Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other critical element is how anyone unknown to the women could have gotten into the house without the Yorkie going bananas.

If Cinammon was a big junk yard dog, that would be a good question, and we probably would not have this thread right now.

But honestly, like I said, cinnamon probally hid in the back yard until it was safe to come back in the house.

Were talkng about a Yorkie?

One of these?

image.jpg

I really don't see where a couple of perps would be intimidated by that dog dude. Nor do I see why the perps would need to know Sherrell and Suzie to get in the house.

If Cinammon was a big junk yard dog, that would be a good question, and we probably would not have this thread right now.

But honestly, like I said, cinnamon probally hid in the back yard until it was safe to come back in the house.

Were talkng about a Yorkie?

Yes.

Yorkies are infamous about their barking.

The point is that they are highly disruptive when a stranger comes calling. The one we had was so unruly we returned her to the animal rescue lady.

I'm sure cinnamon probably made a lot of noise. Like I said before, if we look at the picture of Sherrell's bed, and the way the covers are slung off to the side and her pillow, we can see that she awoken, and sprung from bed very quickly.

Same with the blinds in Suzie's room. So I'm sure cinnamon was making a lot of noise, but that dosent mean when the perps entered the home she didn't get scared and run to the backyard to hide.

That seems to be a bogus report based on the car’s description and the timeline doesn’t seem to make sense.

It would have been more likely that Suzie would have pulled onto Delmar from Glenstone. If she normally parked in the garage. She would have logically have merely pulled into the carport from the east side. However, the next morning showed that the cars had pulled in from the west side of the u shaped driveway.
AM.

I agree . We can’t know which route they took or if they made any stops along the way . Glen stone would be the route I would have taken .
So why pull in the western end of the circle drive ? IF they were Last ones to park . Allow more room
For Sherrill to back out ?

In regards to speculation that Suzies car is in the grass due to her being impaired , NO One she was around is saying that . Or she should have stayed with JK because she was impaired or just ridden in one car with SM. I think that would have been mentioned .

I suggested it because of the way she parked her car. I did not say impaired though, I think I said buzzed. That said, it was grad night.

As far as I know that is FALSE. No newspaper or wittiness has reported that to my knowlege. Show me a link?

No link, it was on reddit and they had that listed as part of what had happened. I had never read that before so I was intrigued to know if there was any truth in it.

That seems to be a bogus report based on the car’s description and the timeline doesn’t seem to make sense.

The later account at about 2:00AM when Sherrill allegedly came there is the possible incident, if true, could account for the placement of the vehicles the next day.

I was unaware that Suzie normally parked in the carport. Sherrill’s car being found in the carport could be because she was not expecting Suzie home that night.

Then there is the matter of the cars being seen in different locations at night and then found differently in the morning.

It would have been more likely that Suzie would have pulled onto Delmar from Glenstone. If she normally parked in the garage. She would have logically have merely pulled into the carport from the east side. However, the next morning showed that the cars had pulled in from the west side of the u shaped driveway.

Offhand I would say that ascertaining if Sherrill actually went to the APCO station is critical.

The other critical element is how anyone unknown to the women could have gotten into the house without the Yorkie going bananas.

If the dog were put into a crate or a bathroom there should be evidence.

Almost nothing about the published facts make sense. All we truly know to be fact is that Sherrill was last known to be alive at or about 11:15PM. And the second known fact is that the girls were known to be alive when they left Battlefield at or about 2:20 AM.
Yes the fact that a friend of Sherrill's last spoke to her around 11pm, puts her at home alone then. The timeline when the girls arrive is pretty accurate and is taken as fact from most sources.
Friends of the family have made comments that Sherrill had problems sleeping, made worse by moving in a new house(fairly new to her).
I'm glad you mentioned the dog being put up....I read some stuff yesterday and most early accounts says the dog actually was put up in bathroom, not loose in house like I said before. I think this says a lot about who showed up at the house that night. If someone showed up at my house at 3 or 4 am, and if I knew them and was going to let them in my house, I would put my dogs up. For annoyance reasons to the visitors.
I'm doubting that it was normal for her to put her dog in a bathroom every night, I would say the dog slept with her.
Now if someone came to my door that I didn't know, then of course I wouldn't let them in and no reason to put up dogs.
But there's no forced entry so unless the front or back door was left unlocked, how would a stranger get in? My point is it was someone she knew.
Also there's people on Reddit saying that some family photos were taken from the house and the empty frames left behind. Have you heard this?

Thanks Texas T for the map and info...visuals are always good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes the fact that a friend of Sherrill's last spoke to her around 11pm, puts her at home alone then. The timeline when the girls arrive is pretty accurate and is taken as fact from most sources.

Friends of the family have made comments that Sherrill had problems sleeping, made worse by moving in a new house(fairly new to her).

I'm glad you mentioned the dog being put up....I read some stuff yesterday and most early accounts says the dog actually was put up in bathroom, not loose in house like I said before. I think this says a lot about who showed up at the house that night. If someone showed up at my house at 3 or 4 am, and if I knew them and was going to let them in my house, I would put my dogs up. For annoyance reasons to the visitors.

I'm doubting that it was normal for her to put her dog in a bathroom every night, I would say the dog slept with her.

Now if someone came to my door that I didn't know, then of course I wouldn't let them in and no reason to put up dogs.

But there's no forced entry so unless the front or back door was left unlocked, how would a stranger get in? My point is it was someone she knew.

Also there's people on Reddit saying that some family photos were taken from the house and the empty frames left behind. Have you heard this?

Thanks Texas T for the map and info...visuals are always good.

I want to be cautious in replying. I don’t want anyone to read anything into what I say.

I have over the years exchanged many email, private messages and comments on public discussion boards and I would add that most have tended to the hostile side.

Now as to the issue of the photos, the frames, etc., that is unknowable. One person who has looked at this case and has posted here numerous times has said the frames were simply not yet used as the photos were not yet ready for framing. Regardless, we can’t assume anything in the end.

I was was one of those who thought the dog had been put up in the bathroom. That report evidently came from the military newspaper in Europe, “The Stars and Stripes.” Perhaps that was an assumption and nothing more. The account by Janelle was that when she opened the door, it was all nervous and scared and jumped up to greet her as she recognized her. Although Janelle said she had not been to the Delmar house she had been to the previous apartment where she and the dog were friendly. Had she not previously been with the dog I would be dubious but there is no evidence that I know of to contradict what she has said on the record.

What is new from the Goldman interview is that Nigel was Suzie’s best friend and that Suzie always parked under the carport. We have to wonder why and it is understandable that Sherrill parked there because Suzie was not expected to be there that night.

Now to the matter of the dog which, I believe, tells us a lot. Knowing the Yorkie breed, they are excitable and bark a lot. Since there is nothing that tells us that the dog was in the bathroom it is reasonable that the dog recognized the individual who came to the house that night and was not a stranger unless perhaps it was a cop who also had been to the house and had interacted with the dog.

Let me throw this out for discussion. Perhaps Sherrill and the abductor left with the dog. Then he returned later and simply shoved the dog into the house, closed the door and left.

There was more than ample time to have done this prior to the girl’s arrival.

When Sherrill’s car came to the house, Suzie would have recognized it and would have gone to the door and that is when the abductor and the assistant would have entered the house. At that time only two women would have to be taken. Suzie would want to be reunited with her mother and likely complied. On the other hand, Stacy smelled a rat and was dragged out of the house.

Then for whatever reason the cars were moved.

Bottom line is we need someone who the dog recognized. The list has to be quite limited.

I don't know if this has been asked before, so please forgive me if it has, but is there a link where a person can read the FBI profile for the perp/perps for this case?
MM, thats a very interesting theory about the abductor taking the dog. I think it could totally be possible.

I want to be cautious in replying. I don’t want anyone to read anything into what I say.

I have over the years exchanged many email, private messages and comments on public discussion boards and I would add that most have tended to the hostile side.

Now as to the issue of the photos, the frames, etc., that is unknowable. One person who has looked at this case and has posted here numerous times has said the frames were simply not yet used as the photos were not yet ready for framing. Regardless, we can’t assume anything in the end.

I was was one of those who thought the dog had been put up in the bathroom. That report evidently came from the military newspaper in Europe, “The Stars and Stripes.” Perhaps that was an assumption and nothing more. The account by Janelle was that when she opened the door, it was all nervous and scared and jumped up to greet her as she recognized her. Although Janelle said she had not been to the Delmar house she had been to the previous apartment where she and the dog were friendly. Had she not previously been with the dog I would be dubious but there is no evidence that I know of to contradict what she has said on the record.

What is new from the Goldman interview is that Nigel was Suzie’s best friend and that Suzie always parked under the carport. We have to wonder why and it is understandable that Sherrill parked there because Suzie was not expected to be there that night.

Now to the matter of the dog which, I believe, tells us a lot. Knowing the Yorkie breed, they are excitable and bark a lot. Since there is nothing that tells us that the dog was in the bathroom it is reasonable that the dog recognized the individual who came to the house that night and was not a stranger unless perhaps it was a cop who also had been to the house and had interacted with the dog.

Let me throw this out for discussion. Perhaps Sherrill and the abductor left with the dog. Then he returned later and simply shoved the dog into the house, closed the door and left.

When Sherrill’s car came to the house, Suzie would have recognized it and would have gone to the door and that is when the abductor and the assistant would have entered the house. At that time only two women would have to be taken. Suzie would want to be reunited with her mother and likely complied. On the other hand, Stacy smelled a rat and was dragged out of the house.

Bottom line is we need someone who the dog recognized. The list has to be quite limited.

Interesting theory the one about the abductor taking Sherill and the dog first; but what about the rests of make up found in the bathroom? Unless they were staged, I do not think the abductor had given Suzie and Stacy time to clean their faces... surely, the more this case is analyzed, the odder it gets.

You know I can entertain this theory...except one detail. Sherrill's son was adamant that she would not even walk room to room without her cigarettes. If she left with someone she knew and thought was safe, why wouldn't she take her smokes and handbag?
Unless you're saying they brought that stuff back, with the dog. Then why even take the girls at all? Because they were not expected to be there and could ID the perp?
Just making sure I'm understanding what you're saying. Sounds like you have done a lot of research on this case and are familiar with the area.

I don't know if this has been asked before, so please forgive me if it has, but is there a link where a person can read the FBI profile for the perp/perps for this case?
MM, thats a very interesting theory about the abductor taking the dog. I think it could totally be possible.
I don't know where you could read FBI files, but this has some good details, if you haven't seen it already. http://streeterfamilyblogg.blogspot.com/p/ap-and-others.html?m=1

Also this MSM article has a good timeline.
http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...en-went-missing-tips-still-trickle/101753510/

You know I can entertain this theory...except one detail. Sherrill's son was adamant that she would not even walk room to room without her cigarettes. If she left with someone she knew and thought was safe, why wouldn't she take her smokes and handbag?

Unless you're saying they brought that stuff back, with the dog. Then why even take the girls at all? Because they were not expected to be there and could ID the perp?

Just making sure I'm understanding what you're saying. Sounds like you have done a lot of research on this case and are familiar with the area.

It seems likely that neither Suzie could be left behind as they would be the best possible source to finger a suspect or suspects.

Now if this was someone unknown we have to account for the dog.

I am familiar with the area. I used to walk near there on my lunch hours but had no recollection of that particular house. About two years ago I drove next to it as there is a small business and parking lot where one can drive by the house to see what the back yard looked like. I didn’t see anything that seemed interesting. I used to drive on Glenstone to work 100’s of times on my way to work. I didn’t really look in that direction.

Your observation about the cigarettes and handbag are certainly important. Perhaps she forgot or she was rushed to leave. Hard to speculate about that. Almost nothing about the case makes sense.

I wouldn’t rule out a possible stalker nor a cop. If a stalker did this he probably planned this out carefully. If a cop his uniform would have gotten in.

Okay, I don't go here much, but if Sherrill was taken early, with not her purse and smokes, and then returned to get Susie out later under duress after the girls had come home and started to settle, could that account for all the odd things? The dog, the blinds, the cars parked, the light, the make up, the tv? Just a random thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think the frames were maybe for Suzie graduation pictures. I would think if the perps wanted any pics in the frames they would have just taken both frame and pic. Why wast time?

Cinnamon greeted Kirby at the door.

As far as the cars. Nijel said she new something was wrong because Suzie usally parked under the carport, BUT SUZIE USALLY DIDNT HAVE STACY FOLLOWING HER HOME. In other words if Suzie pulled in on the east side of the drive then both her and Stacy would have been blocking Sherrell in. Or their driver side car doors would have been facing opposite of the house. So it actually it make sense that they would have entered from the west.

What doesnt make sense is that the perps would have been out there moving the cars all around, and then taking the keys back in the house and putting them back in the purses. Certainly they would have removed the $800.00 from Sherell's purse.

As far as Sherrell and Cinnamon going out for a ride with the perps. Why would Sherrell even be the target? Clearly these were sexual preditors. They certainly weren't looking for money because there was a whole bunch in the purses.

As far as the perps needing to know Cinnamon, that's not true. The neigbors weren't home, no one was at the businesses, and know one would have heard Cinammon barking.

Please don't bring up the cop car theory from reddet, I read it, and it just sounded silly.

I think the frames were maybe for Suzie graduation pictures. I would think if the perps wanted any pics in the frames they would have just taken both frame and pic. Why wast time?

Cinnamon greeted Kirby at the door.

As far as the cars. Nijel said she new something was wrong because Suzie usally parked under the carport, BUT SUZIE USALLY DIDNT HAVE STACY FOLLOWING HER HOME. In other words if Suzie pulled in on the east side of the drive then both her and Stacy would have been blocking Sherrell in. Or their driver side car doors would have been facing opposite of the house. So it actually it make sense that they would have entered from the west.

What doesnt make sense is that the perps would have been out there moving the cars all around, and then taking the keys back in the house and putting them back in the purses. Certainly they would have removed the $800.00 from Sherell's purse.

As far as Sherrell and Cinnamon going out for a ride with the perps. Why would Sherrell even be the target? Clearly these were sexual preditors. They certainly weren't looking for money because there was a whole bunch in the purses.

As far as the perps needing to know Cinnamon, that's not true. The neigbors weren't home, no one was at the businesses, and know one would have heard Cinammon barking.

Please don't bring up the cop car theory from reddet, I read it, and it just sounded silly.

What was silly about the cop car theory?

Even other cops who worked the case have said it could a cop could have done this crime.

Three police uniforms were stolen from Glo-Cleaners not too long before the crime.

One of my contacts who had ties to the LE community told me the department was among the first to be investigated.

Why do you believe these were clearly sexual predators? If that is true, where is the evidence for that assertion.

As best as I can determine there was no such evidence found in the house.

There is no evidence I am aware that there was more than one perp. I have argued that myself. But I have seen persuasive arguments that one person could have done this crime.

If there was evidence of a sexual crime a motive would finally be determined. That is the one question I would most like to know.

To me, what else motive would there be other than sexual when 3 women were kidnapped? Clearly, robbery wasn't the motive. What else could it be?

To me, what else motive would there be other than sexual when 3 women were kidnapped? Clearly, robbery wasn't the motive. What else could it be?

My first thought would be to keep Suzie from testifying about the grave robbing activities and other assorted activities.

Stacy was almost certainly collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member