Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God for Michelle Preston!

When she found (Ella) the dog wandering around the parking lot of Kroger's grocery store she had compassion and sense to take Ella to a Vet who scanned for the owner.

Who would think to do that?

Without Michelle's intervention, LE probably would not have discovered key evidence in the dumpster.

She's a hero to me.

Thank you Michelle Preston! God Bless You!

:clap:

The article helps with a timeline just knowing he remained in that area for awhile. Chances are he let the dog go at 2:30 or so and then went to dispose of her body. The dog could have been an obstacle for him if she remained while he was undertaking that task. He returned to the area to dispose of clothes and ID so I would be looking really hard in Forsyth County. He may have taken her to Lake Lanier or any wooded area around there. He also may have taken the time to bury her since he didn't make the phone call until 4:30. He had time.

They should ask people with cabins at Lake Lanier to check them. Think of how many are unused at this time of year, especially with the lake so low. He could have broken into one and kept her for a few days. When would someone find her? Not til spring.

Do we know if the reports that he was suffering from multiple sclerosis are true? I can't believe that a 60-year old man with MS could overpower a young, strong martial arts student. I think his MS claim must be bogus.

I thought I had posted this but musta just discussed in chat...the Vet did an interview on local news and the dog was in perfect shape. She wasn't hungry, worn out, hurt, thirsty or even dirty. No signs of anything out of the ordinary.

Not that it really matters, but we do not know if Hilton set Ella free on purpose or if she simply got away.

It seems foolish to me, to release the dog in the same area you choose to dispose of evidence. He might as well have put up a big sign saying "Looky Here! I'm the crazy dude you're looking for!".:doh:

I prefer to think of Ella as a "Lassie". She got away and went for help.

Susan

Not that it really matters, but we do not know if Hilton set Ella free on purpose or if she simply got away.

It seems foolish to me, to release the dog in the same area you choose to dispose of evidence. He might as well have put up a big sign saying "Looky Here! I'm the crazy dude you're looking for!".:doh:

I prefer to think of Ella as a "Lassie". She got away and went for help.

Susan

Everything he did made him stand out, including cleaning his van at the gas station (duh!). Makes me think he had been hiding out somewhere that he did not have access to news reports and wasn't aware of the attention Meredith's disappearance was getting.

Edited to add: Even wearing extremely noticable clothing the day Meredith disappeared. Yellow? Hello? Everyone will remember a guy in bright yellow with no teeth.

They should ask people with cabins at Lake Lanier to check them. Think of how many are unused at this time of year, especially with the lake so low. He could have broken into one and kept her for a few days. When would someone find her? Not til spring.

I think that an excellent idea. Several things pop into my head on this thought. He was trying to use her ATM card in Canton and in Gainesville...so what is in between, Lake Lanier, the dog was found in good shape so this means she wasn't running around in the woods but probably kept in a warm place with food and water. He left the dog at a shopping center and returned to the same area 2 hours later. Again, what is near, Lake Lanier.

It would make perfect sense for him to leave the Blood Mountain area because he knew she would be reported missing. And, he was right and the whole focus of the search until this weekend has been the mountain. He may have kept her in a cabin and then went back and buried her or hid her in some fashion during that gap time. In any event there would be evidence in a cabin if they were there and this is where the crime happened.

This is a great idea. I am going to mention it to a couple of people when talking today.

Angelmom,

I called the # on helpfindmeredith.com which is the sherriffs office and gave them the idea of checking of cabins in Lake Lanier...they said they would pass on to GBI and was thankful for the call.

I also left a message for LTWH's contact @ GBI but she is classes today, so she must not be on Meredith's case today...I also mentioned this, I know she will pass it along. They may have already thought of this, but, JIC, I am telling them. Thanks angelmom!

Now ajc is saying that the search is staying focused on the 5 mile area at Vogel State park based on new evidence.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...07webupdate.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

But, they also said this in the same article:

Union County Sheriff's Investigator Kimberly Verdone said the search in North Georgia will continue, but if there are no new developments by close of business Wednesday, the Blairsville command center would be closed and investigators would reassess what to do next.

and this

the 24-year-old Buford woman in the state park. The search resumes Monday morning over a much broader area, from DeKalb County on the south to Union County on the north.

CP, Angelmom....y'all think one of us should write/call the local reporters about the Lake Lanier idea? Why not go straight to them, why wait for LE to ask for peeps to check their places? How could it hurt?

CP, Angelmom....y'all think one of us should write/call the local reporters about the Lake Lanier idea? Why not go straight to them, why wait for LE to ask for peeps to check their places? How could it hurt?

If GMH wasn't working alone, checking these cabins without LE presence may not be in people's best interest right now.

Not to sound gruesome or anything, but how does Hilton do what he did to Emerson without her dog throwing a fit and creating a rucus? Any sign of harm towards Emerson would have sent Ella into a frenzy. That would have called attention to them. Not to mention be a pain in the *advertiser censored* distraction, and end up with Hilton getting bit. I have two lab mixes about Ella's size and I'm pretty sure they would break free of any restraint they had on if someone harmed me. He had to have have Ella away from the situation somehow. Maybe that's how he controled Emerson, by threatening to harm her dog?

If GMH wasn't working alone, checking these cabins without LE presence may not be in people's best interest right now.

Duh, good point. :doh:

Well I did leave message at GBI and talked to sherriff's office about the idea..at least we know if they haven't thought of it themselves they have now 'heard' the idea.

Thanks cwiz, I wasn't thinking.

Well I did leave message at GBI and talked to sherriff's office about the idea..at least we know if they haven't thought of it themselves they have now 'heard' the idea.

It was a good thought christine. He must have been hiding somewhere for the past few days. The phone call he tried to make leads me to suspect that perhaps another person was involved. I would just hate to see a good samaritan be added to the casualty list for an already tragic situation.

You did the right thing by alerting LE to the idea and if they want public help I am sure they will get it to the newspaper and tv stations. If she was held at a cabin there would be evidence and it is best for it not to be disturbed. Same reason they aren't using volunteers right now and only professionals. That chain of evidence factor again.

I knew someone with MS who was on disability. He had a lot of pain, he got himself into a methadone program for the pain. I’d be checking around for a clinic in that area. Also, what address did his disability checks come to. Did he have a bank account or did he use a check cashing place?

"I do know he has Multiple Sclerosis. He's in a lot of pain. He once told me he had about 6 years to live and that was a couple years ago and I was surprised when he told me he was going to go live in the woods cause that's a big step when you're ill,” said Barbara.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14986060/detail.html

Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members