Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is SS selling off the vehicles? Is he on the "payroll" of Millardair? What is his position/role with Millardair? Is he one of the hangar's "clients"? Did DM transfer the ownership of the vehicles over to him? I suppose he is not on the no-contact list.

I feel MB hired him to sell off and clean up the hanger, seeing that he was the mechanic for DM, he would know the vehicles and the insides of the hanger the best. Seems logical to me. JMO

Why is SS selling off the vehicles? Is he on the "payroll" of Millardair? What is his position/role with Millardair? Is he one of the hangar's "clients"? Did DM transfer the ownership of the vehicles over to him? I suppose he is not on the no-contact list.

The Ontario College of Trades (OCT) has him listed as:

Automotive Service Technician, Journeypersons Class
Certificate of Qualification April 8, 2013

https://tmsportal.collegeoftrades.ca/web/ocot-public-services-v3/public-registry

Slogging through LinkedIn I found 10 people listing "Millardair MRO" as employer and of the 10, 2 are still employed there. That is aside from SS.

SS does not have a LinkedIn page. However he has been around doing things like re-registering the company's domain names and other gopher jobs.

If an MSM reporter uses information that sleuthers found on here, it would be nice to throw a mention of the people who found it. i.e. JP from the Star. JMO

I have no doubt AS was telling the truth about why he had no signed contracts.

I know of NO reputable companies that are required by law to abide by regulations that would even tour the facility or talk "real" business as long as DM had his junk in the hangar where that regulated business was to be conducted.

As part of many country's federal government, there are rules governing all facets of safety up to and including that whomever you do business with has to have their work safety stats(employee injuries for example), the way they manage change in work orders, security, specific written procedures, fire and safety training, emergency response, trade secrets, yada, yada.

So even if I wanted to do business with DM and his MRO my Quality Assurance auditor couldn't even audit his ability nor sign off that he saw an acceptable establishment to work on my planes which are governed by US federal regs UNTIL HE CLEANED UP HIS CRAP.

ETA........Currently the FAA requires a once/year audit of MROs in countries outside the USA.

<rsbm>

I killed my dad because I wanna be a slacker?

Come on, DM was a busy guy, I think the only reason he would have stepped up and killed WM is if he perceived a problem with the business (MRO) and feared losing their fortune because of it.

He has semaphored this fact to us by stating his interest in Accounting on Facebook and by telling the TS, the thing on the top of his mind when LE came looking for him re: TB was the hangar's accounts

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/12/30/dellen_millard_says_he_didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

What kind of problem gets DM out of bed early? Financial problems due to the MRO.

Everybody calls him a do nothing but between the chop shop, the MRO, the real estate deals, whatever hangar based business they had in there taking deliveries, etc. he was a busy guy.

DM bought construction materials like faucets on eBay and I think this shows he had an interest in sprucing places up in order to flip them, and wasn't just sitting around waiting for things to happen to him.

If the MRO had been left to run and gain clients, DM would not be running around in his Nazi SS suit in order to run it. I would say the MRO was dress code casual and DM had no fear of having to show up in a monkey suit every day.

Judging by all the crap he purchased that is now for sale, WM did not keep a tight leash on DM. That's why it is unbelievable that DM felt so controlled by WM that he would kill him just for that.

There had to be a financial problem at hand, where WM and DM differed in their concepts of how to solve it.

What kind of problems would get DM out of bed early? How about the problem that he'd just been involved in a murder and the man's disappearance was all over the news? And he'd been spending all week getting rid of the body and the truck? And he still had yet to actually deal with the truck.

You're also assuming of course that DM told the truth about what he was doing at the hangar that day and that the other person there when Hamilton police arrived was really his "accountant" for Millard Air. Or that there was anyone else there at the hangar with him at all. At that point he had already fired the people that his father had hired ( I believe I read that some were former friends from Pearson, possibly ex Skyservice employees? Not sure why that sticks out in my memory) and hadn't the MRO license already been cancelled or something long prior to May? Considering he was also in the process of purchasing a condo I can understand why he may have been meeting with his accountant but can we be certain that it was actually his accountant at the hangar with him that day? I do not believe a word that DM says about anything at this point.

And was it ever determined if some of the vehicles in the hangar other than the motorcycle were stolen? Accepting deliveries of car parts to work on stolen vehicles wouldn't exactly be considered an upstanding "business" would it? I do not believe SS is an airplane mechanic so there was no "aviation" type business going on at that hangar as the GM of the airport stated in that article. So why the need to meet with the official accountant for the business other than to figure out where he stood financially now that the business no longer existed and he had a large debt on his hands for a hangar and a lease for the next 50 years. And it's likely that the person who tried to continue receiving deliveries at the hangar after DM's arrest was SS. I guess we'll have to wait until the trial to find out just what was going on at that hangar in the months after WM's death. Or maybe not. It probably is inconsequential to the murder investigations.

MOO

I have no doubt AS was telling the truth about why he had no signed contracts.

I know of NO reputable companies that are required by law to abide by regulations that would even tour the facility or talk "real" business as long as DM had his junk in the hangar where that regulated business was to be conducted.

As part of many country's federal government, there are rules governing all facets of safety up to and including that whomever you do business with has to have their work safety stats(employee injuries for example), the way they manage change in work orders, security, specific written procedures, fire and safety training, emergency response, trade secrets, yada, yada.

So even if I wanted to do business with DM and his MRO my Quality Assurance auditor couldn't even audit his ability nor sign off that he saw an acceptable establishment to work on my planes which are governed by US federal regs UNTIL HE CLEANED UP HIS CRAP.

ETA........Currently the FAA requires a once/year audit of MROs in countries outside the USA.

If the crap is a regulatory dealbreaker, how did the MRO become certified WITH DM's crap still in it?

Nov 1 2012 - MRO is certified
Mid/late Nov 2012 - AS and DM meet
Nov 29 2012 - WM dead
^ last Thursday in the month, sounds like PAYROLL DAY

AS said he had "contracts that were in negotiations" which makes it sound like he had put proposals out there, companies had said yes, and they were just nailing down the terms...even though apparently no one had yet toured the premises. In other words, he claims to be in the very last stages of the sales process. To be in contract negotiations, some company has already given a verbal yes. If there was no "yes", then AS had "proposals out there" and not "contracts in negotiations".

Now if AS did have "contracts in negotiations" then he was able to get someone to commit with a "yes" even before the MRO was certified (as it had just been certified within the last couple of weeks). If not having certification is no impediment to starting contract discussions, then what kind of BS is it to say that DM's crap is keeping a contract from being signed?

AS told DM that "until the facilities...could be toured by potential customers, no deals would be signed"...ah so now all of a sudden we are not talking about "contracts", we are talking about "potential customers" or 'qualified leads', companies that might express interest, might accept a proposal, might give a verbal order, might enter contract negotiations and might even sign a contract.

In other words, AS sounds like he was still a long way off from signing a contract.

I am sure AS is a great guy, and a great sales guy, but nothing he told DM reassured him. I am trying to see this from DM's side and I doubt DM would have been moved to kill if WM told him he had to find a garage to rent and move all his crap into.

However if DM saw the business WM had poured millions into faltering, and saw the possibility that he could lose millions, yeah he might kill over that.

Quotes today from the fine AB/Globe and Mail

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

According to the Star article, yes, he is on the no-contact list.

....is one of several people Millard was ordered by a court on April 10 not to contact.

The ads seem to be gone now.

What kind of problems would get DM out of bed early? How about the problem that he'd just been involved in a murder and the man's disappearance was all over the news? And he'd been spending all week getting rid of the body and the truck? And he still had yet to actually deal with the truck.

Well this was Friday morning (the 10th) and he had already ditched the truck the night of the 8/9th. The body, I expect, was incinerated on the 6/7th. Somewhere, though, there were seats from the truck that needed to be dealt with.

LE arrested DM 2 hours later on his return trip home, in Mississauga, so we can be sure that it was a pretty short trip to the hangar that morning.

You're also assuming of course that DM told the truth about what he was doing at the hangar that day and that the other person there when Hamilton police arrived was really his "accountant" for Millard Air. Or that there was anyone else there at the hangar with him at all. At that point he had already fired the people that his father had hired ( I believe I read that some were former friends from Pearson, possibly ex Skyservice employees? Not sure why that sticks out in my memory) and hadn't the MRO license already been cancelled or something long prior to May? Considering he was also in the process of purchasing a condo I can understand why he may have been meeting with his accountant but can we be certain that it was actually his accountant at the hangar with him that day? I do not believe a word that DM says about anything at this point.

DM had retained at least 2 Millardair employees hired for the MRO: a Maintenance Production Supervisor, and a Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are still listed as being presently employed there (unless of course they have not updated their LinkedIn profiles since Dec 2012 which would be a weird thing to do when you are unemployed and looking for work).

DM cancelled the Transport Canada certification for the MRO in February 2013.

And was it ever determined if some of the vehicles in the hangar other than the motorcycle were stolen? Accepting deliveries of car parts to work on stolen vehicles wouldn't exactly be considered an upstanding "business" would it? I do not believe SS is an airplane mechanic so there was no "aviation" type business going on at that hangar as the GM of the airport stated in that article. So why the need to meet with the official accountant for the business other than to figure out where he stood financially now that the business no longer existed and he had a large debt on his hands for a hangar and a lease for the next 50 years. And it's likely that the person who tried to continue receiving deliveries at the hangar after DM's arrest was SS. I guess we'll have to wait until the trial to find out just what was going on at that hangar in the months after WM's death. Or maybe not. It probably is inconsequential to the murder investigations.

MOO

I think the hangar and MRO are pivotal to the examination of WM's "suicide"/murder.

We only know of 2 stolen vehicles, the Harley and the trailer it was packed in.

SS is indeed a automotive service technician but it seems that there were still 2 aircraft maintenance personnel on the payroll.

The lease, at $19k/year, is manageable, especially now that the hangar has tenants. I wonder when they arrived?

Finally:

The listed contact for the online advertisements is “Shane.” A Shane Schlatman — who is pictured in several Facebook photos with Millard, including one taken on a trip south for a racing competition — is one of several people Millard was ordered by a court on April 10 not to contact.
Schlatman’s name and contact information is also registered to the Millardair website.
The Star’s messages left at the number listed for “Shane” were not returned Monday.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...rs_snowmobiles_listed_for_sale_on_kijiji.html

I also can't seem to get anything up for the website today either. But when I looked last night, SS was listed as the contact with a DM e-mail address.

Poor DM, they're going to sell his Baja Jeep on him and all he can do about it is read about it in the papers.

He's going to see that article and if he didn't know his friends and family had given up on his ever making his way out again...he does now.

Well this was Friday morning (the 10th) and he had already ditched the truck the night of the 8/9th. The body, I expect, was incinerated on the 6/7th. Somewhere, though, there were seats from the truck that needed to be dealt with.

LE arrested DM 2 hours later on his return trip home, in Mississauga, so we can be sure that it was a pretty short trip to the hangar that morning.

DM had retained at least 2 Millardair employees hired for the MRO: a Maintenance Production Supervisor, and a Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are still listed as being presently employed there (unless of course they have not updated their LinkedIn profiles since Dec 2012 which would be a weird thing to do when you are unemployed and looking for work).

DM cancelled the Transport Canada certification for the MRO in February 2013.

I think the hangar and MRO are pivotal to the examination of WM's "suicide"/murder.

We only know of 2 stolen vehicles, the Harley and the trailer it was packed in.

SS is indeed a automotive service technician but it seems that there were still 2 aircraft maintenance personnel on the payroll.

The lease, at $19k/year, is manageable, especially now that the hangar has tenants. I wonder when they arrived?

I don't think we can consider that because a couple of people have not updated their LinkdIn profiles that they are still on the payroll of a company that ceased to exist over a year ago. Not to mention they couldn't possibly still be employed if the hangar is being leased to another company today.

From the link posted earlier....

"The doubts the executive expressed were similar to those raised by Dellen Millard in his steakhouse meeting with Mr. Sharif. But Mr. Sharif, who had helped set up similar businesses before, was convinced that the future was bright. He emphasized to Dellen, as he had to Wayne, that the real value of the business lay in its coveted Transport Canada operational certification, the high-quality team it had assembled, and the potential customers who, Mr. Sharif says, were lining up. To dismantle the business before things really got underway and plans came to fruition could mean getting back just 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Yet that&#8217;s exactly what Dellen, Wayne&#8217;s sole heir, did when his father died suddenly. Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen moved quickly to begin liquidating assets. In February, Millardair requested cancellation of the Transport Canada certificate executives had worked hard to obtain. Now that Dellen, the company&#8217;s CEO, is in jail, his mother has taken over at Millardair. Police said Friday they found evidence the hangar was recently used as a &#8220;chop shop,&#8221; with many stolen vehicles and parts on the premises."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

MOO

ETA: Forgot to mention that he hadn't really "ditched the truck" as of the morning of the 10th. It was parked at his mother's house. It still had to be removed from there and LE all over the province were looking for it.

Hot damn you're right, all the kijiji ads are gone.

Now why would they take down the ads just because they were written about in the newspaper? If anything, that publicity would help to sell the stuff. People seem to like to collect murder memorabilia.

MOO

Poor DM, they're going to sell his Baja Jeep on him and all he can do about it is read about it in the papers.

He's going to see that article and if he didn't know his friends and family had given up on his ever making his way out again...he does now.

I don't think he can even read a newspaper can he? Did all the liquidating start after he was charged with the other murders? I guess they really did give up on him beating the TB murder charge only. :jail:

MOO

Now why would they take down the ads just because they were written about in the newspaper? If anything, that publicity would help to sell the stuff. People seem to like to collect murder memorabilia.

MOO

Perhaps LE encouraged them to remove the ads? Or a lawyer with an interest in the case? I mean, DP says he's not liquidating...

“There is nothing nefarious about these real estate deals,” responded Deepak Paradkar, Millard’s criminal lawyer. “He’s not afraid of civil action and he’s not trying to liquidate or hide his assets.”

...but when you sell 94% of your residential real estate, and put $500k of your personal odds and ends on kijiji and similar sites, you're liquidating.

I don't think he can even read a newspaper can he? Did all the liquidating start after he was charged with the other murders? I guess they really did give up on him beating the TB murder charge only. :jail:

MOO

You're right, I think it is TV, cards and a checkerboard...they don't want you to know about the outside world.

The liquidating predates the 2nd and 3rd murder charge, but is recent (as late as March).

I don't think we can consider that because a couple of people have not updated their LinkdIn profiles that they are still on the payroll of a company that ceased to exist over a year ago. Not to mention they couldn't possibly still be employed if the hangar is being leased to another company today.

Someone should call 'em up and ask lol

I don't think we can assume that the entire hangar is leased out to just one company. There could be [space for] multiple tenants. And certainly part of that acre under a red roof is still filled up with DM's crap.

All I can say is that they had about 10 employees and some of them might still be around, because Millardair is still an ongoing venture even if the MRO is not.

From the link posted earlier....

"The doubts the executive expressed were similar to those raised by Dellen Millard in his steakhouse meeting with Mr. Sharif. But Mr. Sharif, who had helped set up similar businesses before, was convinced that the future was bright. He emphasized to Dellen, as he had to Wayne, that the real value of the business lay in its coveted Transport Canada operational certification, the high-quality team it had assembled, and the potential customers who, Mr. Sharif says, were lining up. To dismantle the business before things really got underway and plans came to fruition could mean getting back just 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Yet that’s exactly what Dellen, Wayne’s sole heir, did when his father died suddenly. Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen moved quickly to begin liquidating assets. In February, Millardair requested cancellation of the Transport Canada certificate executives had worked hard to obtain. Now that Dellen, the company’s CEO, is in jail, his mother has taken over at Millardair. Police said Friday they found evidence the hangar was recently used as a “chop shop,” with many stolen vehicles and parts on the premises."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

MOO

ETA: Forgot to mention that he hadn't really "ditched the truck" as of the morning of the 10th. It was parked at his mother's house. It still had to be removed from there and LE all over the province were looking for it.

IF they had a lot of stolen stuff there would not SS be deeper into this than he seems to be?

A number of stolen vehicles have been recovered from Dellen Millard’s hangar, Hamilton police have confirmed.
One of the vehicles recovered at the Waterloo airport hangar earlier this month is a $35,000 Harley-Davidson belonging to Marty MacDougall. The Toronto resident said he advertised his motorcycle on Kijiji last fall before pulling his ad from the site.
Hamilton police wouldn’t get into details of the number and nature of the vehicles. They are still trying to find their owners, but said there are fewer than 10.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/30/tim_bosma_murder_case_stolen_vehicles_recovered_from_dellen_millards_hangar_police_say.html

That article seems to imply that there were more stolen vehicles beyond the bike and the trailer (whose owner was found).

When LE rather cagily kept describing the number of stolen vehicles as 1-10, it really made me feel they had only found the bike and trailer.

MOO

People also like to spew their venom when they are anonymous and outraged. We have seen on Facebook comments on other people's photos that people will harass those even peripherally connected to this case with hateful and vile expressions of their frustration and anger. We even see people venting here, so I can imagine the barrage of hate mail SS received after the MSM reported on the sales.

People also like to spew their venom when they are anonymous and outraged. We have seen on Facebook comments on other people's photos that people will harass those even peripherally connected to this case with hateful and vile expressions of their frustration and anger. We even see people venting here, so I can imagine the barrage of hate mail SS received after the MSM reported on the sales.

The phone number posted was a Brantford number...so you're not even getting Millardair when you call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member