Missing cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC somone here posted that their phone was stolen and the company traced it to a particular house and they knocked on the door and did get their phone back. I think it was here somewhere :waitasec: Maybe the person who posted will confirm???
I remember that...the phone belonged to the poster's son/daughter, I believe, and was taken by a peer of theirs.

IMO the cell phone thing is simple.

Whoever it was that called MW knew her and called her specifically. A random person butt-dialing another random person is not impossible but very improbable.

To me MW seems to be deflecting; she says she doesn't know DB or JI. She's "been through the neighborhood" kinda vague - she isn't even stating specifically if she answered the phone or if it was someone else or a voice mail. That's all deflecting and it is suspicious and leads me to believe she does have a connection to one of the parents or the abductor if that's what you believe. Point is; she holds significance as a "player" in this case.

Plus if MW got butt dialed, she could have said so because she would have noticed IMO. You hear background noises etc. It's random and harmless. Why not say that. It would rule out a connection and leaves LE to focus on pings and possible locations to build a timeline etc. and doesn't have them question you 4 times.

All my opinion :twocents:

do you have a link that states the lent phone is not supposed to have the ability for an outgoing call?

i have not read an article or seen a video that states the phone lent to the parents did not have the ability to be used.

JI stated in the People article that he couldn't call home because none of the phones were working/out of service. In the article, it does not specify the borrowed phone. If he couldn't call home to let DB know that he was working until 3am, then they must have thought the other phone was not working?

I haven't read anything stated from the parents to make me think the borrowed phone was connected. I could be completely wrong though and I'm not digging through 3 weeks of links to check it out. :crazy: :innocent:

Just wanted to post this picture here for the phone experts. Momtective mentioned quite a while ago that you can see DB in the reflection of the glass taking this picture. The phone she is using to do this is a smart phone, either an Iphone or an Android? I also believe it was posted that her phone wasn't "broken" but that she was having speaker and/or microphone issues? I read that here somewhere. So the phone could likely make calls, but you either couldn't hear or couldn't be heard on the other end?

25s4xzp.jpg

MOO

JI stated in the People article that he couldn't call home because none of the phones were working/out of service. In the article, it does not specify the borrowed phone. If he couldn't call home to let DB know that he was working until 3am, then they must have thought the other phone was not working?

I haven't read anything stated from the parents to make me think the borrowed phone was connected. I could be completely wrong though and I'm not digging through 3 weeks of links to check it out. :crazy: :innocent:
Not knowing what type(s) of cell phones were involved, my only guess would be that the SIM card had been removed from the phone and DB was supposed to insert one of theirs.

MOO

Just wanted to post this picture here for the phone experts. Momtective mentioned quite a while ago that you can see DB in the reflection of the glass taking this picture. The phone she is using to do this is a smart phone, either an Iphone or an Android? I also believe it was posted that her phone wasn't "broken" but that she was having speaker and/or microphone issues? I read that here somewhere. So the phone could likely make calls, but you either couldn't hear or couldn't be heard on the other end?

25s4xzp.jpg

MOO

It's not about phone being physically broken. Supposedly phone bills were not paid, so the phones were on restrictive service.

It's not about phone being physically broken. Supposedly phone bills were not paid, so the phones were on restrictive service.

DB is claiming that her phone was physically broken. Do we know for sure that she and JI were on the same plan and that both were restricted?

Just wanted to post this picture here for the phone experts. Momtective mentioned quite a while ago that you can see DB in the reflection of the glass taking this picture. The phone she is using to do this is a smart phone, either an Iphone or an Android?

To me, that seems too large to be a phone, particularly since it seems to be held with two hands. Also the "light bar" on top is odd -- I've never seen a flash like that, but it doesn't seem like a reflection, either.

DB borrowed the 1 phone though because hers was "broken." So, DB's phone was restricted and broken. That pic could've been taken with the borrowed phone though for all we know. We don't know, definitively, if the borrowed phone was connected or not, right?
DB: broken and restricted
JI: restricted
borrowed: ??? I believe it supposedly was not connected but not sure.

To me, that seems too large to be a phone, particularly since it seems to be held with two hands. Also the "light bar" on top is odd -- I've never seen a flash like that, but it doesn't seem like a reflection, either.

We discussed it while back but couldn't figure out what it was. Looks to be the size of GPS devices but those don't take photos.

Not knowing what type(s) of cell phones were involved, my only guess would be that the SIM card had been removed from the phone and DB was supposed to insert one of theirs.

MOO
That wouldn't work if their service was cut-off.

Instead of butt dialing, I think the number was actually dialed (not a number previously on the pone) by whoever took the phone wanting to get ahold of whoever was in possession of MW's phone. We also don't know if this phone was only in her name, but not 'hers'. It could have just been on her plan.

Pings aren't so exact that they can pinpoint inside a house vs. down the street. Usually you hear there is at least a square mile space where the call could have been placed. So really, there's no way a ping could place the call inside the home, vs. down the street or even a mile away.

Just one instance:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...gs_to_zero_in_on_fugitive_in_amber_alert.html

At 10:37 a.m., Chehalis police faxed an initial request for an Amber Alert, then faxed a second one at 10:53 a.m.

At 11:25 a.m. an alert was issued, with broadcasts on radio and television stations and on media websites, blogs and highway reader boards.

At 1:55 p.m., Sprint agreed to turn over Reed's cell phone coordinates.

At 2:04 p.m., the first ping came in, placing Reed inside a Fred Meyer on Washington 410 in Bonney Lake.

Chehalis police alerted the Bonney Lake Police Department. Several pings later, police tracked Reed to the parking lot and then to Washington 410, ending with his arrest near the Fred Meyer.

I think the radius of the "ping" is dependent upon the number of cell towers that it pings off. The way location is established by triangulating between towers. If there aren't a lot of towers in the area or there are tall buildings, it makes it more difficult. Here's a pretty good link explanation of ping accuracy:
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...en-mother-to-continue-at-east-fork-state-park

A lot of smart phones that are black have silver all around the edges. That is not a light bar on top, it's the top edge. Smart phones do not flash in the condition that the picture was taken in. Hold an Iphone out in front of you in the mirror and see how big it looks compared to your head. It takes two hands for me to take a pic on my Iphone to keep it steady.

Blackberry's are usually bigger, especially older ones.

15f28a0.jpg

MOO

Who is MW?

MW is a pink haired young woman who was interviewed the other day - her "phone" alledgedly recevied a call the night Lisa went missing at approx. 2 - 2:30 AM.

MW says she doesn't know who answered her phone, what was said - voicemail or not - nothing.

LE has spoken with MW 4 times so far. The call (or voicemail) was supposedly 50 sec in length.

HTH (Hope that helps)

MW is a pink haired young woman who was interviewed the other day - her "phone" alledgedly recevied a call the night Lisa went missing at approx. 2 - 2:30 AM.

MW says she doesn't know who answered her phone, what was said - voicemail or not - nothing.

LE has spoken with MW 4 times so far. The call (or voicemail) was supposedly 50 sec in length.

HTH (Hope that helps)

This continues to be a point of confusion. She says the phone was answered, there isn't any indication it was a voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston