Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a poster on here yesterday, I don't have a link but it's probably on the last thread, who had a friend who actually thought she saw the IN is truck at the location where they found Maria's card. They reported the sighting to LE.

I'm thinking he's probably already managed to get to Mexico. I think the people were mistaken about the sighting in Louisiana. Too bad, it just played into his hand.

No one knows where his parents are now. They no longer live in Las Vegas. I wouldn't be surprised if they retired to Mexico, and that's where he's headed.

One way or another, he'll be caught. I know we all get impatient. Sometimes the wheels of justice move slowly. But that's 'surely but slowly.' He's wanted too bad. There's no hiding for long.

JMHO
fran

[/b]
This part is easy. All he had to tell Christina is someone on the base was going on leave and did not want to leave the car on the base.

On another thought. Many of you were so sure yesterday he left earlier then what was stated. And that he was in mexico.Which we found out was not correct.An I think if the LE thought Christina was involved in this she would be in custody already.

We still do not have any confirmation of WHEN CL left home - we have one neighbor saying his WIFE saw him at 6:30 AM with Christina. We have gotten no confirmation of that departure time or date from LE. There is a LOT of unconfirmed info floating around in this - sightings in Durham, sightings in Shreveport, and this ONE sighting at home on the 11th at 6:30 AM. Thus far LE has confirmed NOTHING - not a single sighting of or his truck ANYWHERE after left work on Wednesday.

Once Christina is arrested or named a suspect, she will lawyer up and shut up. This way she is under their thumb but free to talk and incriminate herself or CL. Plus they may be hoping CL will contact her (or her him) if he thinks she is NOT a suspect.

She isn't going anywhere and there isn't much she can do except dig a deeper hole for herself and . No reason to officially arrest her or make her a suspect ...YET. If she was involved she will be facing justice soon enough. Sheriff Brown has no intention of letting himself be misdirected in this investigation by Christina - he's using HER, not the other way-round.

And I am sure Christina THINKS she is in the clear - and she is...for today anyway.

My Opinion

Maybe it was 6:30pm the night before? That would make sense if he worked a night shift. But we all now know he never showed up for that night shift. I think JJ found that info. He could have split at 6:30 PM and that would give him a 13 hour lead on LE.

i'm trying to catch up, so this may have been posted already....

it had to be 6:30 am because the guy said the wife would always wake up their daughter for school, after she walked the dogs....it was am, not pm..

Cesar fled sometime betw 6:30 am & 8 am....

The ticket to Tx that was supposely purchased by Maria still has me wondering. Why would she want a ticket to Tx. She would not but
Laurean would. Where is the ticket. Did a female plan on using this ticket at some point. This part of the senario just leaves alot of questions. If Laurean
purchased the ticket why would he buy one for Tx knowing that they would be watching the border. Do you think maybe he went in the opposite direction. Maybe Canada.

First thought was canada for me.
He probably thought JMO, there wouldn't be a story and/or go by the wayside.
Everyone would believe she left on her own accord..

I'm going to say something that is probaby gonna make a few mad but here goes anyway... I think Maria went over his house willingly .
SNIP

That could very well be MGS.
I'm just trying to figure out why a rape victim would go to the rapist house. Know what I mean? If she went willingly it wasn't because they were dating...he raped her. :confused:

Lurker:

Thanks for the temp chart. If I am reading it correctly, the high that day was 55.4. Not that cold for gardening. Obviously, not too cold for Cesar to bury Maria and Gabriel. :(

Not defending anyone, but if I knew my daughter got raped, and the rape resulted in a pregnancy, I don't think I could so easily say, keep the baby. In my thought process, I would be thinking of what's best for my daughter, not the baby. I would also most likely have brought up the subject of adoption as an alternative to keeping the baby.
Also, Maria did not call her Mom, "adoptive mom", once you are adopted, those people then become your Mom and Dad for life. When talking to someone about the fact you are adopted, you would say, my mom and dad adopted me.

I keep seeing posters refer to Maria's mom as her adoptive mom. And I'm sure that can become quite confusing for other posters who are not up to speed. Look how long it took to determine there was no step-mom.

Look how long it took before maria was reported missing? Due at almost anytime? Knowing the assaults, knowing her having to leave her home base and move in with another fellow marine in order to feel safe. knowing she was punched in the freakin face. knowin her car was keyed. knowing she was being forced into total submission to drop the charges. knowing she was due to be called as a witness in another incident. knowing she worked with her assailant? knowing nothing was being done to protect this marine?

[/b]
This part is easy. All he had to tell Christina is someone on the base was going on leave and did not want to leave the car on the base.

On another thought. Many of you were so sure yesterday he left earlier then what was stated. And that he was in mexico.Which we found out was not correct.An I think if the LE thought Christina was involved in this she would be in custody already.

I haven't checked for updates in the past hour. But no one knows if he is in mexico or not. LE would not bring Christina into custody yet, or she would lawyer up and quit talking.

I haven't checked for updates in the past hour. But no one knows if he is in mexico or not. LE would not bring Christina into custody yet, or she would lawyer up and quit talking.

Think it's going to be a while till they catch up with him..

This is sooooooooo stinking obvious they planned this escape and get away. He's bunkered in people. He ain't on the move.

fran:

it was ipswitch who posted about her friend:

here it is:

I'm going to restate about my friend seeing the truck. She said she saw it early Saturday morning (around 7:30 am--she was on her way to work) at the intersection of Durham Freeway and Chapel Hill St. She noticed the Lejeune Decal & NC tags, and said it looked like a white/hispanic male, with a "marine haircut" was driving it It was a 4 door black dodge pickup. I completely trust this friend to be telling the truth to what she saw. (Yes, I know that just cause it looked like him doesn't mean it was him, but the police took down every detail she said.)
Again, this is less than 3 blocks from the Durham Police HQ. Its also just two blocks away from where the ATM card was found (http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01...c-bus-station/)

How convenient! I thought the DA had said the wife was cooperating, and that she had no involvement in the murder, on Nancy Grace last night.:confused:

Maybe they are trying to give the wife the sense that they think she had no involvement right now because their main focus is on and they know at some point she might receive communication from him and want her to still be cooperative. If she feels she is a suspect, she might not be as forthcoming with information. I just get a feeling because everytime they are asked about the wife, they say pratically the same thing which is not much, a "cooperating witness".

[/b]

With all due respect, JDB, any woman whose husband may have had or is accused of having sex with another woman knows exactly what the "other woman" drives, where she likes to have lunch, who she hangs out with and how she dresses. Christina probably checks Cesar's cell phone for Maria's number, and follows Cesar now and then when he leaves the house. She has probably followed Maria's car before and maybe even keyed it.

Cesar was accused of rape, but he most likely either told his wife that Maria came on to him and was angry because he said "NO" or he was drunk and Maria took advantage of him. You know he didn't say "yeah, I raped her, so what?"

Can I hear from other female posters on this subject?

If it was your husband and you were too naive to see that he was a no-good-rapist-murderer-cowardly-punk, would you know what your "competiton's" car looked like?

Susan

[/b]

The only problem I see with this is this car was the car of the girl that worked with her husband, was on the same base they were based at, accused her husband of rape and had three restraining orders out against her husband. There is a pretty good chance Christina was pointed out Marias car or knew what Maria's car looked like even if for the sole purpose of avoiding her or making sure she wasn't some crazy loon stalking her husband.

I'm going to say something that is probaby gonna make a few mad but here goes anyway... I think Maria went over his house willingly and I think she went because asked her to come over..I think he lured her over there under the false assumption that he wanted to be a part of his baby's life & maybe even a part of hers.

i think you could very well be right, sadie..

We still do not have any confirmation of WHEN CL left home - we have one neighbor saying his WIFE saw him at 6:30 AM with Christina. We have gotten no confirmation of that departure time or date from LE. There is a LOT of unconfirmed info floating around in this - sightings in Durham, sightings in Shreveport, and this ONE sighting at home on the 11th at 6:30 AM. Thus far LE has confirmed NOTHING - not a single sighting of or his truck ANYWHERE after left work on Wednesday.

My Opinion

SO the neighbor saying they saw him at 6:30 Am on the 11th is not good enough for you? They are the same neighbors who said they saw paint cans and that Christina help paint the house. But everyone belives this part.

With all due respect, JDB, any woman whose husband may have had or is accused of having sex with another woman knows exactly what the "other woman" drives, where she likes to have lunch, who she hangs out with and how she dresses. Christina probably checks Cesar's cell phone for Maria's number, and follows Cesar now and then when he leaves the house. She has probably followed Maria's car before and maybe even keyed it.

Cesar was accused of rape, but he most likely either told his wife that Maria came on to him and was angry because he said "NO" or he was drunk and Maria took advantage of him. You know he didn't say "yeah, I raped her, so what?"

If it was your husband and you were too naive to see that he was a no-good-rapist-murderer-cowardly-punk, would you know what your "competiton's" car looked like?

Susan

I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she didn't want to give her baby up for adoption but maybe she went over to his house to confront him about what he was planning to do for her, maybe help her pay for an apartment (pure speculation in my part) It's possible that reality was setting in as she was getting so close to having her baby. I mean, she had no place of her own to even live, did she? (since she was being helped out by somebody she didn't even know that well, who was letting her stay with him during the last months of her pregnancy). Where was she going to live...sounds like she didn't even have any furniture or anything much of her own. Maybe she was counting on her mother helping her out and after the argument it was obvious she wasn't wanting to . but her mother knew she would ultimately need to help her raise the child (hence the adoption option came up). It's almost impossible to do on one's own...this girl needed help in a big way. I can only imagine panic that was setting in. That's a very scary emotional place to be. What are the military policies about single mothers. Do they provide day care for infants?

Maybe they are trying to give the wife the sense that they think she had no involvement right now because their main focus is on COP and they know at some point she might receive communication from him and want her to still be cooperative. If she feels she is a suspect, she might not be as forthcoming with information. I just get a feeling because everytime they are asked about the wife, they say pratically the same thing which is not much, a "cooperating witness".

You are correct. It's standard procedure for LE. How many times have we seen that? Then lo and behold charges are filed.

Susan

My bf ex was a serial-adulterer. It was our main activity for two full years to know each and every little detail. Oh the stories I could tell ... we even got pictures are recordings ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01