MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm following what you're arguing, she was kidnapped by lure through the pay phone call after he bought a pregnancy test, and now she's gone after meeting him at the boat landing. I realize there's more evidence than that, but I'm referring to the critical chain of events right before her disappearance that the state says makes SM her kidnapper.

If I was juror, I'd be asking myself this: If she was being kidnapped by lure to PTL for whatever purpose, what was she doing messing with her Tumblr, driving to a restaurant and hanging out, leaving, going back, going home, then calling SM, then deciding to drive to PTL? If the pregnancy test was part of the mission for SM, where does it fit? Certainly not PTL.

My problem would be that the gap between the lure call and PTL, and the fact that no one can show me who was in the truck, casts reasonable doubt on who was doing what that night from what phone and what vehicle at what time. I wouldn't have trouble concluding that SM's involved in a crime against Heather. I'd have trouble taking the circumstantial trail I was given and linking up SM and Heather at PTL after she journeyed around post-lure call and we have no idea who else was moving around at the same time. It's the additional passage of time and other events in between, plus the gap in where SM, not his phone or his truck, was during this time that would give me pause.

There was a second call between Heather and Sidney's phone at 3:17 that lasted 4 minutes. Immediately after the call, Heather went straight to PTL. Heather would never of talked with Tammy for 4 minutes or met Tammy at PTL at that time of night or any where. It had to be Sidney she talked to at 3:17 and Sidney she planned on meeting at PTL

This is just my opinion but one thing that I am convinced of is that SM is a liar. He is a lying liar who lies. If his mouth is open he is lying. He lied to TM, he lied to HE, he lied to the police. heck he even lied to the reporter who he gave an interview to the second day of trial. (His claim that impregnating HE was impossible, that he and TM had been trying for a long time for another baby,and that's why he bought a EPT at WM in the middle of the night and then she miraculously conceived, but lost the baby while in jail where she refused medical care. Whatta story!)

I can hear the old Lady on 'The Princess Bride" hollering "LYAHHH! LYAAAH! every time he speaks. MOO

I know nothing about this case except for the trial.

As a juror I would find him guilty of the charge.

The evidence is there to convict, I couldn't be swayed and would do my best to help other jurors understand the evidence.

IMO SM places himself in the crime of kidnapping that night. No one else. TM might have helped plan it but he carried it out.

No other conclusion for me to arrive at.

Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panacea...Haha...looks like we posted at the same time. Great minds and all.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I cant believe the video was not transcribed either for the jury. The jury needs some good clear documents to see and that was one of my biggest complaints about the states case. I do wonder if this judge limited things and maybe that is why the prosecution team could not give a transcript. If judge did things like that then he needs to be removed from the bench.

Maybe it's a SC thing - or Horry County thing? We asked for things like that, too, but all they would do is let us go back into courtroom and re-watch or re-listen to things. I remember clearly "re-listening" because they couldn't get their system to work and it made it all but impossible to hear - we had to ask for them to play it a second time. (That time (because of audio issues) we were allowed to take notes thank goodness!)

There was a second call between Heather and Sidney's phone at 3:17 that lasted 4 minutes. Immediately after the call, Heather went straight to PTL. Heather would never of talked with Tammy for 4 minutes or met Tammy at PTL at that time of night or any where. It had to be Sidney she talked to at 3:17 and Sidney she planned on meeting at PTL

Totally agree!

I also hope the jury keeps in mind that SM called HE almost immediately after her date left. How would SM know the date left unless he was stalking her that night?

I also hope the jury keeps in mind that SM called HE almost immediately after her date left. How would SM know the date left unless he was stalking her that night?
I thought this too, BUT how could he be stalking her to see when her date left AND across town at the payphone at the same time?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I need to go to the grocery store but I know they'll file in the minute I leave and I'll miss it. GRRRR!

I know nothing about this case except for the trial.

As a juror I would find him guilty of the charge.

The evidence is there to convict, I couldn't be swayed and would do my best to help other jurors understand the evidence.

IMO SM places himself in the crime of kidnapping that night. No one else. TM might have helped plan it but he carried it out.

No other conclusion for me to arrive at.

Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so glad you chimed in because I was just thinking, "I kinda wish I knew nothing about this before this trial so I'd have an idea how the jurors are thinking and how they have perceived everything."

Thank you!!

I fear for a generation of people who are hooked on TV shows in which the case is always solved in 42 min, there is always forensic evidence linking perp to victim, and there's usually a "gotcha" DNA moment. They think all cases should be this way and if they aren't then there's "reasonable doubt." These are often the same people who opine that guilt must be established "beyond a shadow of a doubt."

I understand what you are saying. In addition to the gotcha DNA moment, in this particular case, when you hear things like "can't prove he was in the truck", "I can't figure out what she was doing at the Dumpster at Longbeards", "what was she doing in between calls" I have to wonder if people on the jury are letting their minds wander to those type of things. It seems to me if they focus on the chain of evidence presented to them, they would have those doubts cleared. To me, if you put the phone call together with the fact of Heather's fear of TM then it would only be SM in the truck. What she was doing at the restaurant and what she was doing in between calls would be allayed by the fact ultimately the truck and Heather's car were at PTL and then she went poof. I just hope the jurors focus on what both the solicitor and SM's lawyer touched upon in court and not stuff they may have thought about garnered from the news media or even worse online. I know probably all of the jurors have heard of the case.

So if SM was working at Sticky Fingers that night, and even if they found out he was not, why have we heard nothing from the manager of Sticky Fingers?

Yes, I know there was a second call.

Let's HOPE they are going through things enough to put those pieces together!!

I also agree with whoever said - the longer the jury is out -- the more likely a guilty verdict vs not guilty.

(IMO)It's pretty easy if there's 1, 2 or 3 holdouts for guilty - and 9 for not guilty. Easier on the conscious to give up the fight for the person being guilty - hard to live with yourself thinking you may be fighting to send an innocent prison to jail - so easier to change your vote to not guilty.

The only other verdict watch I've ever followed was in the James Holmes trial. In that one, they announced a verdict had been reached 4 hours prior to it being read to give the family members time to get there. It was nice having a heads up to know I should watch at a specific time.

JMO Ditto on SM being a big liar. He is much more devious and sneaky than I had thought. First words out his mouth is "ill be honest". Huge sign that he is thinking of being dishonest. See how quick he had told them he saved texts from HE father. He was doing LOTS of things about the evidence trail IMO. Many actions taken about evidence trail of phones.

Yes, SM called Heather from the pay phone to lure her to PTL, she hung out, posted poetry, called the number he called from, went to a restaurant, drove more, went home, and called SM and went to PTL.

Maybe, maybe not. I would be wondering who she encountered in her pre-PTL activities that were not about meeting SM at PTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member