Michael Meyden, 57, arrested for drugging his daughter's three 12 year old friends with a benzodiazepine during sleepover last summer (2023)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

iusedtofloat

Reaction score
Very disgusting case. VERY smart girls, and I hope they're getting all the therapy and support they could possibly need. I also hope this monster isn't allowed to see his children, and that his poor daughter doesn't feel guilt over what her father attempted to do to her friends. Jeez Louise.

This article is very long so I tried to just put the pertinent parts...

A 57-year-old man is accused of drugging three 12-year-old girls with sedative-laced smoothies during his daughter’s sleepover last summer at his Lake Oswego home, court records show.

Michael Meyden turned himself in to the Clackamas County Jail late Tuesday on multiple felony and misdemeanor allegations and pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Wednesday in Clackamas County Circuit Court. His bail was set at $50,000.

Meyden laced mango smoothies with benzodiazepines and served the drinks to his daughter’s friends, according to a probable cause affidavit written by Lake Oswego police Detective Nicole Palmeri. A benzodiazepine is a depressant that slows the nervous system.

Meyden faces charges including causing another person to ingest a controlled substance and application of a controlled substance to the body of another person.

According to the affidavit, Meyden made repeated visits to the basement, at one point holding his finger under one girl’s nose and waving his hand in front of her face to see if she was asleep. He also moved one girl’s arm and moved her body on the bed. The girl “remained awake in fear that Mr. Meyden was going to do something” to her friend, according to the affidavit.

Meyden walked out of the room, prompting a girl to text her mother at 1:43 a.m. Sunday: “Mom please pick me up and say I had a family emergency. I don’t feel safe. I might not respond but please come get me (crying emoji), Please. Please pick up. Please. PLEASE!!”

One girl told police “she could feel him watching her by his presence as she kept her eyes shut, pretending to be asleep.” Meyden appeared to keep “doing tests to make sure we weren’t awake,” a girl told Palmeri.

In the middle of the night, an adult who one of the girls had texted came to pick her up and bring her home. The girl then woke up her parents, who then contacted the parents of the other girls. Those parents went to the Meyden home about 3 a.m. to collect their daughters. Meyden resisted at first, saying the girls were asleep and asking the parents to return in the morning, Palmeri wrote.

The parents insisted.

At noon the following day, between nine and 12 hours after the girls had allegedly been drugged, Palmeri interviewed one of them, observing that the girl “walked slowly and used the assistance of her mother for balance, her eyelids were heavy, and she spoke slowly.”

The girl could not walk on her own after she left Meyden’s house and kept repeating “what happened” before her parents decided to take her to the hospital, Palmeri wrote.

Michael Meyden, 57, turned himself into police on Thursday and was indicted on nine felony and misdemeanor charges, including causing another to ingest a controlled substance, according to the Lake Oswego Police Department.

Police say Meyden was taken in at the Clackamas County Jail. However, jail records reviewed by PEOPLE show he is no longer in custody as of Friday morning. The Oregonian reports his bail was set at $50,000.

According to a probable cause affidavit, investigators were called to the Randall Children’s Hospital on Saturday, August 26 last year to speak with three girls who were being treated after suspecting they were given drugs by their friend’s father the night before, per The Oregonian.

The affidavit claims that Meyden was unusually involved in the girls’ sleepover plans and constantly checked in on them throughout the night, the girls told police, according to The Oregonian.

Police said in an affidavit that officers arrived at the hospital and said one of the 12-year-old girls “walked slowly and used the assistance of her mother for balance, her eyelids were heavy, and she spoke slowly.” Another girl could not walk without assistance when her parents picked her up that night, repeating “what happened,” police said, according to The Oregonian.

Lake Oswego Police later determined that Meyden “was responsible for the drugs detected in the girls’ bloodstreams,” according to the Lake Oswego Police Department. It is unclear if Meyden has retained an attorney to speak on his behalf.

Oregon man spiked smoothies for daughter's 12-year-old friends with sedatives, affidavit says

"The night of the sleepover, Meyden was highly involved in the girls’ activities, and took them to get their nails done and picked up pizza for dinner, according to the affidavit."

"Before the four girls went to bed, Meyden made them smoothies. The girls, including Meyden’s daughter, were all served two smoothies each in milkshake-style glasses, the affidavit said."

“'Mr. Meyden specifically gave each of the girls specific colored reusable straws to distinguish their own drink. Mr. Meyden was adamant that the girls drink out of their own cups,' the affidavit said."

A Clackamas County Grand Jury heard evidence in the case and issued an indictment against Mr. Meyden for the following charges:
  • 3 counts of Causing Another to Ingest a Controlled Substance
  • 3 counts of Application of a Schedule-4 Controlled Substance to Another
  • 3 counts of Delivery of a Controlled Substance to a Minor

Meyden and his wife divorced late last year; neither of their two children are listed in the indictments against Michael Meyden. The couple lived in Lake Oswego at the time of the alleged incident; the suspect currently lives in Vancouver, Washington.

August last year??? Wonder why he wasn't charged many months ago!! I'm glad the teen was able to get help for herself and friends. Sure doesn't sound like this was his first rodeo though doing this. What a sick creep!! This is why you simply cannot trust your kids going to sleepovers. Too many of these creeps are out there!

Article states he was formerly a Human Resources Director. I feel like I read that somewhere (but can't confirm) that he may have worked at the hospital the girls were taken to for treatment.
In public records, the address associated with Meyden, 57, comes up to a home assessed at $1.1 million, but divorce records obtained by The Oregonian show he now lives in an RV park.

It sounds like he specifically didn't drug his own child. The colour coded straws and insisting that the girls all only drink from their own allocated drinks would suggest that to me.
I thought that at first also. Many of the articles seem to suggest that was the reason for the color coded straws. But then it made me wonder - wouldn't she think it strange that her 3 guests were all out cold? And the one sleepover guest who feigned sleep - why would she have to if MM's daughter was also awake? Just making me ponder...

I thought that at first also. Many of the articles seem to suggest that was the reason for the color coded straws. But then it made me wonder - wouldn't she think it strange that her 3 guests were all out cold? And the one sleepover guest who feigned sleep - why would she have to if MM's daughter was also awake? Just making me ponder...

Maybe the girls were different sizes and he gave them all the same dose? Possibly didn't affect the one girl as much?.

I'm wondering about his daughter, not sure how to articulate my thoughts there yet.

Girls at Sleepover Were Allegedly Drugged by 12-Year-Old's Dad: 'I Don't Feel Safe'
[BBM]
"The girls said sometime between 9 and 11 p.m., Meyden delivered mango smoothies with white chunks in them to the girls and encouraged them to drink them, even making a second drink when one of the girls complained about the taste, the girls reportedly claimed to police. Investigators later alleged in a probable cause affidavit that Meyden gave the girls benzodiazepine, according to the newspaper."

Also, in a previous article:
Oregon man spiked smoothies for daughter's 12-year-old friends with sedatives, affidavit says
[BBM]
"One girl drank two cups, and another girl drank one cup and a third said she did not like the smoothies and barely drank any at all."

"According to the affidavit, two girls slept on a pullout couch in the basement, while two others slept in a bedroom in the basement. The third girl, who didn’t drink much of the smoothie, reported that Meyden came downstairs more than once. She had been sleeping close to another girl and said Meyden tried to physically separate the two, the document stated."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back