Miley Cyrus Embarrassed by Vanity Fair Photo Shoot - Racy Photos

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Things aren't always what they appear to be, and this is one of those times. I don't have all the info, but I "heard" that she was very distressed because she was basically lied to. Disney has come out and is standing behind her. They both have apologized for this misunderstanding.

One of her parents should have been standing there and when asked to remove her shirt, the parents should have very quickly said HELL NO thankyouverymuch.

One of her parents should have been standing there and when asked to remove her shirt, the parents should have very quickly said HELL NO thankyouverymuch.
yeah but if they approached her to do this with her parents off the set, then there was no way.... a fifteen year old was going to turn down a grown woman, a famous photographer down if she said "i am going to take some beautiful pictures of you. now lets do it."
poor kid! i feel sorrier and sorrier for her! she's an actress / singer / model, she does what she's told. she's freakin 15. poor kid does not need to be going through this, she needs to be doing an ACT prep or worrying about finals...

We are Hannah Montana fans in our house. Not sure what to do now. I'm very disappointed. :(

Can you imagine the talk on the playground this week? Will be very disappointing for all her pre-teen fans.

Remember when Jerry left the Spice Girls? ... and a lot of little hearts were crushed.

This is a hard topic to explain to your children, why Hannah Montana would appear topless!?

she is 15. she is not a business she is a 15 year old girl. if police had found a picture like this on your hard drive of a unknown 15 year old you would not be shocked to be charged with child *advertiser censored*. it is a shame that many will think less of her for this. she is 15. the adults around her are supposed to protect and guide her, not use and corrupt her. if your child's art teacher asked them to pose like this at school there would be outrage. the fact she has lived in Hollywood does not suddenly change biology. she is not a grown up able adult choices. it is no surprise that girls raised in Hollywood often turn to drugs and men for validation. the adults around them are failures.

yeah but if they approached her to do this with her parents off the set, then there was no way.... a fifteen year old was going to turn down a grown woman, a famous photographer down if she said "i am going to take some beautiful pictures of you. now lets do it."
poor kid! i feel sorrier and sorrier for her! she's an actress / singer / model, she does what she's told. she's freakin 15. poor kid does not need to be going through this, she needs to be doing an ACT prep or worrying about finals...

I guess I wasn't clear. There should NEVER be a time a parent is OFF set.

All of this uproar is just going to make her all the more popular, even if some parents boycott her. I wish the "scandal" would make her slink away and lose her popularity but I know better. I'm so sick of Miley Cyrus.:rolleyes: And it has nothing to do with her as a person, I'm just tired of seeing her and hearing about her everyday.

she is 15. she is not a business she is a 15 year old girl. if police had found a picture like this on your hard drive of a unknown 15 year old you would not be shocked to be charged with child *advertiser censored*. it is a shame that many will think less of her for this. she is 15. the adults around her are supposed to protect and guide her, not use and corrupt her. if your child's art teacher asked them to pose like this at school there would be outrage. the fact she has lived in Hollywood does not suddenly change biology. she is not a grown up able adult choices. it is no surprise that girls raised in Hollywood often turn to drugs and men for validation. the adults around them are failures.

Geez, sherri. Isn't that the God's honest truth.
How do you explain this one to your kids?
When a child's basic rights are negleted and a press released apology blurs the line on the child *advertiser censored* issue.

Browsed around at a few fan sites .... some "everyone makes mistakes" response from fans .... and then others were very critical and labeled MS as a *advertiser censored* or that the photos "make her look slutty".

Any publicity is great. Negative publicity sometimes better. We're all talking about her, right? Of course her agents were there. Her parents. Her manager. You get to look at the negatives. You often get to help in the selection of what will go on those pages. They saw that magazine way before it hit the stands. All of them. It's a marketing ploy. Annie Leibowitz is a world famous photographer and has been around for a bajillion years. They'll all get a pay off. Annie has always been controversial. Ahead of time the parents and manager and agent could have said "No, no, no". All acting like now she's apologizing. It's a crock as her family knew exactly what they were doing.

I watched the news this morning and they made it sound like her dad stepped off the set for a few and thats when they asked her to put a yellow tank top on and then took the photos that make it look like she is naked. Who knows but the girl is 15, isnt this borderline *advertiser censored*? I feel bad for her.

Any publicity is great. Negative publicity sometimes better. We're all talking about her, right? Of course her agents were there. Her parents. Her manager. You get to look at the negatives. You often get to help in the selection of what will go on those pages. They saw that magazine way before it hit the stands. All of them. It's a marketing ploy. Annie Leibowitz is a world famous photographer and has been around for a bajillion years. They'll all get a pay off. Annie has always been controversial. Ahead of time the parents and manager and agent could have said "No, no, no". All acting like now she's apologizing. It's a crock as her family knew exactly what they were doing.

IMO they would have had editorial control, she is a huge commodity, they will have full control over her image, and they would have seen and approved the whole article and images before it was released, I find the pictures of her and her dad most disturbing, they are very yucky, but there is no way she and her family, management, etc did not know what was in the magazine before it was released, and it has done what they set out to do

:waitasec: Whatever happened to just a pic in a fancy dress or even blue jeans and a tee shirt? Afterall, she is 15! :eek:

I guess I'm just getting old!

IMO they would have had editorial control, she is a huge commodity, they will have full control over her image, and they would have seen and approved the whole article and images before it was released, I find the pictures of her and her dad most disturbing, they are very yucky, but there is no way she and her family, management, etc did not know what was in the magazine before it was released, and it has done what they set out to do

Of course it has. Half the free world is talking about this. If ya didn't know who Hannah Montana was before ya do now. This kid is a cash cow. She has contracts. It's not like she just showed up on the photo shoot and got duped. She didn't just pick up the magazine like the rest of the world did on publication date. They saw these photographs. Michelle metnioned her dad walked off the shoot for a second and the tank top came up. Get the heck outta here. Her father is in the business. This is a very famous photographer and a so/so upscale magazine. Nobody was going to get sued, and they sure as heck didn't pull no punches when her Pop's set foot off the set. He was present and saw the proofs of the photograph's he's in, right? Michelle I know you didn't say that and heard it, but there's no way. They got somebody watching that kid all the time. It is what it is, and it worked.

She's 15. You would have seen far more had she been in a swim suit.

I thought they were beautiful and not slutty at all. I saw nothing more than a beautiful 15 year old girl. *I* didn't think she looked "sexy."
I thought it looked like art.

My 10 year old son...is glassy eyed and giggly. The thought of her naked under that sheet is blowing his mind...considering the girls in his class adore her and it's one of the few shows I allow him to watch, it's been quite the topic today! ...I saw no reason to hide it from him. We talked about it because while he was SHOCKED and thought it was trashy ....he admits to really LIKE looking at the photo. He said, "if she was my girlfriend, I'd be really mad at her, but since she isn't...it isn't that bad...I guess".

She's 15. You would have seen far more had she been in a swim suit.

I thought they were beautiful and not slutty at all. I saw nothing more than a beautiful 15 year old girl. *I* didn't think she looked "sexy."
I thought it looked like art.

My 10 year old son...is glassy eyed and giggly. The thought of her naked under that sheet is blowing his mind...considering the girls in his class adore her and it's one of the few shows I allow him to watch, it's been quite the topic today! ...I saw no reason to hide it from him. We talked about it because while he was SHOCKED and thought it was trashy ....he admits to really LIKE looking at the photo. He said, "if she was my girlfriend, I'd be really mad at her, but since she isn't...it isn't that bad...I guess".
YOU don't think anything about it, but yes, what about all the 14 year old boys and the 45 year old pedophiles?

The pics aren't as bad as the ones that SHE posted on her very own myspace, imo.

YOU don't think anything about it, but yes, what about all the 14 year old boys and the 45 year old pedophiles?

14 year old boys...well it's their job to drool. They could be looking at far worse. Most probably have! I would rather have my 14 year old gawking at her in those pictures than watching half the shows on tv!

45 year old pedophiles...they don't need any encouragement!

All I can say is if my 15 YO daughter were permitted to pose like this I would (and rightly so) be arrested for child *advertiser censored*.

There is nothing artsy or tasteful about exploiting a 15 YO.... They could not wait 3 more years until she was legally an adult?
WTF?? Why the rush to show off the skin? There were not options that were artsy and tasteful that allowed for clothing?? I question everyone involved in this. Except for maybe the 15 yo who had a crew full of adults and her father saying it was all OK.

NICE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back