PA Missing 13-year old girl found in adult jail after lying about her name and age - September 4, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

ALIQUIPPA, Pa. -- A 13-year-old Pittsburgh-area girl who was reported missing early last month spent time with adult inmates at a Pennsylvania jail after she lied to authorities about her age and identity following a shoplifting arrest, a prosecutor said.

I know a person who spent 6 months in a jail as a minor doing the same stupid game I guess. They must have been feeding her better than they did the rest of the population .

She'd been in prison for 2 weeks before anyone learned she was actually 13. Would she really not tell anyone? I don't want to speculate too much, but I find it worrying that she'd rather keep up the act and stay in adult prison than reveal she was 13 and get dealt with in juvenile court/released to her parents.

Interesting that there seems to be more empathy for the 14 year old school shooter than this 13 year old who wound up in adult prison for shoplifting...
I kinda understand . The 13 year old is alive and will probably be alright in the long run. The 14 year old has a long sad life ahead of him and his value of what kinda life he will have is very ugly, sad and long. I hate his actions definitely but I still morn his lose of life as well. He did it to himself yeah..but his immaturity shields him from understanding what he has truly done. IMO..

Interesting that there seems to be more empathy for the 14 year old school shooter than this 13 year old who wound up in adult prison for shoplifting...
I feel for her - she'd rather lie about her age and then lie to claim she's homeless rather than go back home. Clearly she needs some help in figuring out the safest next steps. Her crime was not violent and I can only hope that the situation improves so she can finish growing up and lead a productive life. jmo

I feel for her - she'd rather lie about her age and then lie to claim she's homeless rather than go back home. Clearly she needs some help in figuring out the safest next steps. Her crime was not violent and I can only hope that the situation improves so she can finish growing up and lead a productive life. jmo
Thanks for pointing that out.
It's easy from an adult perspective to be stuck in my head thinking negative things about the girl rather than trying to feel into why a 13yo might do something like that.

I kinda understand . The 13 year old is alive and will probably be alright in the long run. The 14 year old has a long sad life ahead of him and his value of what kinda life he will have is very ugly, sad and long. I hate his actions definitely but I still morn his lose of life as well. He did it to himself yeah..but his immaturity shields him from understanding what he has truly done. IMO..
He killed four people, injured nine, and traumatized hundreds. He deserves a "long, sad life," and his victims should be mourned, not him. IMO.
Also, he was too immature to fully realize what he did, but this (younger) girl was mature enough? The reason she'll "be alright in the long run" (ie. not face serious criminal charges) is because she SHOPLIFTED, she didn't commit mass murder.

but this (younger) girl was mature enough? The reason she'll "be alright in the long run" (ie. not face serious criminal charges) is because she SHOPLIFTED, she didn't commit mass murder.
RSBMFF
BBM
We don't actually even know that she will be alright in the long run because there are different forms of not alright other than facing serious criminal charges. We don't know what was going on in her home life to make her prefer adult prison. MOO

RSBMFF
BBM
We don't actually even know that she will be alright in the long run because there are different forms of not alright other than facing serious criminal charges. We don't know what was going on in her home life to make her prefer adult prison. MOO
I can't help but think of one of the participants in the documentary series The Program. When he was a ringleader in a riot at the Academy at Ivy Ridge, he was sent to juvie. He loved it there. It was like a holiday after what he'd been through.

So many kids go through hell every day. And when a child chooses jail over whatever they had before, it's because there's a very good reason.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back