• Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maj. Mike Wood of the Leon County Sheriff's Office has told the Tallahassee Democrat that Gary Michael Hilton is the prime suspect in the slaying of Cheryl Dunlap. Hilton has been charged with murder in the death of Georgia hiker Meredith Emerson.

"We have identified that he was in our county, and he is the prime suspect in a murder in Georgia where an ATM card was used," Wood said. "That makes him the focus of our investigation right now."

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=109292

Whoa! That was fast!

Reannan, you certainly can see more details by inverting the colors. Good job.

Hey, wasn't the head missing from the body found in Franklin County Georgia in August or so of this year? They never did find the skull did they???? Franklin is not far from this area..:doh:

I think you are right but I will see what I can find.

More from Chico's link. A tip came in BEFORE Emerson was abducted:

Campbell said the Sheriff’s Office got a tip from a local hunter about a homeless-looking man with a large dog and a white van in the forest. The tip came on Dec. 19, four days after Dunlap’s body was found. The person who gave the tip said he had seen the man Dec. 7 and then saw the van Dec. 8 and Dec. 9.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=109292

A commenter at Huffs posted, IIRC, that when Carey Stayner was asked why he decapitated the body. He said because it was the worst thing he could think of to do.

God I hate what I'm about to type. They may not have found all of Emerson. But they at least found her head, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to determine blunt force trauma of the head as the COD.

You would think that if they did not find her body they would still be searching for it though?

i hope they are going to do a search near that area where the dashcam video was taken - he did act a little shaky in it - i bet he was sh*ttin bricks!

Also his stature with the slight slouch matches in the dashcam vid to the atm surveillance footages.
As to him saying he was involved in the military and was doing "field maneuvers" that may have been 1. a sociopathic ploy to get cops to leave him alone 2. its really true and that would explain why he is so easily desensitized to his victims and perhaps the dismembering of corpses in order for them to decompose quicker
I really think his hair looks dyed black in that dashcam video..

To me, it appeared that he he was wearing some type of black knit hat like a skull cap in the dashcam video.

Death penalty NOT off the table according to the prosecutor from Hall and Dawson Counties. He said he wasn't part of the deal that Union County made and she was murdered in Dawson County. He said he hasn't made a decision yet. Pretty clever of the DA's if I must say so myself.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...merson_0109.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Didn't the Supreme Court just issue a moratorium on lethal injections???? Maybe they'll give him the choice of a good ol' public hangin' or the firing squad instead!!!

He may have been in too much of a rush to cut Meredith's hands off. As gruesome as it sounds, I would imagine that it is not an easy process and if he knew authorities were looking for him he may have done it quickly.

Chico's linked article gives you more dates for your timeline.

did anyone else notice on Nancy Grace that when she was ever so eloquently discussing the motive for decapitation, that she never once mentioned that perhaps he did this so she couldn't be identified quickly?

I mean, obviously decapitation is a horrendous thing to do, whether a person is alive or dead, but the fact that he did it to her when she was dead suggests that either Nancy was right and he gets some sick pleasure out of that, or that he was trying to conceal her identity. Either way its still horrible, but I think she missed a valid point.

Not that it matters exactly WHY he did it, but it could be a clue as to what type of murders we are looking for.

When he took LE to her body was her head with her body or had he done something else with it?

i hope they are going to do a search near that area where the dashcam video was taken - he did act a little shaky in it - i bet he was sh*ttin bricks!

Jenny, you really should call GBI or the Cherokee County Sheriffs office about your info. And while you are at it, tell them we want to see the entire 20 minute dashcam video!

You would think that if they did not find her body they would still be searching for it though?

I doubt they would have offered him death penalty immunity for only providing the location of part of her body.

This is terrible beyond words. I am in such grief for her poor family.

Didn't the Supreme Court just issue a moratorium on lethal injections???? Maybe they'll give him the choice of a good ol' public hangin' or the firing squad instead!!!

Sign me up to fire the gun.

When he took LE to her body was her head with her body or had he done something else with it?

LE in Florida said the same thing NG did, that the murderer had taken great pains to conceal the identity of Dunlap. Though they wouldn't give details.

I don't think it makes them decompose any faster, but I will check it out. Chico?!

I think this time it indicates uncontrollable rage. I believe she tried to free herself by attacking him and it made him angry. If he is responsible for the other killings, this one is only different because of the decapitation so it doesn't support the theory of him doing it so they decompose faster to me.

Okay, this is going to be gory, but maybe he decapitated her in the hopes that some animal would come and take the head away with it. That way, she would not be able to be identified if the rest of her body decomposed, because the dentals would be somewhere else.

Or maybe he was just a sick *advertiser censored* that got some kind of thrill out of it...

I must have overlooked some of Dunlap's case. Hmmmm. So she was found without hands and head? I did miss that very important fact!

I think you are right but I will see what I can find.

CP, I just found the thread in the unidentified forum and bumped it... It appears that no head has been found in that case and that the body is still unidentified...

This case of this female body found, without a head/skull which was located HWY 320 in Franklin County GA, just sounds too darned similar to this guy's MO in my opinion...

Okay, this is going to be gory, but maybe he decapitated her in the hopes that some animal would come and take the head away with it. That way, she would not be able to be identified if the rest of her body decomposed, because the dentals would be somewhere else.

Or maybe he was just a sick *advertiser censored* that got some kind of thrill out of it...

I thought of that too, it's possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member