MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it is proof, but TM said she had been having him followed since 2012? I just assumed that was because he had probably cheated on her a few times.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
No disrespect, but you're right - it's not proof. It's just a drunken narcissist making a claim to her husband's ex-mistress via text message. I don't believe the claim, personally. Previously, I said I could maybe see her tracking his phone, but I highly doubt she paid someone to follow him. It would take hard proof for me to believe her.

Archer is the sixth or seventh person, that I know of, that has said the same. For me, it is really easy to understand why Heather may have been untruthful about the conversation she had with SM.

Archer said she also found Elvis’ former roommate Brianna Warrelmann’s testimony unreliable because she thought Elvis may not have been truthful with Warrelmann during the call she made after receiving a payphone call from Moorer.

BBM - I have also heard that said. Although I wonder about that. I guess I am saying how can the juror really hang on that Heather may not have been truthful, so they found Bri's testimony unreliable? It's just my opinion, but I don't understand the logic in that, speaking strictly weighing Bri's testimony. I mean Heather was not there to impeach Bri? I feel like if she said she found Bri's testimony unreliable because of Bri's honesty or if she felt her testimony was impeached in the courtroom. It is also my opinion that this juror brought in things they were aware of in the case, but were not evidence or testimony in the trial.

I thought he was a good Judge myself. I like to see a Judge in control of his/her courtroom. I think the hostility for this Judge started when he granted the M's bail. It escalated when he allowed them to move to Florida. It has been said the M's were a menace to the community. If so, I would think the community would be glad to see them go.
I think you would be surprised by how many people here don't even recognize the name "Moorers" in passing conversation. Usually, if you say "the couple who's suspected of killing Heather Elvis," you get an "oh, right" in response. Most people need context in regards to those two.

I understood why they were let out on bail, even if I didn't like it. I was a little relieved when they moved to Florida, because that meant I wouldn't see them anywhere and have to attempt to hide my disgust. What I wasn't, though, was bitter or hostile in regards to Judge Dennis for those two decisions. The first problem I had with him, as an "honorable" judge was when it came out that he was former friends with SM's father. It would have been honorable for him to step aside. The second time I had a major problem with him was when I watched the way he treated Livesay vs. how he treated Truslow. I had to muzzle my inner voice, which was screaming "you sexist p.o.s!"

I think you would be surprised by how many people here don't even recognize the name "Moorers" in passing conversation. Usually, if you say "the couple who's suspected of killing Heather Elvis," you get an "oh, right" in response. Most people need context in regards to those two.

I understood why they were let out on bail, even if I didn't like it. I was a little relieved when they moved to Florida, because that meant I wouldn't see them anywhere and have to attempt to hide my disgust. What I wasn't, though, was bitter or hostile in regards to Judge Dennis for those two decisions. The first problem I had with him, as an "honorable" judge was when it came out that he was former friends with SM's father. It would have been honorable for him to step aside. The second time I had a major problem with him was when I watched the way he treated Livesay vs. how he treated Truslow. I had to muzzle my inner voice, which was screaming "you sexist p.o.s!"
Quoting myself to say that the second major problem I had with him was actually when he allowed KT's friend to be seated on the jury. The lopsided treatment of Livesay was 3rd.

Is it okay to refer to the comment at the end of the article linked?

Is it okay to refer to the comment at the end of the article linked?
I'm not sure. Mods? The comment at the bottom of the article is made by one of the jurors. Are we allowed to discuss it?

scmom, I PM'd one of the moderators from this forum.

Quoting myself to say that the second major problem I had with him was actually when he allowed KT's friend to be seated on the jury. The lopsided treatment of Livesay was 3rd.

Agreed with that as well.

The M's getting bail with the ankle monitors was (to me) fine since that ensured they would be in court when it was time to do so. And them moving to FL was weird, but not that big of a deal.

My issue with the judge stems from the following:

1. The judge talking ad-nauseum where it's all about hiz honor and hiz honor's stories.
2. The judge refusing to recuse himself when it was brought up he knows/went to school with SM's father.
3. The judge not allowing the state to rightfully excuse a potential juror with a conflict and forcing the state to accept the juror. I mean, seriously?
4. The judge's obvious bias against females and female attorneys and his rude and condescending treatment of them.
5. The judge not allowing the female state attorney to complete her closing argument and cutting her off rudely and in front of the jury
6. The judge shaking the hand of the defendant. Who does that?

BBM - I have also heard that said. Although I wonder about that. I guess I am saying how can the juror really hang on that Heather may not have been truthful, so they found Bri's testimony unreliable? It's just my opinion, but I don't understand the logic in that, speaking strictly weighing Bri's testimony. I mean Heather was not there to impeach Bri? I feel like if she said she found Bri's testimony unreliable because of Bri's honesty or if she felt her testimony was impeached in the courtroom. It is also my opinion that this juror brought in things they were aware of in the case, but were not evidence or testimony in the trial.

The Juror didn't say she had any problem with Bri's honesty. BBM

Archer said she also found Elvis’ former roommate Brianna Warrelmann’s testimony unreliable because she thought Elvis may not have been truthful with Warrelmann during the call she made after receiving a payphone call from Moorer.

A Juror can reject all or part of any witness testimony for any reason.The Juror didn't have to bring in anything they were aware of, that was not in testimony, in order to reach this conclusion. The testimony was there that may have led this Juror to believe Heather may have been untruthful. Are you having a problem believing Heather may have been untruthful?

Should have been a mistrial from the start IMO.

Next trial needs to move out of SC with a new Prosecutor to boot.

Should have been a mistrial from the start IMO.

Next trial needs to move out of SC with a new Prosecutor to boot.

I totally agree with you about the change of venue and a new prosecutor. I don't know about the venue change but I think a new prosecutor is very likely.

Folks you can direct members to comments but the comments aren't up for discussion.

HTH and Happy 4th! :fireworks:

Folks you can direct members to comments but the comments aren't up for discussion.

HTH and Happy 4th! :fireworks:

Happy 4th to you too, CP!

And the comment under the article is a must read, yowza yet not all that surprising.

Bri was a very good witness in that she was consistent in her testimony, she repeated what was said to her in that call, she admitted her own anger at Heather even picking up the phone when that mystery call came in.

As far as Heather not being truthful... how does it change the fact that a crime occurred?

Heather was allegedly upset and crying and she was apparently not expecting to hear from SM. So if SM says something (anything) to encourage or persuade her to come out that early morning and she is led into a trap of some kind (even if he didn't personally plan the trap itself), he's still guilty under the law. Not believing the victim is a little bit of victim-blaming by jurors, IMO. But even if one is convinced there's more to the story than what Heather told Bri, how does that change what happened to Heather into not being a crime?

Did Heather consent to being 'disappeared?' Did Heather consent to being removed from wherever it occurred and consent to being kept from getting back to her car and back to her apartment? If no then a crime occurred.

The trajectory of Heather's car & cell phone and SM's truck both heading to PTL around the same time doesn't change. Heather being disappeared (harmed) doesn't change. None of it makes SM innocent if SM participated in or allowed harm to come to Heather that early morning. Thus a juror's opinion about Heather's truthfulness is irrelevant because the end result doesn't change.

You are just one person. There was strong disapproval for his decision to grant the M's bail and his decision to allow them to move out of state. I am basing this on the reactions I read here. Recently someone made the comment that the M's are a menace to the community. I assumed that opinion was shared by many. :) I believe some people were opposed to this Judge from the start.

Wow. That comment is a must read!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

...and the truth starts to come out. Hope the Media interviews her personally.

Not surprising, just confirming what most of us already knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Juror didn't say she had any problem with Bri's honesty. BBM

A Juror can reject all or part of any witness testimony for any reason.The Juror didn't have to bring in anything they were aware of, that was not in testimony, in order to reach this conclusion. The testimony was there that may have led this Juror to believe Heather may have been untruthful. Are you having a problem believing Heather may have been untruthful?

My problem is I don't really understand how that was gleaned from Bri's testimony. And while it's possible Heather may not have been truthful, I do have a problem being able to tell so from Bri's testimony.

Agreed with that as well.

The M's getting bail with the ankle monitors was (to me) fine since that ensured they would be in court when it was time to do so. And them moving to FL was weird, but not that big of a deal.

My issue with the judge stems from the following:

1. The judge talking ad-nauseum where it's all about hiz honor and hiz honor's stories.
2. The judge refusing to recuse himself when it was brought up he knows/went to school with SM's father.
3. The judge not allowing the state to rightfully excuse a potential juror with a conflict and forcing the state to accept the juror. I mean, seriously?
4. The judge's obvious bias against females and female attorneys and his rude and condescending treatment of them.
5. The judge not allowing the female state attorney to complete her closing argument and cutting her off rudely and in front of the jury
6. The judge shaking the hand of the defendant. Who does that?

I agree with 1 through 6. However, I started having problems with the good judge before the trial. I started not liking the judge in the bond reconsideration hearing. Do you see any of that? I swear he interrupted Livesay 3 words into a sentence. I don't think she got a complete sentence in without an interruption. He also was very long winded in his folk tales at that proceeding. Someone (here) said he is the type of person if you ran into at a cocktail party you would never get away from. I had a good laugh from that. Thanks whoever it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member