Miley Cyrus Embarrassed by Vanity Fair Photo Shoot - Racy Photos

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My drama students and I were talking about this. We talked about recent young performers (Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan), and how they were exploited (for lack of a better word) like this, and where they are now. Then how other actors, such as Hillary Duff, tend to stay "clean," but you don't hear about them as often. So we agreed that "there is no such thing as bad publicity."

Another point the students brought up is that there seems to be less problems with the bad boys of Hollywood. A kid like Shia LeBeuf can get caught with marijauna and nobody cares, but a girl takes photos like Miley and it's the hottest topic in the US. So there is somewhat of a double standard.

I've only been able to view one photo, the one with her back bared. My school computer blocks the others. I can't wait to see the rest. Which is the worst?

Anyway, the photos turned out to be a conversation starter and learning moment for drama today, so I'm not complaining. Over my dead body would my 15-year-old take such pictures, though.

what AI thing?

From the Idol Gives Back Show a couple weeks ago. Miley and her Dad went to a house a family was living in that was BAD, the kids were in terrible shape, garbage everywhere. The family living in squalor. It was very sad.

Hez... good link.
From the second link....

http://www.laineygossip.com/Miley_Cy...nity_Fair.aspx

"Her father was on this shoot. Her manager, her publicist, her team, several suits from Disney, all on hand to protect their latest piece of teen property. So picture then what was going down – picture a 15 year old posing for photos, with her lips suggestively swollen, her inviting eyes experienced beyond her years, her shoulder cocked just so, and hear it in your head, hear the ADULTS surrounding her calling out their approval:

Yeah Miley, that’s great. Just like that. Perfect. Now hold it – hold it right there. Amazing. That’s the shot. That was the money shot. A few more of those honey. That’s good… tilt your chin down a little more? Yes, yes. Wonderful. And drop your eyes … Incredible. You look so incredible.

No doubt, the 15 year old who doesn’t want to be a girl anymore… she probably ate it all up.

And now some predator will be able to enjoy these while waiting to pay for eggs in line at the grocery."

This person has it right on the money!

My drama students and I were talking about this. We talked about recent young performers (Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan), and how they were exploited (for lack of a better word) like this, and where they are now. Then how other actors, such as Hillary Duff, tend to stay "clean," but you don't hear about them as often. So we agreed that "there is no such thing as bad publicity."

Another point the students brought up is that there seems to be less problems with the bad boys of Hollywood. A kid like Shia LeBeuf can get caught with marijauna and nobody cares, but a girl takes photos like Miley and it's the hottest topic in the US. So there is somewhat of a double standard.

I've only been able to view one photo, the one with her back bared. My school computer blocks the others. I can't wait to see the rest. Which is the worst?

Anyway, the photos turned out to be a conversation starter and learning moment for drama today, so I'm not complaining. Over my dead body would my 15-year-old take such pictures, though.

Mr. E. the one with her bare back is it.

Oh the worst is how she's looking up at dear ol' dad, IMO. extreme paedophiliac-fantasy type shots. the 'come-on' look on her face. far, far worse than the shot with the sheet.

just my opinion, of course.

Oh the worst is how she's looking up at dear ol' dad, IMO. extreme paedophiliac-fantasy type shots. the 'come-on' look on her face. far, far worse than the shot with the sheet.

i kind of a had a thought of that flitter across my mind but i wasn't going to come out and say that... but now that you've brought it up. i still think the fifteen year old was put in a bad place! they could have had some more... daddy / daughter friendly poses.

I agree, I think that one is gross and kind of disturbing.

Things aren't always what they appear to be, and this is one of those times. I don't have all the info, but I "heard" that she was very distressed because she was basically lied to. Disney has come out and is standing behind her. They both have apologized for this misunderstanding.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just related to everyone what I had heard or read a couple of days ago. Here's another link, probably similar to the other ones that have been posted.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080428/ap_en_mu/people_miley_cyrus_10

I don't agree with what has happened, anymore than a lot of people here, and I am probably more offended then most because my 8 year old granddaughter and her friends just love her. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I didn't realize until now that her parents were there, too.

If I didn't know better, and I only do so because I read the story I would think they were boyfriend and girlfriend - the photos of her and her father are ewwwwwwwwww,

and it has achieved exactly what they wanted it to achieve, the backpedalling was factored into it when they all sat down and decided how to get loads of free PR, for the Cyrus clan, for Annie, for the magazine and for Disney,

Any regular folks taking photos like this of a 15 year old would be having quite a few questions asked of them by now

It makes me a little furious that Disney reps were there, as well as practically all the other (supposed) adults in her life. :mad:

Mr E, good job talking about this with your students!!!

thats my whole thing. my 7 year old loves her and i don't mind her listening to HM on her ipod or whatever, or watching that show on TV... we listen to radio disney in the car, she wears the branded clothing and the earrings and jewlery. i just don't like it that i am going to have to do some explaining, and at the same time i feel sorry that a 15 year old is going through all this.

It makes me a little furious that Disney reps were there, as well as practically all the other (supposed) adults in her life. :mad:

Mr E, good job talking about this with your students!!!

That makes me furious as well! I cannot believe that her parents and reps all were ok with this. She does seem like such a nice girl and it is a shame to see her used like this.:mad:

Well, I'm ready to write a letter to these fools - the adults. Any thoughts on to whom and where such correspondence should be sent?

Regular folk would face criminal charges. Why won't Leibowitz?

Maybe social services will investigate?

I just think it's a very sad state of affair when as a parent you allow your child to be 'sexualized' in a photo or shots for beauty pagents.

MS corp. targeting an aging market? Moving from preteen to teen. Seems very calculated pr move .... considering Leibowitz's stylized photoraphy.

Isn't that the formula? former Disney star .... etc.

Maybe social services will investigate?

I just think it's a very sad state of affair when as a parent you allow your child to be 'sexualized' in a photo or shots for beauty pagents.

MS corp. targeting an aging market? Moving from preteen to teen. Seems very calculated pr move .... considering Leibowitz's stylized photoraphy.

Isn't that the formula? former Disney star .... etc.

Yes i think that's the formula.

ooooh... i just watched this interview that said that her parents left the shoot with 10 min left to go. maybe that is when this was taken? if so i'd sue.
its on MSNBC, Miley Cyrus Photos too racey?

i mean, her hair is tossed, she's lipsticked up, she's stuck in a sheet... her eyes are half open. i mean, she's doing everything except smoking a ciggy. if that were my baby and they did that with me off the shoot, i would be throwing a FIT!

I blame the adults for letting this happen. Parents, agents, photographers, et al. She is a child and this is very inappropriate. IMO it borders on child *advertiser censored*.

I'm very disappointed. Everything I've read about her parents has said that they keep her level headed and grounded. Seeing these pictures changes my mind about them. Even the pic of her with Billy Ray borders on being inappropriate.

Regardless of anything else - whether she was manipulated or lied to or whatever - She is a CHILD not an adult. These pictures should not be printed in a magazine.

We are Hannah Montana fans in our house. Not sure what to do now. I'm very disappointed. :(

I blame the adults for letting this happen. Parents, agents, photographers, et al. She is a child and this is very inappropriate. IMO it borders on child *advertiser censored*.

I'm very disappointed. Everything I've read about her parents has said that they keep her level headed and grounded. Seeing these pictures changes my mind about them. Even the pic of her with Billy Ray borders on being inappropriate.

Regardless of anything else - whether she was manipulated or lied to or whatever - She is a CHILD not an adult. These pictures should not be printed in a magazine.

We are Hannah Montana fans in our house. Not sure what to do now. I'm very disappointed. :(

Especially the pictures with Billy Ray. not even bordering on inappropriate. totally inappropriate.

everything i say is my opinion only.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain
Back