Missing woman’s body found ‘mutilated,’ wrapped in sheets at cemetery, officials say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“I sat in the courtroom in Nashville and told the judge that if they let him out, he was going to kill her,” the slain student’s father, Lance Johansen, told WLOX. “He had assaulted her — this was probably the fifth or sixth time where they would get into a fight and he would beat her.”

Lauren Johansen

I'm following reporter Karen Aguilar of Fox Nashville on Twitter/X--she seems to be taking the lead in investigating the mistakes:

I'm following reporter Karen Aguilar of Fox Nashville on Twitter/X--she seems to be taking the lead in investigating the mistakes:

She’s doing a great job reporting, grateful she’s exposing how this went so wrong. This monumental mistake resulted in a violent death. The details are very painful to read, I feel deeply for her family.

“They’re distraught,” Sloss said of the employee who made the error and his supervisor. “There have been tears.”

Release paperwork dated June 24 specified none of those conditions.

That paperwork “should have contained any bond conditions,” Sloss said. “The employee did not do that.”

“Our release order from the courts was a standard ‘bond-out’ and did not specify GPS was a condition of release,” said Jon Adams, communications director at the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office. Rivers, Adams said, “was released to himself, and was responsible for contacting his bonding agent.”

I’m so angry this happened. And that it’s only a recent occurrence, definitely not the first and likely not even the most recent.

Dr. Johansen, PLEASE keep raising hell and demanding accountability for your daughter’s life. I’m so sorry for your loss. Maybe your actions today will prevent future loss of life.

For a person as kind-hearted and caring as Lauren is said to have been — and family members that seem to share that outlook — perhaps that provides a sliver of comfort in this tragedy.

Rest in peace, Lauren. You matter.

Additional/slightly different information in this article from today in a conversation with Lauren's father:

"Although he received the voicemail notifying him of Rivers' release on June 28, Robert Johansen didn't have a chance to listen to it right away, he said, noting that the news came as a shock on July 1.

'I called Lauren immediately and she was still alive when I called her and told her ... she already heard,' he said. 'She was told he was getting an ankle monitor, and it turned into a real mess.'

Lauren was terrified when he talked to her about Rivers being released, Robert Johansen said. He and his family don't know what happened to Lauren Johansen or how she ended up in the trunk of a car on July 3.

Last they knew, she was in her home with her sister and a friend on July 1."

All the other previous articles I've read made it sound like Lauren did not know Rivers was released, and that when the dad tried calling her on July 1 he couldn't get in touch with her--except for a text he got from her which was phrased oddly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back