Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all, I caught attention of Raven Aboroa when someone on another thread mentioned they were watching the trial. So went to youtube, saw opening arguments, and heard Websleuths mentioned IN the openings!! So that really peaked my interest. Then I came on here and read through this thread, found out last jury was hung.

My question is has the re-trial begun or does anyone know when it's starting? Can someone just give me a "status update" on this case? TIA! I would really like to follow the re-trial.

It is Croakerqueen that recorded the trial as it happened in April of this year. The 2nd trial will start in January 2014. What you are watching now is just a "replay" so to speak.

Hi all, I caught attention of Raven Aboroa when someone on another thread mentioned they were watching the trial. So went to youtube, saw opening arguments, and heard Websleuths mentioned IN the openings!! So that really peaked my interest. Then I came on here and read through this thread, found out last jury was hung.

My question is has the re-trial begun or does anyone know when it's starting? Can someone just give me a "status update" on this case? TIA! I would really like to follow the re-trial.

I began watching this trial also on youtube a few days ago. I thought this trial was new but i found out it happened earlier this year. Anyway, i also wonder what happened, i am unsure if i should continue watching as no verdict was made. I guess they did not know what to do, i am so confused. I am waiting fof someone to explain to about news on this lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Hi aa :). January 13, 2014 is the date given in the article about the hearing. Not sure if that will be the first pretrial hearing or if those will be scheduled before and jury selection begins then. Anyone from NC know if they have a website like AZ where we can look up the docket?

I began watching this trial also on youtube a few days ago. I thought this trial was new but i found out it happened earlier this year. Anyway, i also wonder what happened, i am unsure if i should continue watching as no verdict was made. I guess they did not know what to do, i am so confused. I am waiting fof someone to explain to about news on this lol

Welcome Islandmixed :)!

I watched this trial, Charlene the Prosecutor is pretty tuff stuff at times, not as brass and sassy as Juan Martinez (Arias trial prosecutor) but worth watching just the same. I'd graze through it just as a primer for the upcoming retrial, WRAL.com probably has all of the video archives, they do a really good job of that. If you're intrigued by G. Hayes, Raven will surely catch your attention and make an impression. lol

I watched this trial, Charlene the Prosecutor is pretty tuff stuff at times, not as brass and sassy as Juan Martinez (Arias trial prosecutor) but worth watching just the same. I'd graze through it just as a primer for the upcoming retrial, WRAL.com probably has all of the video archives, they do a really good job of that. If you're intrigued by G. Hayes, Raven will surely catch your attention and make an impression. lol

The GHayes trial was fantastic and I surely will follow the Abaroa trial. We are all now on verdict watch for the Hayes and Chrisman trials ! So many trials, so little time. LOL.

I agree, I will also skimp over the Abaroa trial now on You Tube. However, I found plenty and plenty of coverage from Raven when he had media presentations. I found him strange.

Thank you:)

I cannot believe its been tried again, what happened? maybe i should watch lol. i am on day 2 i think and more is being posted daily. I was so intrigued by GH trial and sneiderman, been my first two trials, beside the zimmerman one. Guess ill go and watch the rest since you have influenced me to lol Cheers

The GHayes trial was fantastic and I surely will follow the Abaroa trial. We are all now on verdict watch for the Hayes and Chrisman trials ! So many trials, so little time. LOL.

I agree, I will also skimp over the Abaroa trial now on You Tube. However, I found plenty and plenty of coverage from Raven when he had media presentations. I found him strange.

LOL so little time and i start school for the year next Monday. I never watched the chrisman trial, it seemed very slow, caught me off guard but the hayes trial, i am waiting today! Verdict please...

He had media presentations? Red flag, red flag!

Thanks you all for your responses, they were really helpful!! I am definately planning on watching the re-trial in January...oh boy, what if the Arias trial is also in January??? We'll have two big ones to juggle!

I'll probably just watch bits and pieces of the last trial, not gonna go through everything. Maybe that will be better for the second trial, I'll get everything for the first time and maybe see how the new jury is viewing it, maybe?

See you all in January or sooner!

LOL so little time and i start school for the year next Monday. I never watched the chrisman trial, it seemed very slow, caught me off guard but the hayes trial, i am waiting today! Verdict please...

islandmixed - :seeya:- Good Morning -- I don't wanna take u away from Hayes, but here is the local -- Raleigh, NC, USA (!) - archive for the Abaroa case:

http://www.wral.com/search/?qs=Abaroa+trial&d_filter=all&d_sort=oldest&d_since=&d_site=1

To get this ^^, I went first to wral.com and when I got that screen, I put in "Abaroa trial" in the SEARCH line, slightly to the right of upper center on their home page. You can do "Grant Hayes trial" etc., etc., or whatever to try to find others. WRAL only does local (Raleigh -- Wake County & a few other counties with which they have access to live-stream set-ups, but you can always try...).

Their archives are good ones, and WRAL is a good MSM source -- not some type of hype-machine station, etc.

If you need a juicy list, I'm sure lotsa folks on WS can give you lotsa trials!

See you at Hayes!

Justice for Laura!!

I ran across these 4 videos, each approximately 30 minutes long. It's an uncut/unedited Interview with Raven Araboa talking at length about himself and Janet beginning with the day they met. I've only seen the 1st video so the next 3 will be interesting although it makes me sick to see and hear him speak of Janet.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/5138551/
Raven Abaroa talks to Fox 50's NC Wanted in October 2007 about his life with his late wife, Janet Christiansen Abaroa, and her death.

Raven Abaroa interview (Part 1)
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/2045849/#/vid2045849
May 13, 2009

Raven Abaroa interview (Part 2)
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/2088381/#/vid2088381
May 13, 2009

Raven Abaroa interview (Part 3)
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/2100343/#/vid2100343
May 13, 2009

Raven Abaroa interview (Part 4)
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/2116142/#/vid2116142
May 13, 2009

IT sure is and I cannot wait; for justice in this case. :grouphug:

January almost over, and I can't find anything on the re-trial on google.
Anyone have an update? I wonder what happened to the January retrial date.

10 more days......please God let there be justice for Janet and her unborn child.

My thoughts and prayers to Janet's family and all who loved her as this trial draws near. May you have the strength to get through it all.

Skittles was reporting in the media thread that trial was delayed til march because they FORGOT TO SEND OUT JURY SUBPOENAS. dear mother of baby jesus, that was estooooopid.

Thank you:)

I cannot believe its been tried again, what happened? maybe i should watch lol. i am on day 2 i think and more is being posted daily. I was so intrigued by GH trial and sneiderman, been my first two trials, beside the zimmerman one. Guess ill go and watch the rest since you have influenced me to lol Cheers

The state prosecutor was awful in Abaroa I. Mani Dexter , the defense counsel, is a force to be reckoned with. It seems fairly obvious what happened in this caseL

HYPOTHETICAL:

Possible meeting discussing insurance money, encouraging a third party to perform the act, freeing up the protagonist with alibi. THird party faioled to take any items of value, wallet, items of value left behind, calling into question - why and who?>\Seems like a no brainer.

(end)

The csi girl in this case is weak... I think there's a good chance she could be exposed again... she is all ober the place, unclear... mistakes. Mani Dex will strike.

When is the re0trial, there is zero coverage at court chatter and wild.

When is the retrial?

Thanks for your help (smile)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitB