• Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will do a tox screen to see if drugs played a role. This will take awhile to get back tho.

If the one poster is correct and he held her at an abandoned house in the woods...no one would have heard the dog bark or her screams. We don't know if he repeatedly hit her in the head either. All we have been told is that one blow caused her death. He could have rendered her unconscious while he went to the ATMs (he went to Canton and to Gainsville).

It was confirmed by Hilton though that he kept her in the van for three days, if authorities had found that abandoned house like the poster said and connected it to Hilton, don't you think that Hilton's statement probably wouldn't have been released?

However it does seem odd that she would be in a van for 3 days and neither her nor Ella was heard.

It is looking more and more like he killed John Bryant and I think they should search that area where the dashcam was filmed. Not only do we have a murderer here, but a kidnapper who keeps his victims hostage for several days before he kills them...def makes me think that Bryant saw the same type of end as Meredith sadly.

Perhaps while Meredith was unleashing her dog...he unleashed his at the same time knowing they would run together. This would give him a reason to "buddy" up to her while trying to get the dogs contained or keep them in sight. She might not have been comfortable, but she would not have left Ella behind.

I think you are probably 100% right... He either trained his dog to run up the mountain' or got lucky and had a dog that would do it without him having to train it to do so...

How can this guy have two vans? You can only drive one at a time, unless someone is helping you!!! :banghead:

I need links! Where does it say he confirmed he kept her in a van for 3 days? I haven't seen this yet. I did read where LE said she was alive until Friday tho, but I figured it came from the evidence they found.

I need links! Where does it say he confirmed he kept her in a van for 3 days? I haven't seen this yet. I did read where LE said she was alive until Friday tho, but I figured it came from the evidence they found.
I posted the link a few posts back..will go fetch it.

Repeat of my post:
Soo it looks like he confessed to keeping her in the van for 3 days? How sad is that..if only someone would have spotted his van

The man suspected of kidnapping and killing 24-year-old hiker Meredith Emerson told authorities that he held her captive for three days inside his van before taking her to the Dawson Forest Management Area on Friday and killing her

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...storyid=109280

Thanks, Shultzan! I guess I just missed it then! I don't like to go off half-cocked and until I read those confirmations in the media, well...even then we can't be so sure they are all true. LOL

Thanks, Shultzan! I guess I just missed it then! I don't like to go off half cocked until I read those things in the media...and even then we can't be so sure they are all true. LOL
I know, I am a journalist and I can't believe how the media messes up sometimes..
Some reported Ella as "Emma" for quite sometime..
Others said the person who located Ella said she looked like she "had" been running in the woods for 3 days..others reported she said "hadn't"
:banghead:

However it does seem odd that she would be in a van for 3 days and neither her nor Ella was heard.

I still have a hard time with the proximity of two adults and two big dogs in a van for three days. I'll be curious to know how the Greta posters info plays out.

I hope they have recovered that black stocking cap he wore in the dashcam video. I bet it has forensic evidence of several other murders on it. His work was messy, and even if he wasn't wearing the cap at the time, I bet evidence was transferred to it. Especially in the Bryant case - we have him on camera wearing it a few days after they went missing!

How can this guy have two vans? You can only drive one at a time, unless someone is helping you!!! :banghead:

Umm, it's physically possible to own two vehicles - I did on my own before I was married. We haven't seen anything about the vans being driven simultaneously in two different locations - for all we know one might not have even worked.

It sounds like they are going by Hilton's word.

If they are just going by his word, it is just that. Considering his background, his word isn't worth much other than leading LE to her body. The cabin should still be checked out. Maybe he led LE to her body so they wouldn't disturb other's he had put to rest..

I get the impression from the post at Greta, that the van was disabled and backed up into a ravine type thing hidden in brush and trees. Sounds like it's still there.

Umm, it's physically possible to own two vehicles - I did on my own before I was married. We haven't seen anything about the vans being driven simultaneously in two different locations - for all we know one might not have even worked.
I agree! I had two vehicles and one was a two seater. I couldn't drive the kids around in it! I drove it to work or out just to play in!

One of his vans was older and probably did break down. He was charged for leaving something on Govt. property...so could it have been that van? It doesn't seem they are trying very hard to find it, are they?

It sounds like they are going by Hilton's word.

And he does have motive to lie. Let's say he took her somewhere (not the abandoned house the greta poster found), chances are he has taken another victim there, or has possessions that may link him to another murder.

I agree w/ Suzi that 2 dogs and 2 people in one van sounds iffy.

Anyone that has dogs know that if they are together they will PLAY! which means noise and barking..

I really wish the police would tell us if Hilton concealed his identity on the ATM video.. or what times he was at these banks (did they release that yet I may have missed it)

One of his vans was older and probably did break down. He was charged for leaving something on Govt. property...so could it have been that van? It doesn't seem they are trying very hard to find it, are they?
My guess is they have found it, and either it isnt relevant to the case (he sold it, it went to a junkyard etc.) or they are still investigating it.

My brother owns and buys tags and insurance every year for over twenty vehicles........but he is a nut...

I agree! I had two vehicles and one was a two seater. I couldn't drive the kids around in it! I drove it to work or out just to play in!

A lot of the time when LE is still gathering evidence on greater charges, they will hold someone on a smaller charge in order to keep them in their sights while they gain more evidence of the larger charge. That seems to be the case with Hilton (hold him for abandoned property on Federal land while looking into murder)

My guess is they have found it, and either it isnt relevant to the case (he sold it, it went to a junkyard etc.) or they are still investigating it.

They may have found the van at the property the Greta poster talked about. At the time he made the post (Jan 6th?) the van was still there hidden in a ravine under brush. With a wipe left to mark the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers