Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's only traveling at night and laying low during the day. That might explain the lack of any update today.

Another newer article:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/877533.html

....snip....
Wanda Alander, who lives next door to the Laureans, said Christine Laurean was brought to the house with officers about 1 p.m., went inside and left shortly.
“When I saw her in the police car, she kept her face down,” Alander said in an interview at the Onslow Sheriffs department. Richard Alander, Wanda’s husband, said the couple discussed additional recollections about the Laureans with investigators on Sunday. Alander and her husband, Richard, said earlier this week that Cesar Laurean had borrowed a shovel two or three weeks ago. They said Laurean used to tie his small poodle like dog to a tree in the backyard but had started tying the dog to a stake in the front yard. The tree in back was near a burn pit where authorities Saturday removed human remains they said they believed were those of Lauterbach and her unborn child.

...snip

more at article

The Sheriff and other LE said it was a CONFIRMED sighting which would mean it was him. He also said the people were passengers on the bus with him for a period of time.

Thank you SeriouslySearching!!! It was CONFIRMED, so that means they are taking it seriously.

IndyGal, you made me laugh! I hope all is well with you. I know this is tough on you. I hugged my six-month-old granddaughter a little tighter today. You take care of the "bean" ok? (((Hugs)))

putting one antler in slowly.........

I did an Intelius search on Cesar with all variations, I was amazed that most of the hits lived in CA. Not one came up with Mexico. It could be that Intelius does not include Mexico, but found that interesting.

Not sure what to say other than my opinions. I most certainly believe that Christine knows more than we do and the LE also have that information. Whether she was possibly a participant or what, guess we will just have to wait and find out.

It's been almost close to 24 hours since the last confirmed sighting of Cesar. He is either very crafty with friends helping out or the LE are behind the eight ball.

Now I'll pull my antler back out and go back to reading.

Another newer article:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/877533.html

....snip....
Wanda Alander, who lives next door to the Laureans, said Christine Laurean was brought to the house with officers about 1 p.m., went inside and left shortly.
“When I saw her in the police car, she kept her face down,” Alander said in an interview at the Onslow Sheriffs department. Richard Alander, Wanda’s husband, said the couple discussed additional recollections about the Laureans with investigators on Sunday. Alander and her husband, Richard, said earlier this week that Cesar Laurean had borrowed a shovel two or three weeks ago. They said Laurean used to tie his small poodle like dog to a tree in the backyard but had started tying the dog to a stake in the front yard. The tree in back was near a burn pit where authorities Saturday removed human remains they said they believed were those of Lauterbach and her unborn child

Hmmm :waitasec: but she didn't know anything was amiss? How many things have to be out of the ordinary before you get it, that's something just isn't right? :confused:

I haven't heard of anyone else coming forward to say they helped him without knowing the circumstances and it looks like they would speak up in case someone saw them pick him up...doesn't it?
And get charged as an accessory?? I don't think so. And his family isn't likely to rat him out are they? If he got a family member or friend of the family to drive to Shreveport from Mexico to pick him up they aren't likely to tell of their involvement until they are forced to. The family being from Mexico changes a LOT in this case and adds many variables that cannot be predicted.

There are so many things that he COULD have done from Shreveport - if he was really there. And the "hours behind him" sounds a bit vague to ME. Like maybe he has made it into Mexico and they know it - and now must get cooperation from Mexico to locate him exactly.

This is not totally stupid and has an "out" that MOST U.S. citizens and service members do not have. IMO He's definitely headed for Mexico and if he had ANY help at all - he is already there. I hope not - but I fear "hours behind him" isn't nearly close enough to catch him before he disappears into Mexico.

My Opinion

Hmmm :waitasec: but she didn't know anything was amiss? How many things have to be out of the ordinary before you get it, that's something just isn't right? :confused:

You said what I was thinking!:confused:

Now why would they be bringing her back to the house today in a police car? To show her the blood stained ceiling and walls perhaps?!

I'm confused on this timeline that I have seen so far:

December 15th: Possible TOD for Maria

December 17th: Cesar borrows shovel from neighbor

After Christmas (25th): Neighbor sees burning in back year of Cesar's.

What happended between the 17th and after the 25th, for the burning. Does anyone realize, that he would need to dig up some dirt, for the burning to get DOWN to where Maria is at?? Sorry for being so graphic.

I could be way off the thinking process here. Have I missed something or am I just having an off day?

Also,

hugs to all adopted children and adoptive moms here!!!!!

Being an adoptee myself.

Now why would they be bringing her back to the house today in a police car? To show her the blood stained ceiling and walls perhaps?!
I'd like an answer to that too! She wouldn't have been staying there over the weekend since it was a crime scene, but why show up today in a police car? It also implied she left rather quickly afterward, but still in the police car? :confused:

Flowerchild I was talking about when he dropped off her car at the bus station after he drove it for a few days. I don't think his family was there to help unless it was his wife. If it had been one of his buddies from the base or another neighbor...it looks to me like they would be coming forward to let people know they were NOT involved in any way and simply gave him a ride back to his house or wherever.

I'm confused on this timeline that I have seen so far:

December 15th: Possible TOD for Maria

December 17th: Cesar borrows shovel from neighbor

After Christmas (25th): Neighbor sees burning in back year of Cesar's.

What happended between the 17th and after the 25th, for the burning. Does anyone realize, that he would need to dig up some dirt, for the burning to get DOWN to where Maria is at?? Sorry for being so graphic.

I could be way off the thinking process here. Have I missed something or am I just having an off day?
The burning was about 2 wks ago according to other reports so that would be in line with the "no-burn" being lifted on 1/2/08. What seems odd too is that he borrowed a shovel from his neighbor. Why not just go buy one? What did he do with the $400. he took from Maria's bank account? :mad:

Does anyone else find it odd that Christine took the note, that 's left her, directly to Sheriff Brown without contacting an atty or MP?

Wouldn't she want an atty with her when she was questioned?

I'd like an answer to that too! She wouldn't have been staying there over the weekend since it was a crime scene, but why show up today in a police car? It also implied she left rather quickly afterward, but still in the police car? :confused:

I think she is in custody. I think we will hear about her charges once he is captured.

Panthera, I want him captured too. I'd like to see him tortured too!!!

panthera:

When was the "no burning" in effect? I didnt' realize there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara