Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daycare never called if the kids were not there for the day.

I wouldn't think it was odd for the husband to call the sister to pick up a fax. What if he was planning a surprise trip or something and the travel agent was faxing an itinerary. Hubby didn't want to ruin the surprise so he calls SIL to run over and pick it up. When my brother lived near me he had access to my house and I had him run over and pick things up or do things for me all the time.

I think the circumstances of his wife's death make the request seem a little suspicious, but if the wife hadn't been murdered, I wouldn't think it was odd.

Like Wufdude, I live in Raleigh, too. I'm probably about 20 miles from the Young house. There is a lot of coverage here and I'm quite intrigued by this case. I followed the Laci Peterson case on this board (although I never posted) all the way through Scott's conviction.

Wufdude has been a great resource for ya'll so far and hopefully I can provide some information, too, as the investigation continues.

This case is just so sad, especially because of her unborn baby. I, too, am pregnant so it seems close to home to me (no pun intended).

2luvmy said:
I wouldn't think it was odd for the husband to call the sister to pick up a fax. What if he was planning a surprise trip or something and the travel agent was faxing an itinerary.

A surprise trip when she's 8 months pregnant with a 2 year old at home? Highly doubtful. Here we go again. The "perfect" couple, the travelin' salesman, the dog, etc. etc.

If this fax was so important and possibly a suprise that he didn't want his wife to see, why wouldn't he have called the company who was faxing this and have it faxed to a place he could receive it? There are plenty of Mail Box type stores that have faxes available for a small fee. I know when my home office fax wasn't working, I went to one of these stores and called the company w/ the fax number from that store and had the papers faxed to me.

ISPTRAX said:
A surprise trip when she's 8 months pregnant with a 2 year old at home? Highly doubtful. Here we go again. The "perfect" couple, the travelin' salesman, the dog, etc. etc.
I was thinking the same thing. Except this one seems a little smarter than scott. This one at least has someone find the body when he is out of town, and doesnt put his self where the bodies wash up. Pregnant women dont stand a chance anymore.

ISPTRAX said:

Taken from the above article - "Michelle Marie Young, four months pregnant, was killed by blunt trauma."

A trip at four months wouldn't be all that uncommon.

kahskye said:
If this fax was so important and possibly a suprise that he didn't want his wife to see, why wouldn't he have called the company who was faxing this and have it faxed to a place he could receive it? There are plenty of Mail Box type stores that have faxes available for a small fee. I know when my home office fax wasn't working, I went to one of these stores and called the company w/ the fax number from that store and had the papers faxed to me.

Just playing devil's adovcate here...

Why pay for a fax service when you have a fax machine at home, know your wife is at work, and someone who could have been helping you plan the surprise has access to your house could just run over and grab it?

I wouldn't pay for one.

I think these are all valid points. Another thing I was thinking about. So he left Thursday night for a business trip and to stay with his parents in the NC mountains, leaving behind his pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter. He was at his parent's house on Friday afternoon when he supposedly found out. I wonder what type of explantation he may have as to why his family didn't go along with him for a weekend in the NC mountains this time of year. Obviously there could be a multitude of reasons why they didn't but it just seems odd to leave for a business trip on a Thursday night and then be at your parent's house on Friday afternoon?

Not really. At 4 months pregnant you are tired esp with a little one running around, she could still be having morning sickness etc. She also had a job right? Maybe she couldn't take off of work. And with a little one at 4 a quickie trip is more work than it's usually worth really. Then too, she could be like me and just not want to spend time with her in laws. I don't need to see them any time soon. Or, he was just in the area and took advantage of being able to see his family.

I also wouldn't pay for a fax and my brother, mother, mil and a friend all have keys to my house and have done quick errands for me when I was out of town and dh was at work and couldn't stop by.

Not really. At 4 months pregnant you are tired esp with a little one running around, she could still be having morning sickness etc. She also had a job right? Maybe she couldn't take off of work. And with a little one at 4 a quickie trip is more work than it's usually worth really. Then too, she could be like me and just not want to spend time with her in laws. I don't need to see them any time soon. Or, he was just in the area and took advantage of being able to see his family.

I also wouldn't pay for a fax and my brother, mother, mil and a friend all have keys to my house and have done quick errands for me when I was out of town and dh was at work and couldn't stop by.
I agree with this as well. Just trying to get a mental image of what could have transpired. I still say the fact that LE was able to so quickly say that it was not a random case is just weird. There had to be something blatantly obvious especially since I believe the sister indicated that the house was in disarray. How could LE have determined so quickly that there were no valuables stolen, etc.?

I agree with Wufdude - how did the police know nothing was missing? Just b/c a screen isn't cut or a door kicked open doesn't mean there wasn't a real intruder. I'm quite security conscious yet sometimes forget to lock doors/windows. I'd say that the police must have something really concreate to say it wasn't random. Like maybe the house WASN'T "tossed" like a real burglary would be? The sister DID say it was in disarray but she could mean something spilled in the kitchen, plus there WERE the toddler's bloody footprints all over the place. That certainly qualifies as disarray.... So what did the police see that made them say it wasn't random????

And if the husband DID do it, wouldn't he TRY to make it look like someone broke in? With no sign of a break in, of course they are going to look at him.

Keep in mind that I *do* think the husband did it. I don't get the overnight business trip. When was he supposed to/scheduled to return to Raleigh? If his young family wasn't with him, I would've thought he'd be back on the road to Raleigh, unless he was specifically going to hang out with his Mom for the day or the weekend. Too many unanswered questions.

AND - in that regard - where is the husband's plea for the public to come forward with any info so that the killer can be caught? If he stays mum and lawyers up, I think it'll speak for itself.

Jason Young doubled over when he learned that his 29-year-old wife had been killed in their home south of Raleigh, his stepfather said Monday.

"I met him in the yard and told him what happened," Gerald McIntyre, the stepfather, said from his home in Brevard. "He went plumb to his knees."

<snip>

When Jason Young arrived back in the Raleigh area, the sheriff's office impounded his sport utility vehicle with all of the luggage belonging to him, his mother, sister and brother-in-law, he said.

McIntyre said he told Jason Young to get a lawyer. He said he was afraid that police would pin the death on his stepson, regardless of evidence.

"I do not want my son to be talking to any type of investigators," he said. "They're not going to be trustworthy when they talk to him."

McIntyre criticized the sheriff's office for not immediately returning the belongings, which included medical prescriptions, purses and cell phones. The items will be returned once investigators are finished with them, said Phyllis Stephens, spokeswoman for the sheriff's office.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/507222.html

I think the about bolded/underlined statement is a little strange.

I do find this an interesting twist to the story also:

Young (Michelle) worked at Progress Energy in the tax department. It is the second high-profile death of a Progress Energy employee in recent months.

In August, investigators say Cynthia Moreland was abducted from a downtown Raleigh parking garage. She worked for Progress Energy for more than 25 years. Her body was later found in Harnett County. Antonio Chance is charged in her death.
http://www.wral.com/news/10246259/detail.html

I did a little more research on Cynthia Moreland thinking there could be a connection. There has been an arrest made in her case.

Police say Chance, a convicted sexual offender, abducted Cynthia Moreland from a city-owned parking deck in downtown Raleigh on Aug. 22. Three days later, he was arrested and charged with kidnapping and using Moreland's debit card. He was charged with murder after Moreland's body was found in Harnett County on Sept. 1.

http://www.newsobserver.com/1330/story/485982.html

Shadow205 said:
I do find this an interesting twist to the story also:

Young (Michelle) worked at Progress Energy in the tax department. It is the second high-profile death of a Progress Energy employee in recent months.

In August, investigators say Cynthia Moreland was abducted from a downtown Raleigh parking garage. She worked for Progress Energy for more than 25 years. Her body was later found in Harnett County. Antonio Chance is charged in her death.
http://www.wral.com/news/10246259/detail.html
That is interesting. Wonder what evidence they have that chance is guilty? Might be a connection.I know im stretching, but maybe not.

Elizabeth said:
Like Wufdude, I live in Raleigh, too. I'm probably about 20 miles from the Young house. There is a lot of coverage here and I'm quite intrigued by this case. I followed the Laci Peterson case on this board (although I never posted) all the way through Scott's conviction.

Wufdude has been a great resource for ya'll so far and hopefully I can provide some information, too, as the investigation continues.

This case is just so sad, especially because of her unborn baby. I, too, am pregnant so it seems close to home to me (no pun intended).

Welcome to the forum!

I used to live about 30 minutes away from Raleigh and now live in Western NC, closer to Transylvania county. I followed Laci Peterson's case, too, and am very interested in this case.

Glad to have you and Wufdude local to the Raleigh area.

I wonder how long the trip was planned. I know when I make arrangements for my boss, his wife rarely goes and they have 3 small children. He'll visit his parents for the weekend but then again, we make the arrangements a couple weeks in advance. I wonder if he had plans to see his parents.

wufdude said:
I think these are all valid points. Another thing I was thinking about. So he left Thursday night for a business trip and to stay with his parents in the NC mountains, leaving behind his pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter. He was at his parent's house on Friday afternoon when he supposedly found out. I wonder what type of explantation he may have as to why his family didn't go along with him for a weekend in the NC mountains this time of year. Obviously there could be a multitude of reasons why they didn't but it just seems odd to leave for a business trip on a Thursday night and then be at your parent's house on Friday afternoon?

cynpat2000 said:
That is interesting. Wonder what evidence they have that chance is guilty? Might be a connection.I know im stretching, but maybe not.

I believe they have video of him driving out of the parking garage and he used her cell phone and credit cards. It has been awhile, but I think that's right.

I believe they have video of him driving out of the parking garage and he used her cell phone and credit cards. It has been awhile, but I think that's right.
I don't think these two cases are linked at all. The Moreland case was purely random and the guy arrested was supposedly strung out on drugs. It just seems to be a coincidence that the two women had the same employer. Also, Progress Energy is a large employer in the area.

wufdude said:
I don't think these two cases are linked at all. The Moreland case was purely random and the guy arrested was supposedly strung out on drugs. It just seems to be a coincidence that the two women had the same employer. Also, Progress Energy is a large employer in the area.
I agree, different methods of attack/murder also, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyWobbles