Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Susie's mom was just paid a bunch of money for the dresser she had been working on. So Stacy and Susie arrive at the house after running around all night. They probably would have been hungry, and I think it sounds reasonable that Susie's mom may had offered to take them out for dinner.

While at the Steakhouse they are approached by the three men who in turn follow them to Susie's mom's house without them realizing it.

By the clues we have: it seems that Susie's mom was in her bedroom reading a book when she saw or heard a vehicle pulling in the driveway. She also peeped through the blinds in an effort to see who was out there.

Also, the porch light globe is significant, because it shows that some sort of slamming of the front door or a vibration coming through the wall caused it to fall from it's fixture.

The problem I have with the George's sighting is the waitress didn't call in the tip until two weeks after they all went missing. This was a highly publicized story right from the start so that strikes me as less than credible and kinda suspect. Just like that van sighting that Suzie was supposedly driving and that wasn't reported until a couple of weeks or so afterwards. The police even had to use hypnosis on the witness to extract the details; celery green van..yeah that was the color. Again something about this case that attracts more that its fair share of "wild hair" information.

Fair enough, but consider the arrangement of the three cars, as discovered Saturday morning. It has been mentioned from those who were familiar with 1717 Delmar that Suzie would have parked behind her mom, unless another vehicle was already there....

I too have read that the way Suzie's and Stacy's cars were parked that night would indicate that possibly another car was parked behind Sherrill's.

Once more, I agree with you. So many times I have thought about the lack of importance this sudden stomachache on the part of Suzie has been given. At times, I get the impression Suzie knew something was going to happen or, at least, was likely to happen.

Once more, I agree with you. So many times I have thought about the lack of importance this sudden stomachache on the part of Suzie has been given. At times, I get the impression Suzie knew something was going to happen or, at least, was likely to happen.

Exactly!, Who wants to stay home on their High School graduation night???

I remember on the unfinished Vanished documentary, Janis McCall stated Suzie was very upset at her graduation, she just wanted to go home and stay at her house, she had in fact asked several people to spend the night with her. I think she was afraid.

The problem I have with the George's sighting is the waitress didn't call in the tip until two weeks after they all went missing. This was a highly publicized story right from the start so that strikes me as less than credible and kinda suspect. Just like that van sighting that Suzie was supposedly driving and that wasn't reported until a couple of weeks or so afterwards. The police even had to use hypnosis on the witness to extract the details; celery green van..yeah that was the color. Again something about this case that attracts more that its fair share of "wild hair" information.

It didn't become a highly publisized case until it became a highly publisized case. In two weaks it certainly did not. Exspecily back in those days with no internet. It may have been in the local paper, but that's about it. It would have been later then that when main stream media got involved. So don't tell me that within two weeks the world knew about this case because I know they did not.

Is your theory that Suzie had a stomachache and some buddies from school came over and made her, her friend, and her mom disappear without a trace? Really? Some highschool kids pulled this off? If that's your theory let me know because your losing me dude.

It didn't become a highly publisized case until it became a highly publisized case. In two weaks it certainly did not. Exspecily back in those days with no internet. It may have been in the local paper, but that's about it. It would have been later then that when main stream media got involved. So don't tell me that within two weeks the world knew about this case because I know they did not.

Is your theory that Suzie had a stomachache and some buddies from school came over and made her, her friend, and her mom disappear without a trace? Really? Some highschool kids pulled this off? If that's your theory let me know because your losing me dude.

Plenty of cases where 13 year olds killed classmates over a boy / girl . Let’s not pretend like it’s an impossible feat by 18/19 year olds .. a weapon would easily make all three ladies comply if being threatened .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of cases where 13 year olds killed classmates over a boy / girl . Let’s not pretend like it’s an impossible feat by 18/19 year olds .. a weapon would easily make all three ladies comply if being threatened .

Yes a weapon could have made all three women comply I suppose, but there would be more clues left then what we got. I really think this was more of an ambush. It happend very quickly.

Well there was like a ZILLION yellow flyers that Ms McCall made up and posted all over Springfield the day after their disappearance. No doubt one of those flyers made its way to George's fairly quickly since that was Ms Streeter's favorite restaurant.. You'll have to admit though that on the BIG night of your HS graduation you not wanting to go out is kinda unusual. And in the meantime try to get some friend, any friend, to come and spend the night. That seems very odd considering what occurred later that fateful night and to me, a possible personal connection or association Suzie may have had with the kidnapper(s).

Also, the porch light globe is significant, because it shows that some sort of slamming of the front door or a vibration coming through the wall caused it to fall from it's fixture.

I’ve had one fall and break for no apparent reason. The screws that hold those globes in place can fail pretty easily from repeated vibrations of the door closing.

I was in Montana at the time but my recollection is that this case was a big deal and it was covered in “USA Today”. I didn’t think much more about it until I returned to work and one of my techs where I worked started talking about it like it was a big deal.

I also recall that the Springfield News-leader had a lot of information on the front page, and every day thereafter And the “48 Hours” jumped in and from then on it was off to the races.

i would have to say it was a very big deal going on memory.

I must have missed that post. Who's divorce is being referenced?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I believe this had to do with unpaid bills left owing by her ex husband who was living in Washington state. Somehow Sherrill was left on the hook and creditors were hounding her.

I believe she hired a lawyer to find him but was unsuccessful. The police did find him but concluded that there was no connection.

I too have read that the way Suzie's and Stacy's cars were parked that night would indicate that possibly another car was parked behind Sherrill's.

Weren’t there witnesses who said the cars were parked differently the morning from when first seen? If the driveway was blocked they may have had no choice but to come in from the west side.

62a3a5466be1f3eae58b27bf3c1e9ab0.jpg
. Ariel crime scene photo of cars parking positions . Nigel Holderby states she believes another car was parked in Suzy’s spot .

Weren’t there witnesses who said the cars were parked differently the morning from when first seen? If the driveway was blocked they may have had no choice but to come in from the west side.

If Suzie's usual path was using the west entrance but instead the east entrance was used to park that night would indeed be a strong indication that a vehicle was likely parked behind Ms Streeter's at 2:30ish AM when they arrived home. The girls apparently had enough of a comfort level with that individual to settle down for the night i.e. removing their make-up and turning on a movie.

Bareffootpoet: if you look at the photo you can see that Suzie parked where she parked because that was probably her usual parking space. If she would have parked any further up she would have blocked her mothers car in the drive. I know when I was growing up, parking behind your mom or dad's car thus blocking them in the drive would probably get you yelled at.

On another note, during the early investigation of this crime the police and the FBI would have investigated the inner circle of the 3MW with a fine tooth comb. I think early on it was believed to be an abduction committed by strangers. That's probably why the case made it's way to AMW so quickly.

For one: if you look at the George's Sighting(GS), and two: the Front Porch Sighting(FPS), that would make a time line of the abductions right around 4:30 or 5:30am.

62a3a5466be1f3eae58b27bf3c1e9ab0.jpg
. Ariel crime scene photo of cars parking positions . Nigel Holderby states she believes another car was parked in Suzy’s spot .

Texas T: every time I see one of these photos, it looks like the lights on Suzie's car are on? Does anyone know why? Probably doesn't mean much, but just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste