MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind telling me what were those media antics? I came in late to this sad case

I don't think any of us could ever begin to explain.

This couple (specifically TM) posted numerous things on FB that were vicious beyond belief about Heather. Things that no innocent, halfway decent person would ever say about a missing 19 year old girl who was presumed dead. TM essentially pointed the finger at herself with her very first post about HE on FB, and that was posted at least a month before the Ms were even arrested... and before most of us even know who they were. It was the gut wrenching shock heard 'round the world.

ETA: If you do a Google image search of her name, you will find screenshots of that initial FB post and probably a lot more than that!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#MoorerTrial - I have NEVER seen a judge shake the hand of a defendant once the jury went back to deliberate. WTH?!!

Clqwmd7UYAAeb-i.jpg

Really? Is that why Truslow kept saying she's charged with kidnapping too? To make jury think that if they don't find SM guilty that TM will still be facing a trial and she's the real guilty one.

I think he was saying that to throw some reasonable doubt in. But that's not why I don't think there will be a trial if he's found not guilty. I think the prosecution will think, "if we coudln't convict him, we'll never convict her" and will drop it. My opinion is they will have a hard time getting a conviction of TM even if SM has one, so if he doesn't??? No way. This is all my opinion.

Thank you all for the excellent coverage of the trial! Fingers crossed for a guilty verdict!

Absolutely. The rage that was shown in those posts on SM was amazing. I felt the rage halfway across the country. Pure hatred and rage. Much more than someone simply mad at someone. It was a rage deep enough to commit murder and I felt it from those words she gave.

Then the silly woman realizes.....uh oh.....better not be saying some of this. It was a classic giveaway.

Yes!!! In addition she lied about many things we now know could not be true. A lot of look over there, not here. If you are innocent, why bother?

(This is in response to a post from the previous thread where someone said they were confident he'd be found guilty before the trial started but now believes he won't be.)

I'm the complete opposite.
I didn't even want to read about or watch the trial because I was so nervous about it. I didn't think the state had a strong enough case to convict him, and it made me sick to think he might be found not guilty. But, after hearing about the pregnancy test purchase right before the payphone call, the testimony from the expert explaining the headlight identification, and hearing about the new camera system, his phone being powered off, and his headlights being replaced after her disappearance... there's no way. Those cannot all just be coincidence. There's just no freaking way. His defense team can throw TM under the bus all they want to because the fact of the matter is there is no way he wasn't complicit in this even if she was the brains behind it---because SIDNEY is the person who made the phone call that initiated contact with her and caused her to leave her apartment.

Nice summary as to why a guilty vote.

And I'll add her friend/roommate's testimony that SM lured this young woman out of her house that particular early morning with the married man's magic phrase: I've left my wife, I miss you and I want to be with you...

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago
#MoorerTrial - Let's also not forget the judge allowed a friend of defense attorney Kirk Truslow to sit on this jury over State objection.

eta, I know this isn't new info, just wanted to add Cathy's thoughts here..

(This is in response to a post from the previous thread where someone said they were confident he'd be found guilty before the trial started but now believes he won't be.)

I'm the complete opposite.
I didn't even want to read about or watch the trial because I was so nervous about it. I didn't think the state had a strong enough case to convict him, and it made me sick to think he might be found not guilty. But, after hearing about the pregnancy test purchase right before the payphone call, the testimony from the expert explaining the headlight identification, and hearing about the new camera system, his phone being powered off, and his headlights being replaced after her disappearance... there's no way. Those cannot all just be coincidence. There's just no freaking way. His defense team can throw TM under the bus all they want to because the fact of the matter is there is no way he wasn't complicit in this even if she was the brains behind it---because SIDNEY is the person who made the phone call that initiated contact with her and caused her to leave her apartment.

You have a good list there. Would be nice to add a list up of all the things that point to guilty. Putting yours list of things below in bullet form and adding some other things.

Things that point to SM Guilt:

-SM initiated the contact to HE from a Payphone to ask her to meet him as confirmed from Bri testimony.
-SMs call caused her to leave her apartment
-pregnancy test purchase right before the payphone call
-testimony from the expert explaining the headlight identification was his truck
-his truck is seen going to/from Landing right after calls to HE and HE car ends up at Landing
-new camera system installed a couple days after she goes missing
-his phone being powered off at critical times
-headlights being replaced shortly after her disappearance
-SM and TM go to SM to spew hatred shortly after she goes missing
-SM alleges people are shooting at him and his family on back roads and LE finds no evidence to confirm
-GPS data missing from truck module .

I'm not worried about this person, especially after hearing the judge speak about the directed verdict, and he's a friend of the Moorer family.

Don't you think the person on the jury and the way the judge speaking about the directed verdict are apples and oranges? The judge has to follow the law and if he doesn't the case could be reversed. The friend on the other hand does not have those concerns, providing he does not violate the rules of a juror. If he is a hold out, there are no consequences for him.

Don't you think the person on the jury and the way the judge speaking about the directed verdict are apples and oranges? The judge has to follow the law and if he doesn't the case could be reversed. The friend on the other hand does not have those concerns, providing he does not violate the rules of a juror. If he is a hold out, there are no consequences for him.

Excellent point!

All of the other jurors know who this person is, surely they will realize if he's the defense atty friend and only hold out there is a problem. What is the juries recourse, anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia