MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read that the state had used their strikes, anyone else read that?

I have not read that. I was trying to find the blog of the first day, but haven't been able to. I did find this - One of the jurors is a friend of Moorer's attorney, Kirk Truslow. While the state requested that he be dismissed, the judge said no, because the man said his relationship would not compromise his decisions.

If they used up all of their strikes I think it would have said the judge said no because they used thier allocated strikes? Other than the objection by the state from the live blog I was looking at, IIRC it seems the judge chose the jury. He asked all the questions and excused people after raising their hands for different reasons.

Yeah no kidding! And there was no evidence Heather had called him in the weeks before. So he calls her at 1:35am as she returns from a date to tell her to "stop calling him?" huh? Does that really make sense? "I know we haven't talked in awhile and all, but seriously... stop calling me!" Yeah, right. Allegedly he did not have control of his own cell phone, that phone was off at least some portion of their 3 week trip, and they were back mere days before this all went down. WHEN exactly did Heather call SM and why is there no record of this?

Because she never did. Their entire theory is bs. She was moving on. She was dating that kid. Sher was over his lame *advertiser censored* and drama.

Been trying to find out who the person sitting next to the judge was. Im thinking its his daughter but cant find out for sure.

It is just so bizarre as I have never seen someone sit so close to a judge before so wondering if that is his daughter and he is giving her on the job training or something. If that ends up being his daughter and she is not legally hired into a proper position where she should be sitting there during a trial then this maybe the avenue the Elvis family needs to get the judge thrown off the case at least and get a new judge.

I did find some other interesting things. It appears this judge has a past history with female attorneys. He threatened to throw another female attorney in jail for contempt. He has no business talking about sarcasm with the sarcasm he displayed himself with him raising his voice unprofessionally to the prosecution attorney in the HE case.

"Dennis told Landess: “You are getting very close to spending some time somewhere else,"
"We’ll take about a five minute break in the case because you are about to go to jail. Your sarcasm is oozing,” he said. "

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120613/PC16/120619553

Below is the link the Elvis family tried to get him removed from the case with their own petition before trial started. It has 3,516 signatures.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/remove-markley-dennis

I also used to think this was planned and he lured her.

Until I heard the state's case at trial.

So, now I'm trying to imagine a scenario where the affair ended, the M's got their crazy relationship glued back together, went on a family vacay to their favorite place and then said, "You know, why let sleeping dogs lie. Let's risk all this and so much more, including our children, by killing Heather Elvis a week before Christmas."

In my view, if she was lured for the purpose of killing her, there was a precipitating event closer to the crime timeline. This means there was additional contact we don't know about, or SM called to resume the affair and got caught, or got into it with HE, or some other such drama. Something happened to escalate this to murder. JMO

Totally unrelated but I want to share. My family was involved in a lawsuit and the Judge was a friend. She removed herself from the trial because of that relationship and the appearance it would have made. IMO Judge Markley should have done the same. It shows his true character and how self-serving he is, otherwise why would he not do this? He tries hundreds of cases a year - why not move on??

I also used to think this was planned and he lured her.

Until I heard the state's case at trial.

So, now I'm trying to imagine a scenario where the affair ended, the M's got their crazy relationship glued back together, went on a family vacay to their favorite place and then said, "You know, why let sleeping dogs lie. Let's risk all this and so much more, including our children, by killing Heather Elvis a week before Christmas."

In my view, if she was lured for the purpose of killing her, there was a precipitating event closer to the crime timeline. This means there was additional contact we don't know about, or SM called to resume the affair and got caught, or got into it with HE, or some other such drama. Something happened to escalate this to murder. JMO

I gave up years ago on trying to understand how the mind of a murderer works...especially a psychopath or a narcissist. They don't think or feel like the rest of us do. And they don't think they're risking anything because they don't think they'll get caught. That the Moorers shut off phones, hid behind dumpsters to use a pay phone, did their deed in the middle of the night, removed surveillance cameras and removed data from the truck data 'module' proves to me IMO that they thought they covered their tracks and wouldn't get caught.

I think the state did an excellent job proving their case. It's more than enough for me anyway to convict them. We'll see if it's enough for 12 people in the next trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can you need to take a ride back there after dark... Even on River Oak there is not much lighting. Kind of eerie once you get past the shopping center on the road that leads to LB.

I gave up years ago on trying to understand how the mind of a murderer works...especially a psychopath or a narcissist. They don't think or feel like the rest of us do. And they don't think they're risking anything because they don't think they'll get caught. That the Moorers shut off phones, hid behind dumpsters to use a pay phone, did their deed in the middle of the night, removed surveillance cameras and removed data from the truck data 'module' proves to me IMO that they thought they covered their tracks and wouldn't get caught.

I think the state did an excellent job proving their case. It's more than enough for me anyway to convict them. We'll see if it's enough for 12 people in the next trial.

I think the minds of most murderers include strategies to not get caught, so it follows that they hid evidence. In that case, I'm not sure why SM thought he should hide his truck but not hide himself standing under lights using a pay phone, where there are cameras.

I also think in light of the state's failed DNA claim, loss of the IE charges, TM's Obstruction, the murder charges for both, this mistrial, and the lack of physical evidence of a crime or body, there's room for the state's re-consideration of the presentation of its case next time. Being married to theories and charges hasn't had a high success rate for them so far.

And I hope they can make a better case for Heather's entire timeline that morning, and produce the text messages that, according to the report, further prove that SM intended to lure Heather from home for the purpose of additional crimes against her. If no such texts exist, I hope the media is challenged since that alleged claim by the state is hanging out there now.

Why bother hiding behind dumpsters when he knew full well his image would be captured on camera???

Is the removal of IE charge part of the OJ charge because SM lied about them going around town having sex in the truck that night?

What was the quality of the video showing SM using the payphone?

What was the quality of the video showing SM using the payphone?

Very poor. If it wasn't for the Walmart video showing how he was dressed a few mins before, you wouldn't know it was him.

Bri's statement pretty much confirmed it too.

Is the removal of IE charge part of the OJ charge because SM lied about them going around town having sex in the truck that night?

All JMO

I am not sure but I found something very interesting.

The location of one of the Indecent Exposure incidents is exactly near the location of Longbeards restaurant.
These two are both involved in her disappearance IMO.

I think TMs rage with HE was boiling over upon learning of her possible pregnancy and SM was told to "fix it" for good. I think the indecent exposure charges are related to TMs rage and insecurity in hearing about HE getting possibly pregnant and in her sick mind she was wanting to force SM to have sex with her in the same places where he had sex with HE. She was still full of all kinds of rage I think which resulted in those actions.

The first link below shows the location of one of the Indecent Exposure incidents at Celebrity Circle because we have this in the report at the news link which I also included below both maps.
" The second set of warrants regarding the indecent exposure charges.......describe a second incident occurring near Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach."

The second map is the location of Longbeards which is basically down the road.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...14e2debf0532da!8m2!3d33.7183142!4d-78.8834164

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//33.7530817,-78.8620317/@33.7384744,-79.0238229,11z

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24799954/arrest-warrants-details-charges-in-heather-elvis-case

"two separate incidents between the dates of December 17 and 18,"
which is right around the time of HE disappearance.

These 2 are in it up to their eyeballs. IMO

Why bother hiding behind dumpsters when he knew full well his image would be captured on camera???

He didn't know? Or didn't think he'd be identified. He was wearing that hat pulled low.

He also didn't count on Heather calling her roommate telling her Sid had called from a number she didn't recognize. What a fool he was lol. As I type this out, it makes me even more sure he really thought he had his bases covered.

I am not sure but I found something very interesting.

The location of one of the Indecent Exposure incidents is exactly near the location of Longbeards restaurant.
These two are both involved in her disappearance IMO.

I think TMs rage with HE was still boiling over during the whole Disney trip and upon learning of her possible pregnancy when they got back then SM was told to "fix it" for good. I think the indecent exposure charges are related to TMs rage and insecurity in hearing about HE getting possibly pregnant and in her sick mind she was wanting to force SM to have sex with her in the same places where he had sex with HE. She was still full of all kinds of rage I think which resulted in those actions.

The first link below shows the location of one of the Indecent Exposure incidents at Celebrity Circle because we have this in the report at the news link which I also included below both maps.
" The second set of warrants regarding the indecent exposure charges use similar language to describe a second incident occurring near Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach."

The second map is the location of Longbeards which is basically down the road.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...14e2debf0532da!8m2!3d33.7183142!4d-78.8834164

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//33.7530817,-78.8620317/@33.7384744,-79.0238229,11z

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24799954/arrest-warrants-details-charges-in-heather-elvis-case

"two separate incidents between the dates of December 17 and 18,"
which is right around the time of HE disappearance.

These 2 are in it up to their eyeballs. IMO

Very interesting. Agree with your thoughts on their demented reasoning too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member