Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hangar would be an asset of Millardair (the incorporated company) not DM personally therefore cannot be signed over by DM alone.

Making mother power of attorney makes total sense. For all we know she may have said "I will do this, but you are doing this" and had him sign properties over to her in trust. She may be ensuring there are no property dumps too.

I was trying to come up with why those specific properties were chosen but can make them stick. For example - if they were the ones co-owned by DM and WM, but the new condo doesn't fit. Or if they were the properties passed down by CM to DM and WM, but neither condo fits. There's still about 2 million dollars in property in his name (Riverside property is appox $1.1 million and the farm $850,000+). Part of me wonders if those specific properties are where crimes were mostly committed but that is completely unsubstantiated.

I will say, just because the property transfers seem odd, does not make them illegal. I'm sure they are being or will be gone over with a fine tooth comb.

<snip>

I was trying to come up with why those specific properties were chosen but can make them stick. For example - if they were the ones co-owned by DM and WM, but the new condo doesn't fit. Or if they were the properties passed down by CM to DM and WM, but neither condo fits. There's still about 2 million dollars in property in his name (Riverside property is appox $1.1 million and the farm $850,000+). Part of me wonders if those specific properties are where crimes were mostly committed but that is completely unsubstantiated.

<snip>

I think it's possible the Riverside property and the farm may have had mortgages on them (just because he paid cash for the farm doesn't mean he didn't subsequently take out a mortgage which would give him cash to buy other properties like the Distillery condo).

Both of these properties were income generating (I believe it was confirmed in MSM that, at least in the past, DM rented out part of his land to a farmer). With income properties, you get to claim the interest paid on your tax return.

This would explain why he didn't transfer them to his mother... he wouldn't be able to without first paying off all the mortgages/liens in full.

I actually don't find it the least bit odd that he would transfer properties to his mother, especially if those properties are owned free and clear. IMO, DM's lawyer has probably indicated to him that he's likely going to remain in prison until the trial and he'd be wise to protect those assets immediately. He'll likely file bankruptcy once the costs of his legal representation have eaten up all of his personal assets, and there's a time frame leading up to declaration of bankruptcy in which one would be penalized for selling or gifting assets away.

What I DO find rather telling, however, is that he did NOT transfer title on the farm. If, indeed, that property was purchased outright in 2011, and no mortgage was subsequently taken out against it, why on earth would he not protect that $800,000 + asset? The other transfers were made ON May 17, which is the same day that LE began their investigation on the farm. It would make perfect sense, of course, if the other transfers were made after that time, but if they were initiated prior to LE presence at that location, it appears foreboding to me. I hope LE has thoroughly investigated the Riverside property too. All MOO.

Great point.

I would bet he didn't transfer title of the farm to his Mother, because he knew what was at that farm, and did not want his Mother's name tied to it.

Can you transfer title on a property that was subject to legal investigation and search warrants???
Is there a time frame one would have to wait?

Can you transfer title on a property that was subject to legal investigation and search warrants???
Is there a time frame one would have to wait?

You can not sell a property that is evidence in a court proceeding. As if is assumed evidence until released by the court.

You can not sell a property that is evidence in a court proceeding. As if is assumed evidence until released by the court.
Well then that would be why the farm wasn't transferred to Mommy

I don't think he can transfer the farm if he could, because it is a crime scene. Was his father's home transferred too?

He would be able to transfer a property and if his mother was POA then that would indicate that SHE transferred it imo.

The only way that the court could intervene is by way of an order...is there one? That can be found at the courthouse as the document would be public.

He would be able to transfer a property and if his mother was POA then that would indicate that SHE transferred it imo.

The only way that the court could intervene is by way of an order...is there one? That can be found at the courthouse as the document would be public.

I wondered about that. If he had already given her POA the week before, it would seem very possible that she was the one that transferred them.

I still have to wonder where his mother is hiding out? Would she have to be present during all this signing over? I would think so, as they would need her signature? So if he signed over POA to her on the day he was arrested, it was after he was arrested they found the trailer with the truck at her home right? Wonder where she was staying during all this to not know the trailer was at her house?

In no way am I implying she was involved. That is not my point here. I know she isnt'.

I still have to wonder where his mother is hiding out? Would she have to be present during all this signing over? I would think so, as they would need her signature? So if he signed over POA to her on the day he was arrested, it was after he was arrested they found the trailer with the truck at her home right? Wonder where she was staying during all this to not know the trailer was at her house?

In no way am I implying she was involved. That is not my point here. I know she isnt'.

She most likely went to her lawyer's office or he came to her to get things signed up.
I was thinking about her and the trailer, that it must have been Dellen who dropped the trailer off at her house. I can't imagine some stranger driving the trailer to her place, back up, parking it into her driveway!! What would they do if MB came out? So, it must have been her son, DM. He would have felt it was a safe place to store the trailer. More evidence against DM and what a jerk of a son, injecting his mom into this whole situation! Heart goes out to MB too.

Very true. I'm just unsure whether the farm actually was considered a crime scene at the time of transfer... LE made their first appearance at the farm on the same date as the other transfers took place. Of course, we're unaware of the exact time the documents were initiated. In any event, if DM is found guilty, all of the transfers will likely be deemed illegal in some capacity, given the circumstances. This may not have been considered by DM or MB at the time, however. MOO

Very true. I'm just unsure whether the farm actually was considered a crime scene at the time of transfer... LE made their first appearance at the farm on the same date as the other transfers took place. Of course, we're unaware of the exact time the documents were initiated. In any event, all of the transfers will likely be deemed illegal in some capacity, given the circumstances. This may not have been considered by DM or MB at the time, however. MOO

I'm not sure what other transfers you are referring to, but the farm would have been a crime scene when the properties were transferred to MB. The Power of Attorney was signed the day after his arrest, May 11th, the same day that the truck was found. TB's body was found on May13th and the properties weren't transferred unti May 17th. So the POA was before it was a crime scene and the transfers were after.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/695242/dellen-millard-land-deals-beyond-smelly-experts-say/

I'm not sure what other transfers you are referring to, but the farm would have been a crime scene when the properties were transferred to MB. The Power of Attorney was signed the day after his arrest, May 11th, the same day that the truck was found. TB's body was found on May13th and the properties weren't transferred unti May 17th. So the POA was before it was a crime scene and the transfers were after.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/695242/dellen-millard-land-deals-beyond-smelly-experts-say/

Thanks, Alethea! I don't know why I had the wrong dates stuck in my mind! Jeez, for someone so concentrated on "facts only", I really screwed that one up! Sorry for the confusion!!

Conveyancing and the like can be done by Fax these days and electronic filing. I do not think she would need to be there. Just have the paperwork at hand for faxing also.

Conveyancing and the like can be done by Fax these days and electronic filing. I do not think she would need to be there. Just have the paperwork at hand for faxing also.

I don't believe a signature is required by the mother, I believe the only signature required by law is the signature of the person granting the power of attorney and the lawyer as a witness. JMO

Why not?
The property owner of record has been established and any evidence would be removed and cataloged.

A search warrant isn't dependent on the owner, the search document may spell out the owner however it is referenced as an address and a geographical location and the specific measurement that is to be searched, much like a land survey map.

It can be seized in the US and there are no property rights in Canada but I bet there still has to be some fashion of due process to do so. I know of no due process to prevent sale or to seize.

I bought and sold several homes and property in both the US and Canada in all possible combinations concerning my location vs the country and property location by Fax only.

I don't believe a signature is required by the mother, I believe the only signature required by law is the signature of the person granting the power of attorney and the lawyer as a witness. JMO

If someone has POA it is THEIR signature that is required. They now have the right to sign on behalf of the one who has previously granted them that right.

If some has POA it is THEIR signature that is required. They now have the right to sign on behalf of the one who has previously granted them that right.

A power of attorney does not have to be signed by the attorney. However, if the attorney is to have access to a bank account, the bank will need the attorney&#146;s signature for its file.

Attorney being MB donor being DM

A power of attorney does not have to be signed by the attorney. However, if the attorney is to have access to a bank account, the bank will need the attorney’s signature for its file.

Attorney being MB donor being DM

I didnt say that a POA had to be signed by the POA. I said that as MB was POA it would be HER signature that would be needed to sign the documents to transfer property etc. DM has now passed his right to sign over to his mother until such time as he revokes POA>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal