Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace was being really graphic last night. How many ways could she say decapitated? She kept saying things like "she got her head chopped off", etc. Then she had the boyfriend on! How insensitive could she be? I kept waiting for her to say something stupid to him.

Sorry to say, Nancy's always been this way. It gives a bit of a lie to her so-called sensitivity towards victims.

Nancy Grace was being really graphic last night. How many ways could she say decapitated? She kept saying things like "she got her head chopped off", etc. Then she had the boyfriend on! How insensitive could she be? I kept waiting for her to say something stupid to him.

How cruel some people are. So sad.

In defense of Nancy, She was being sarcastic to the Attorneys that were complementing the Public defender. A couple of guests were saying he (PD) did a great job..and it was one of those sarcastic things as in "great job? The girl had her head cut off...so it's a great job to avoid the DP'...Those are NOT her words, was more trying to give a feeling to the mood/context. The other time(s) it was mentioned was when explaining to people what it meant. And judging by some of her calls last night, I can see why the need to clarify.

(Someone called last night to see if they had found the dog..." as an example of why I stated the need to clarify)

Here...This is what I was describing, taken from the cnn transcipts..

"GRACE: You know what`s interesting about the two of you? You`re packaging this up like it`s some neat brief you did in law school. He cut her head off! He decapitated a 24-year-old defenseless girl, hiking with her dog, Meredith Emerson."

While I understand it may have sounded like she was being repetitious, I don't think she had the remotest (is that a word?) intention of being insensitive and/or cruel.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I saw that too on NG. It's SO fresh for her family and friends and hearing that so many times must have been awful. I think she's just used to "making a case" in front of a jury, hence, repeating the worst thing over and over. :(

This case gets to me at night when I close my eyes, and I didn't even know Meredith. I can't imagine what her family and friends are going through. :(

Rereading the transcripts from NG show last night -

They talk about the significance of anger with what happened to her. Vidicitiveness etc.

Could GMH have done this, out of sheer pissedoffness knowing that it was about to be over? Considering ALL the media attention he had gotten, Especially if he was used to coming/going and getting away with it for who knows how long?

he may not have known at the beginning how "wanted" he was, but he had to have known at some point..otherwise why flip the tags around on the vehicle?

I'm still working on the map of the southeast... but I just had to post this.

This just hit me in the stomach... Hilton was arrested less than a mile from my best friends house.

She just emailed me that she had been in shock, and told me that she had been at the chevron station about 2 hrs before he was captured there.

All I can say is wow. She is really freaked out by the proximity to where he was captured.

if someone knows how I can upload the pics side by side in the POST itself, without going through photobucket, please send me an IM. Thanks in advance!

I would ask that everyone link photos (and if you lots in your siggys, maybe remove them temp) at this time instead of posting photos directly in posts because of the current forum issues.

I've been watching this SO close here because this is where I live. I live in the same city as Meridith lived in and am in Cumming all the time and all of this has given me the creeps. We camp at Lake Lanier and boat there too. To think of something so gruesome happening to this young lady that was going hiking with her dog makes my stomach just clench up. I guess it's the thought of her going out to something so beautiful as going out to commune with nature, something healthy and natural, just a girl and her dog and nature and some psycho friggin' comes into the picture, makes me ill!!!
I just ache for this young lady and her family. I'm glad Ella has found her way back to her parents and that the woman that found her had the wherewithall to take her to the vet and check for a microchip, her fur truly could have evidence and I'm certain that having her is a comfort to Meridith's parents. I'm glad this psycho is caught. I just wish that Meredith could have been found before she was killed. :(

(snip)
However, court records show that until recently, Hilton may have been wanted in South Florida.

He was arrested by Miami police in 1972 and charged with receiving stolen property. It was not clear Tuesday whether he ever went to trial. Court dockets list the arrest and assignment of a trial prosecutor, then no other entries until Nov. 9.

The entry for that date shows a notice to drop the charges and a motion to quash the related warrants, followed by a judge’s order dismissing the warrants.

Ed Griffith, spokesman for the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office, said he was not familiar with the case when reached after hours. He said the activity could have been triggered by a simple clearing of old arrest warrants, which police do occasionally.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/11214/1

I happened to be on the phone with someone from here last night (Jinxie or bakers, maybe it was gg.....oh, anyway) when they were playing this....I was crying and saying over and over I can't believe what he did to her.....then NG says, "now to the boyfriend"...I gasped "Oh my Gawd, he had to listen to all of that?!!" Not happy with NG, not at all.

(snips)
Late Monday, reporters were also taken to the area on the forest's south side where Emerson's body was found, about a mile and a half down Dawson Forest Road, which leads into the forest off Ga. 52. The location is accessible by vehicle but not otherwise visible in the middle of tall pines and brambles and near a skeet-shooting range.

Dawson Forest, a remote area of 10,000 acres, is a good place to hide.
It's popular with horseback riders on the weekends, and during hunting season there's some activity, but little else goes on here. There are no campgrounds, no power, no real signs of life. An eerie quiet permeates the woods.
Dawson Forest was once home to the Georgia Nuclear Aircraft Laboratory, an Air Force testing facility run by Lockheed Aircraft Corp. as an experimental project to develop nuclear-powered aircraft.
Lockheed began an unsuccessful effort to develop nuclear-powered planes in the late 1950s, and the experiment was shut down in 1971. The city of Atlanta purchased the Lockheed site from the Air force in the early 1970s for use as a possible second airport.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/08/emerson_0109.html

In defense of Nancy.

Interesting how we can all see things differently.

No defense for her IMO for what I watched last night. It disgusted me. She said it over and over... and then without skipping a beat, 'now, the boyfriend'....I gasped (wasn't it you I was on the phone with?).

She has never been my fav, but I really dislike her after watching that last night.

I didn't notice a dog in that video when you can see the back of the van w/all of his stuff.....hmmmm.....

wonder if he could have been disposing of John Bryant's body somewhere out there???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214