Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually what I think I will do is go back over the threads and write up a list of suspects/time line for myself to keep so I don't have to go back and forth.

I too don't believe the so called "porch lady".

1. Sitting out on your porch around dawn, yes people do it, but not common.

2. She could clearly hear the man telling the woman driving the van to turn around and don't do anything stupid. The woman was crying and distraught. Wouldn't you call the police if you witnessed this? I know some people don't want to get involved, but really? Also, she must have had superpower hearing to hear the conversation. My grandchildren come to my home frequently, I often sit on my front porch awaiting their arrival. They are loud, boisterous boys, and I can't hear their conversation while they are in their car. Don't buy it.

3. The "porch lady" waited quite some time to report this. Odd, the news coverage once it was discovered was extensive, but it took her awhile to realize it was Suzy driving the van? No way.

4. If you abducted 3 women, would you be driving around with the windows down? That's the only way the witness could have heard the conversation. What if the women screamed? This is so ridiculous.
Yeah...not credible. Its similar to that woman in the Ramsey case who claimed to hear a scream that night and then later on said it was some sort of dream.

I'd place "yard sale lady" in the same category as "porch lady".

1. Sitting out on your porch around dawn, yes people do it, but not common.
My grandma used to do this daily. Up at 5-6 am with a gallon of coffee sitting on the porch reading the paper or just taking in the view.

Had some major crime happened here that explodes in the news, I can easily picture my grandma saying, "Yeah... there was a van that drove by here. Going real slow too. I didn't like the look of that guy. He was up to something."

Not that she would intentionally lie.....its just that she'd be making something out of nothing. Some guy on a milk run for his wife morphs into a serial killer driving all over town stalking women who has the unfortunate luck of driving by my grandma while she takes a gulp of coffee.

I can see why Douglas wasn't a big fan of eyewitness testimony. A bored granny who skipped that day's metro section in the paper and looked up instead can steer a case in the wrong direction.

I said “if”. They have not proven to be productive suspects. The only one mentioned has been Garrison only, so far as I can tell because he had connections to the Rogersville area.

I’ve never found anyone who put much stock in them. Much more promising would be Cox, and others.

I wish it were possible to rule out Cox. No idea how.

The single stalker and the rogue cop or fake cop would seem more likely if Cox could be ruled out. And of course there is another obvious suspect.

One male lived nearby. There was one male subject who flunked the polygraph as stated in the News-Leader as of 6-23-92. We do not know who that was.
This male that flunked the polygraph.
Do you have any idea as to WHO it was?
Someone who has been mentioned already?
Also, do you think it's possible for the 2 girls to have been followed from party to party all night? This person then followed them back to the house not expecting mom to be there so he had no choice but to take her too.
Perhaps this was a complete stranger/out of towner who was visiting for a friends graduation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think that entirely possible because no one has cracked in 25 years.

Never been able to find who the flunkee was. Those are not absolute anyway.

I actually 'chatted' with the woman who saw the van at 3 ish a.m. as it turned onto Grand St. from Kentwood. She is not the 'porch lady'. Yes, she had been helping a friend get ready for a yard/garage sale. Whoever was driving basically ran her off the road, thus why she remembered the incident and said she did get a good look at the driver of the van. She did not mention (to me) about hearing a voice from the backseat and her description of the driver was not female.

I actually 'chatted' with the woman who saw the van at 3 ish a.m. as it turned onto Grand St. from Kentwood. She is not the 'porch lady'. Yes, she had been helping a friend get ready for a yard/garage sale. Whoever was driving basically ran her off the road, thus why she remembered the incident and said she did get a good look at the driver of the van. She did not mention (to me) about hearing a voice from the backseat and her description of the driver was not female.
I guess the time fits, but why would she be getting ready for yard sale at 3 am? For real? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I guess the time fits, but why would she be getting ready for yard sale at 3 am? For real? Just curious.

She said she had been helping a friend get ready for one. (Yeah, I would have 'called it a night' a lot sooner. ha Perhaps they got to chatting it up and time got away from them.)

This is what I have.............take it or leave it. I personally believe her.

[FONT=&amp]Well, the night the woman were abducted (about 3am-ish) I was heading home after helping a friend set up her yard sale for the next morning... As I passed by the little street that connects the "Streeters" street with Grant Street, the van blew through the stop sign and cut me off... He actually ran me off the road... He came within in a few feet of me, looking me dead in the eye in the most hateful way...My daughter was sleeping in the back and flew off the seat, slamming into the back of my seat... I had to stop the van and climb in back to help her. She was crying and disoriented, but ok... Unbeknownst to me, she had taken off her seatbelt to lay down...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
A day or 2 later, I saw the abduction on the news and went right down to the police department to talk to detectives and describe the van and man I saw... I had a pretty good look at him since he got to with in feet of me when he ran me off the road...

(She claimed to be the one who provided the description for the sketch artist.)

[/FONT]

This male that flunked the polygraph.
Do you have any idea as to WHO it was?
Someone who has been mentioned already?
Also, do you think it's possible for the 2 girls to have been followed from party to party all night? This person then followed them back to the house not expecting mom to be there so he had no choice but to take her too.
Perhaps this was a complete stranger/out of towner who was visiting for a friends graduation?

I have a theory who the male was who had trouble accounting for his time that evening / morning .

I mentioned a while back if someone was in town for all the graduations going on it would be easier to accept no one has come forward after all this time . Police stated that the suspect may have been unaccounted for . Well , graduation night that would go unnoticed or perhaps they had a hotel ? Still , think the person was know to at least one of the women though ..

Also .. I would not at all be surprised if they stopped at a convenience store or something on the way home. After a night of partying possibly needing gas , restroom break a coke or SS was described as a Heavy smoker .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a theory who the male was who had trouble accounting for his time that evening / morning .

I mentioned a while back if someone was in town for all the graduations going on it would be easier to accept no one has come forward after all this time . Police stated that the suspect may have been unaccounted for . Well , graduation night that would go unnoticed or perhaps they had a hotel ? Still , think the person was know to at least one of the women though ..

Also .. I would not at all be surprised if they stopped at a convenience store or something on the way home. After a night of partying possibly needing gas , restroom break a coke or SS was described as a Heavy smoker .

Thank you[emoji6]
I hadn't thought about the gas station theory.
So many possibilities

This is what I have.............take it or leave it. I personally believe her.

[FONT=&amp]Well, the night the woman were abducted (about 3am-ish) I was heading home after helping a friend set up her yard sale for the next morning... As I passed by the little street that connects the "Streeters" street with Grant Street, the van blew through the stop sign and cut me off... He actually ran me off the road... He came within in a few feet of me, looking me dead in the eye in the most hateful way...My daughter was sleeping in the back and flew off the seat, slamming into the back of my seat... I had to stop the van and climb in back to help her. She was crying and disoriented, but ok... Unbeknownst to me, she had taken off her seatbelt to lay down...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
A day or 2 later, I saw the abduction on the news and went right down to the police department to talk to detectives and describe the van and man I saw... I had a pretty good look at him since he got to with in feet of me when he ran me off the road...

(She claimed to be the one who provided the description for the sketch artist.)

[/FONT]
I haven't seen a sketch related to the case...
What was the color of this van? I know there were several van sightings but different descriptions.

I think Cox just likes the attention he is getting. Like a lot of prisoners who are in forever, they like the cat and mouse chase. Brings them joy.

Nothing about Cox previous crimes instills any confidence he could pull this off with Three victims . He’s an egomaniac and frankly not that bright .. every offense he commited he botched and was caught . Florida’s stupidity aside , he did nothing to exhonerate himself .

You know I do agree with this, but I also do think these guys get more controlled and organized with each crime.
Also, he was a Ranger which implies certain skills.
Also he had the motive, and had knowledge of area.
I struggle with the Cox theory, but I do think it was a possibility.

You know I do agree with this, but I also do think these guys get more controlled and organized with each crime.
Also, he was a Ranger which implies certain skills.
Also he had the motive, and had knowledge of area.
I struggle with the Cox theory, but I do think it was a possibility.

What was Cox's motive?

If I remember, the police set up a van outside the police station that looked like it, just so people could be aware. Also, I noticed that where they lived was probably not in the Kickapoo district for residing, or was that not a concern back then. Just curious on that part for myself only

The problem I saw with the Crime Watch Video is, that stories are much different now, in this new video, than they were in the last two documentaries done on this.

Why have some of the things in he timeline of the case all of a sudden changed?
Why are some people being injected into the 1st people who found them, when it was originally only JK and MH? Now Nigel was there as well.......What Gives?

And they didn't go into the details about the movements of the women, and the group they were partying with that night or the very important details that were outlined in the Aug 3, 1992 Springfield News-Leader.

They spend way too much time on Cox. I might feel stronger about Cox, if it weren't for all of the suspicious things that some close to the women did, and their suspicious stories and actions. Personally, I think this crime was committed by someone one or more of the women knew......Just like FBI profiler Wright stated back in 1992.

The way I understand it is Nigel went on Monday vs Sunday. Also, IMO she did not 'hang' with Janelle (or Stacey), she most likely did not hear about their disappearance til late

And I concur about the 'suspicious' stories and actions. One being JK erasing the tape with the obscene phone call, she sure made a lot of judgement calls (excuses) concerning that and the broken glass. Erasing the tape and sweeping up the glass and 'unexpected' guests showing up from Kansas. Since so many people were there from Kansas, did JK give up her bed to a guest? And how odd IMO that they were unexpected.

IMO and just kickin' stuff around. And let's not forget, she was the last person to see them alive. I hope SPD grilled her and gave her a Polygraph test.

["It's certainly possible but the main problem with any "Sherrill was the main target" theory is the timing. Why THAT night of all nights? The girls had been gone for hours. Plenty of time."

Why not 'that' night of all nights? Seems perfect to me, esp. since the first set of plans was driving to Branson. If that's the case then someone close to Sherrill. I 'assume SPD grilled the last person who spoke to Sherrill on the phone. That was @ 11 p.m. which isn't that a bit late to call someone? To me 10 p.m. is too late unless it's an EMG. Did Sherrill call her friend? Or was it the other way around...I 'assume' the friend called Sherrill but that may not be the case at all.

I watched the documentary last night. That last segment made me cringe. She should never be allowed to appear on any program about this case ever again. She's simply not credible and the cherry on top is the attention seeking. The supposed death threats are laughable and only brought up as a defense to witholding information and her "sources". Hogwash.

She's afraid to talk about the case.....so her answer to that is to always talk about the case on media outlets. Not buying what she's selling.[/QUOTE]

The way I understand it is Nigel went on Monday vs Sunday. Also, IMO she did not 'hang' with Janelle (or Stacey), she most likely did not hear about their disappearance til late

And I concur about the 'suspicious' stories and actions. One being JK erasing the tape with the obscene phone call, she sure made a lot of judgement calls (excuses) concerning that and the broken glass. Erasing the tape and sweeping up the glass and 'unexpected' guests showing up from Kansas. Since so many people were there from Kansas, did JK give up her bed to a guest? And how odd IMO that they were unexpected.

IMO and just kickin' stuff around. And let's not forget, she was the last person to see them alive. I hope SPD grilled her and gave her a Polygraph test.

BBM...that was what I was thinking too. How has any of the key players life changed from this night?

[FONT=&quot]"Early the next morning, Suzie's best friend Nigel calls to find out when they're leaving for the water park." From the CWD transcript.

According to CWD,....Nigel did call Sunday morning. Never heard/read that before.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"When the girls fail to contact anybody about the trip to the water park, everyone makes their way to the little house on Delmar Street.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I knew there was something bad wrong, but I didn't want to admit it to myself," said Janis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At first there's relief. Stacy's, Suzie's and Sherrill's cars are all lined up in the circular driveway. Then Nigel notices something wrong: that's not where Suzie normally parks."

CWD makes it sound like Nigel went over with the 'flood of people' on Sunday.

IMO...CWD wanted drama and increase their ratings hence re-arrange, add rumor and neglect

I had never heard that info about Nigel coming over after the women disappeared either but I guess she did. I for one, would believe anything she claimed, more so than other key players who came to the house that day, Sunday. I believe she for one, has nothing to hide. The others...not so much.

And yep, lazymedia. Garrison's info required a 'gag order'...sounds like a 'touchdown' in the way of info. Reminds me a bit of the Holly Bobo murder evidence that was later brought in at the trial. hmmmm

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members