MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's 3 types of data that were used to determine cell phone location in this case.

1. Cell tower - as a cell phone connects it will ping off a tower and that allows investigators to determine general area of a cell phone

2. GPS - GPS data from the cell phone, which can be accessed by investigators to determine the phone's exact position.

3. 'Locations' - A Google feature on Android phones that tracks places you've been and stores it. It's another tool to determine where the cell phone has been, geographically.

When you have 2 data points, it's very strong evidence proving cell phone location. Cell tower ping is the least accurate, because it doesn't locate down to the individual street or spot, but it's very good to prove someone who had the cell phone was in an area.

:(

Heather Elvis' family remembers her on her 23rd birthday

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Heather Elvis’ sister penned an emotional letter in honor of her sibling and posted it to Facebook on Thursday, her 23rd birthday.

The post from Morgan Elvis began by saying, “Heather, your belongings sit sealed tight in plastic containers inside your bedroom and in corners around the house.”

Morgan Elvis went on to write she was grateful she and her sister grew up in a family, “so strong, so faithful.”

“Happy Birthday Heather,” Morgan Elvis wrote. “If there's one thing I want you to know, it's that I have and will always love you unconditionally, and given the opportunity, I'd trade me for you. Someday I'll be back by your side.”

much more at the link and on FB

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32349...23rd-birthday?clienttype=generic&sf30049408=1

There's 3 types of data that were used to determine cell phone location in this case.

1. Cell tower - as a cell phone connects it will ping off a tower and that allows investigators to determine general area of a cell phone

2. GPS - GPS data from the cell phone, which can be accessed by investigators to determine the phone's exact position.

3. 'Locations' - A Google feature on Android phones that tracks places you've been and stores it. It's another tool to determine where the cell phone has been, geographically.

When you have 2 data points, it's very strong evidence proving cell phone location. Cell tower ping is the least accurate, because it doesn't locate down to the individual street or spot, but it's very good to prove someone who had the cell phone was in an area.

Pretty much, except very few cell phones actually use GPS/true GPS. Most use aGPS and the a stands for assisted GPS, meaning the use cell phone towers to triangulate where the persons is.

While aGPS is much faster, it is not nearly as accurate as GPS which does not rely on cell phone towers, It uses satellites and that is why it takes longer to lock in on a satellite/4 GPS is much more accurate as to pinpointing an exact spot while aGPS gives a good idea of a precise location.

Pretty much, except very few cell phones actually use GPS/true GPS. Most use aGPS and the a stands for assisted GPS, meaning the use cell phone towers to triangulate where the persons is.

While aGPS is much faster, it is not nearly as accurate as GPS which does not rely on cell phone towers, It uses satellites and that is why it takes longer to lock in on a satellite/4 GPS is much more accurate as to pinpointing an exact spot while aGPS gives a good idea of a precise location.

I've never heard of "assisted GPS". I've always thought that GPS is satellite based. JMO

The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

I don't know what my iphone uses but it's crazy accurate. I've used it to find my way around big cities and it's accurate to the very spot I'm standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of "assisted GPS". I've always thought that GPS is satellite based. JMO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

GPS is satellite based, off of 4 satellites, that is why it is slower, for example if you have a handheld device (Garmin) they take a little time to lock in on a satellite, especially indoors, I remember placing mine in the window to get a faster lock. With aGPS, over 90% of all cell phones use, it is much faster as it only has to use cell phone towers to triangulate your location. However cell phones will use your data, whereas GPS uses satellites that are free as long as you own your device.

and yes aGPS can be very accurate to a very close proximity, GPS can pinpoint to within 3 feet.

Just looked at my location history for a couple weeks.

Home --- Work --- Errands --- Work --- Home

Geez how boring.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Zzzzzzz.

Just looked at my location history for a couple weeks.

Home --- Work --- Errands --- Work --- Home

Geez how boring.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Zzzzzzz.

Madelaine74 mine would look like this as well. LOL Love your post

I don't know what my iphone uses but it's crazy accurate. I've used it to find my way around big cities and it's accurate to the very spot I'm standing.

Mine too and I always thought I had to pay extra to get that, but I don't. Gotta love cell phones!!

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline
you will need to be logged into your google account
that is on a PC

on your phone - bring up google maps
touch the three bars on the left hand side of the box where you would enter text to search
select Your Timeline
it shows you today by default, but you can change that at the top
This only works if you have "location" turned on. I rarely turn mine on, because it's a pretty big battery drain.

images

:(

Heather Elvis' family remembers her on her 23rd birthday

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Heather Elvis’ sister penned an emotional letter in honor of her sibling and posted it to Facebook on Thursday, her 23rd birthday.

The post from Morgan Elvis began by saying, “Heather, your belongings sit sealed tight in plastic containers inside your bedroom and in corners around the house.”

Morgan Elvis went on to write she was grateful she and her sister grew up in a family, “so strong, so faithful.”

“Happy Birthday Heather,” Morgan Elvis wrote. “If there's one thing I want you to know, it's that I have and will always love you unconditionally, and given the opportunity, I'd trade me for you. Someday I'll be back by your side.”

much more at the link and on FB

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32349...23rd-birthday?clienttype=generic&sf30049408=1

What a beautifully profound tribute from sister to sister. So bittersweet. ❤️

I have just been thinking about the retrial, the separate OOJ trial and the trial for violating the gag order. What a waste of resources.

I still do not understand the legality for the separate trial for OOJ?

Is there a legal reason for the trial for the violation of the gag order? Will that be a jury trial? It wasn't at the judge's discretion to render punishment at the time he spoke to SM in the court about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarcWahlberg