Missing 16yo ian hollis australia minto 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

siblingminds

Reaction score
This case is bothing me. He was just 16. If I had to speculate I'd say he was in a "secret" relationship with karlene shaw (who denies any involvement as far as a relationship extends) but ians mother confirmed she over heard ian on the phone with karlene giving him an ultimatum "it's him or me". Karlene was in a defacto relationship with the father of one of her children.

Two weeks before ian disappeared he was bashed and robbed at a toilet block, karlene was present. Ian became so paranoid for his safety after this encounter he moved in with his aunt in another area.

Did karlenes partner find out about the relationship?
Was this bashing and robbery a warning? Stay away from karlene or else?

Did ian confront karlenes partner that day at her house and things go wrong?

The last known person to see ian was karlene who said ian rocked up at her house, an argument took place and then ian left in a brown car with the town "dags". This has never been confirmed.

Could karlenes defacto partner be involved? I dont believe he has ever made a statement in fact an investigation wasnt done for 16 years.

A coronial inquest was done in 2010 resulting in the coroner finding that Ian died on or about the day he went missing but there was an open finding into how or why.

According to karlene. Ian only visited her home to "play with her kids".
Shaw said that Ian never met her live in, defacto partner.
My question is why? If it was a platonic relationship why was Ian only around when her partner was not?

Did shaw infact tell the truth that Ian left in a brown car with the town dags.
Perhaps the bashing and robbery was a warning 'stay away from her or else'.
The robbery however may not be connected to his disappearance and be completely coincidental to have happened so close to his disappearance.

It is suggested that Ian was connected to drugs somehow and that he hung out with an older man 30s to 40s (I'm unsure of the area at this point) that owned a light plane.
Could the bashing be connected to a somewhat risky lifestyle? was Ian in trouble and met his demise after leaving karlenes.
No one knows what path Ian took next if karlene is telling the truth About ian leaving when and how he did.

If it's the truth why did karlene lie about the relationship? Is it because she is somehow involved or could it be that she innocently just didn't want her partner to know that she was cheating?

Last edited:
Upon further investigation it would seem as though the bashing is not related to karlene and her partner.
Ian was with karlene when he was bashed and robbed. Karlene retreated to the nearest hair salon to call the police. I highly doubt she would have ran away and called the police if it was her boyfriend bashing Ian. I don't feel as though she would be scared enough to run.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back