of it can be a surprise given the sensitive nature of "criminal" allegations and the fact that these people are all emotionally vested and have been for years.

I'm on the fence waiting for the next big shocker to come out in an article in the press followed by DS still walking around free.

There's your crazy. MOO

Just a thought about recorded police lines. The agencies I am familiar with not all lines are recorded. It could be on a recorded line - especially if the officer making the call felt it was important to have a recording. Whenever, one of our officers wanted to ensure a recording - they were on one of those recorded lines. Then again if they were just starting an investigation they could have been on one of the unrecorded lines.

Just a thought about recorded police lines. The agencies I am familiar with not all lines are recorded. It could be on a recorded line - especially if the officer making the call felt it was important to have a recording. Whenever, one of our officers wanted to ensure a recording - they were on one of those recorded lines. Then again if they were just starting an investigation they could have been on one of the unrecorded lines.

Well, they knew from the very beginning she did not leave willingly. They suspected from the start he had taken her. By the time they reached him in NN, they'd already put out bulletins to the press and were looking for him in connection to her apparent abduction. Since they were calling their number one suspect, I hope to God they recorded the call.

Forgive me if this idea has already been mentioned. I try to keep up but a lot of time, I miss pages at a time and for the life of me cannot get caught up, lol.

Couldn't he have forwarded his calls to another phone? Either from his home to his cell or even a disposable cell. Or from his cell to a disposable cell. If the police reached him by phone, he may not have been anywhere near home. I frequently forward my home calls to my cell if I am traveling, it's very simple and just involves a little button pushing on the phone. I don't know if that would show up on the phone records that it had been forwarded or not but it was an idea.

Maybe it was "tit for tat" or "a two way street", but only one party is missing, and presumed abducted/hurt/murdered. Maybe 1 just took the tit for tat a little too far and now two innocent children are without a mother and most likely without a father.

I don't think he was framed.

JMO

I think DS is "crazy".

Maybe it was "tit for tat" or "a two way street", but only one party is missing, and presumed abducted/hurt/murdered. Maybe 1 just took the tit for tat a little too far and now two innocent children are without a mother and most likely without a father.

I don't think he was framed.

JMO

I think DS is "crazy".

Which one? Seems we have several. :waitasec:

If it does indeed turn out that DS created this elaborate alibi, which I believe it probably will, it's too bad that he didn't use his creativity in a positive way.

Again, CJ, I totally agree with you.
But IMO rage took over and he couldn't be "one upped" by Venus. When she took the kids to MI and filed for temp custody, it drove him over the edge.

JMO/MOO/IMO

Venus is missing...presumed to be abducted....no proof that she is dead, though. Her own father doesn't believe she is. I certainly hope she's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89