Mini Research Project-Women Meeting Men Through the Internet

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I pray so too. Judicial system is based on Islamic law.

She really needs to know what she is in for. Morocco is a beautiful, exotic and fascinating country. If she is in for an adventure, she should go by herself for two weeks. And have this possible future husband show her everything...not just woo her. She neeeds to do some serious homework. It is a life changing experievce. English is spoken, but mostly arabic and french.

No love for westerners, esp Americans. She should read and study Islam culture and religion. Since she is on computer, she needs to be very aware of the country--poverty, lack of education, work status, etc.

Kelly said:
They say "love is blind" and she will probably not buy into any number of horror stories presented. We can only try.

I will most likely just send the mom this link and let her read it and the links presented.

I forgot until last night, that one of our cases involved a meeting via the Internet. The man rammed a gag down her throat and then wrapped her head in duct tape so she suffocated. Her body was placed in a large tool box and thrown in the river. They said that her death was prolonged and horrible.

I am talking about Lori Leonard. May she rest in peace.

http://www.tunedinweb.com/lorileonard/index.shtml
Oh Kelly---What a tragedy. And that was right there in NY. That poem is so beautiful. RIP Lori

Hi Kelly my heart and prayers continue to go out to you and your family . There was a huge case but I can't recall his name this happend in MO. I'm pretty sure and other members might remember his name I know there is many news articals on him because it was a big case. The guy was married and he would talk woman into coming and visiting him and I know one of the women was from Indiana he murdered her and buried her way out on his property if anyone can remember his name I know there are many news and trial articals on this guy.

petra said:
I have kept this short..not to give too much info here. But major international issues involved here. Most end in heart breaking stories. You know of my background and work with agencies such as REDD BARN- save the children over here.

Please have her pm me for more info. This woman should NOT go there by herself or with child. Suggestion of him coming to US much better. But still many big red flags.

The mom is very grateful to everyone for this information. She has read it all over and printed it out, although it does not sound as if it phased the daughter yet, she will still keep working on her and will also call CPS.

She is not a registered user, and I suspect has no experience in Internet forums. She really wants to talk to you, Petra, about your knowledge of this. She would like to email you if you are comfortable with that. I told her that will be up to you. Email me and let me know.

Kelly

This is kinda off topic but I met my fiancee through the internet. I think the mistake these people make is trusting the person too fast. I waited a long, long, long time until I went to his house, and I met all of his friends and did stuff with him in public. He probably thought I was a nutjob but I wanted to be safe.

To be frank, I don’t think it’s worth our time to attempt to inform this person about the potential risk involved in this situation, as it does not appear as though she is making a logical decision for herself and her child. I suspect that we could flood her with scary stories, and she would still refuse to comprehend the potential risks.

I suggest that you learn what her reasoning is for considering this option. Is she looking to leave her responsibilities in the US, or is she looking forward to a “new” life in a foreign country? Is she thinking marriage will provide some type of stability? Is she motivated by financial matters? How will she benefit? If you can learn what the appeal is for her, you may have an chance to negotiate a different outcome.

Personally, I don’t recommend getting social services involved in this matter based on the information provided here. However, I might consider contacting the biological father if he has custodial rights.

Kelly, I just can't believe how naive so many people are, it's just mind boggling.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/009338.php

The phenomenon of sham marriages by jihadists, and real marriages accomplished by seductions of unwitting non-Muslim Western women, has been insufficiently investigated, although

=======>>>> horror stories abound.

From the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, with thanks to Jeffrey Imm:

A Minneapolis man accused of lying to authorities in a terrorism investigation is facing three new charges that he paid a U.S. citizen to marry him, then used a green card from that fraudulent marriage to try to get jobs in the Twin Cities area.

Mohamad Kamal Elzahabi was indicted on charges of possessing fraudulent immigration documents, according to papers scanned into the computer system Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis.

The new indictment comes on top of charges in June 2004 that Elzahabi, then 41, lied to federal agents about sending walkie-talkies to Pakistan and helping to get a Massachusetts driver's license for a man later convicted of plotting to bomb American and Israeli tourists in Jordan.

Elzahabi allegedly told FBI agents that he taught sniping in Afghanistan and associated with Al-Qaida leaders....
Elzahabi, a Lebanese national, allegedly told authorities he entered the United States in the 1980s and paid a Houston woman to marry him, then divorced her after getting his green card.

Posted by Robert [Spencer] at December 8, 2005 08:51 AM |

I hope the daughter comes to her senses! There are many scary stories out there, I can't remember the woman's name but it happened this past winter, I believe she was from Oregon and she met a man from another state, possibly Wy or Montana? Anyway she thought she'd met the man of her dreams on a on-line dating service, he came to meet her, she even introduced him to her ex-husband. She ended up quitting her job of over 20 some years and cashed in her 401k and went up to be with him with the intention of coming back to finish taking care of everything with her house etc and then they were getting married. She never came back home and her family and friends never heard from her again. When he was contacted his story was that he'd dropped her off at the airport, when it was checked it showed she never had a ticket. I have no doubt her body ended up buried somewhere in the wilderness and all of her money was pocketed. I hope for her family that she will be found and identified one day and that she didn't suffer for a long time. There are so many lonely and vulnerable people out there and often smooth talking charmers can fool sophisticated people even.
I hope this grandmother does everything in her power to stop that little girl from going over there!!!

I have met my fiance on-line, we have met in person now 4 different times, the last time was for 3 weeks. I have met most of his friends and family now and in July we're both flying up so he can meet my family. It has been over a year since we've met and both of our families had some suspicion at first which is very underdstandable!! There is a reason we are going slow, I want both of us to be sure we're not rushing into something.
The internet has changed the way people can meet, but just like in any other way, you Have to go slow and use good judgement!
It's possible you can meet someone in church and they can become a nightmare, the same can be true of the internet, you have to be careful of anybody you meet and if you have a young child you better take even more precautions!

Old Broad.

Kelly said:
Great points, Petra. I was wondering the same thing about male dominance and citizenship. I pray this girl comes to her senses.
And I hate to say it, but sex slaves has been highlighted in the news alot.... With such domination that could exist who's to say her child won't be ripped from her arms and her forced to do things against her will..........

altruist1000 said:
Hope this link still works. It didn't happen from the internet but it did happen from desperation of a sweet innocent young woman who fell prey to a predator. It was a plan & she turned out to be the victim. Just horrible. I wish you luck in attempting to shake some common sense into your daughter.

I have seen some talk shows about these types as well, they ruin women financially & emotionally, pedaphiles seek out women with young children.

Http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/issues/1994-12-08/news/feature.html
WHEN UNDERWRITERS BECOME UNDERTAKERS DESPITE GLARING WARNING SIGNS, THE INSURERS APPROVED THE HEFTY LIFE-INSURANCE POLICY-- AND GAVE TWO CON MEN A REASON TO KILL BY PAUL RUBIN

Cindy met 25-year-old German immigrant Michael Apelt at Bobby McGee's restaurant in Mesa. On October 28, 1988, she eloped to Las Vegas with the lanky, blond stranger. She had known him for three weeks.
Ten days later, Cindy and her new husband walked into a Phoenix insurance agency.

More at link above.

On December 22, 1988, Ramsey hand-delivered the $100,000 Surety policy to the Apelts in Mesa. He also told them the larger Banner policy was a go, and he took a check from Cindy for the first month's premium.
Early the next evening, Michael and Cindy Apelt drove to a remote site east of Apache Junction. Michael's brother, Rudi, and Michael's ex-lover, a German woman named Anke Dorn, trailed in another car.
Cindy died there, at the foot of the Superstition Mountains, her lifeblood seeping into the desert after a stabbing that left her almost decapitated.
She had been married seven weeks.

The above sadly is a true story.
Have we "met"? That story is about my sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478
Back