MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 20 & 21,2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if I were on the jury, I have seen and heard enough at this point to convict with a clear conscience. I have zero doubt that he kidnapped and murdered her. I've tried to approach this with an open mind and see if there's anything that would lead me to believe he might be innocent and what I've seen and heard points to him and TM and only them.

I agree, with the caveat, that I heard enough to believe SM is not innocent. TM I will have to wait for her trial to see. The unfortunate thing is she may be equally or more culpable for this, but the video and phone record evidence points directly to SM. The text message threats do point to TM, but I would have to see what they exactly say.

The payphone has spoken.

1zmcbki.jpg

Remember that time....
That I was an idiot and thought this was a legit photograph? Like the State had physically removed the phone and taken it into the courtroom as evidence? [emoji854][emoji23]

I think they showed the video continuously so as to demonstrate the roads were very quiet and only one vehicle within the crucial ten minute period passed those cameras.

I think you are right on the money. They kept the video up for that reason to show the light traffic that time of night. All through the proceedings they asked many witnesses if the roads - Peachtree, Highway 814 and Mill Pond Rds. were secondary. They all said yes. The main road in that area is Highway 544. They really tied that together, showing that many vehicles do not travel those roads at that time of night, let alone black trucks, just like SM's after making shady, sneaky payphone calls.

The pregnancy test is such important info adding a great deal to motive. Would the results of the test, pregnant or not, have mattered to save Heather? To me it seems the plan was already in place to do away with her, no matter what the results. What do you all think?

I just came up with a new 'what if' today. Since the time at PTL was so short and the cameras show him going back to the house... its always been a question.. how so fast and where did they put her since nothing was found at the house. New theory for me: SM picked her up at PTL and she got in willingly to talk... go for a drive, whatever. He took her back to their house and turned her over to TM's dad and TM. I think he is the 'missing link' and since they never searched PC and BC house...that i remember... there it is. He'd do anything for his habitual liar daughter.... and PC would def. make SM 'protect' their family by NOT throwing TM under the bus. Just a thought. Lots of new info coming out tho. GLAD it wasn't all out there for the public before and hope TM is sitting in her camper screaming her head off now that the world knows HE was more than the nasty things they said.

My mind is spinning. The pregnancy test and Walmart cameras really threw me for a loop. I'm impressed that that information wasn't leaked, as so many other things were. I do believe the phone call to Bri is going to be the kicker (and I do think it's going to be that SM was leaving TM for HE and the baby), but then it comes down to was it a lie to lure her, or did TM find out and ambush them. Could TM have even been hiding in the truck when he went to Walmart and then made the phone call, therefore knowing his plan all along??

I just came up with a new 'what if' today. Since the time at PTL was so short and the cameras show him going back to the house... its always been a question.. how so fast and where did they put her since nothing was found at the house. New theory for me: SM picked her up at PTL and she got in willingly to talk... go for a drive, whatever. He took her back to their house and turned her over to TM's dad and TM. I think he is the 'missing link' and since they never searched PC and BC house...that i remember... there it is. He'd do anything for his habitual liar daughter.... and PC would def. make SM 'protect' their family by NOT throwing TM under the bus. Just a thought. Lots of new info coming out tho. GLAD it wasn't all out there for the public before and hope TM is sitting in her camper screaming her head off now that the world knows HE was more than the nasty things they said.
I'm also still feeling very strongly that TM's Dad was involved. I just can't let go of his anger, his death & the kind of character type witnesses that came out through social media about him...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just watched the Walmart video.

Sidney was wearing a dark cap (looks like the one OJ wore when he committed the murders).

And what was with buying the cigar? Some kind of treat for himself after he disappeared Heather? Wonder if the remnants of that cigar were ever found or if he smoked it that morning?

smqcl2.jpg

I think somebody from here went to the payphone a month or two later and it was no longer working. Then more recently somebody drove by it and it was gone altogether. From my memory of payphones I came across a lot of them in my day that would work sometimes and have no dial tone at other times. It's hard to say if somebody intentionally broke it for SM, or if it just stopped working because it was not uncommon for that to happen in my experience.

It was me! :) And it definitely was not working when I checked it... there was no dial tone or nothin'.

Just watched the Walmart video.

Sidney was wearing a dark cap (looks like the one OJ wore when he committed the murders).

And what was with buying the cigar? Some kind of treat for himself after he disappeared Heather? Wonder if the remnants of that cigar were ever found or if he smoked it that morning?
I bet he put something illegal in that cigar to smoke to get up the nerve to do what he planned to do.

Just watched the testimony of Stefan (?) - Heather's date that night...he did well. Though I understand what KT is trying to do...it's coming off as desperate, to me anyway. The re-direct from prosecutor was great...lol

I hope this the puzzle pieces are going to start falling into place. The most logical thing would have been for SM to go to HE's apartment and have her take the test there. But it doesn't appear that happened, so he HAD to have taken her somewhere in his truck. But why would she have agreed to meet him at PTL to take a pregnancy test??

I was looking at the timeline thread and after he purchased the pregnancy test, he made the call to Heather from the payphone, then went home:

Wednesday, December 18, 2013:
1:19 AM surveillance footage of SM buying pregnancy test at Walmart. Paid with cash.
~1:30 -1:35 am – SS dropped HE off at her apartment, said she didn't answer any calls during their date, she was in a good mood but tired, not crying or upset
1:35 am – HE receives a call from SM; call was placed from a payphone & lasts 4.83 minutes
1:44 am – From her apartment, Heather called her roommate BW, who was in Florida, and spoke for 2.2 minutes; was crying and upset after the call from SM because she was trying to get her life back together after her affair with him and harassment by TM.
1:53 – 2:09 am – 10 posts are made to HE’s Tumblr account Ten posts
2:29am: Heather tried to call SM back at the pay phone number several times, but no one answered
3:16am: Heather tried to call SM's cell phone, no answer
3:17am: Heather called SM's cell phone and spoke with someone for 4.15 minutes; (Phone pings place HE’s phone at her house & SM’s phone at his house)
~3:21 am – HE drives to Peachtree Landing @ 6699 State Rd S-26-611
3:36am: A security camera at a private residence 1.7 miles from the M home recorded a distinctive late-model Ford F150 coming from that direction and heading toward Peachtree Landing
3:38-3:39am: Heather had arrived at Peachtree Landing and tried to call SM's cell phone four times, but there was no answer
3:39am: A security camera at a business 1.2 miles from Peachtree Landing recorded the Ford F150 heading toward the landing
3:41am: All data and GPS signals ended on Heather's phone
3:45am: The security camera at the same business location recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing
3:46am: The security camera at the same private residence recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing toward the M home

Just watched the testimony of Stefan (?) - Heather's date that night...he did well. Though I understand what KT is trying to do...it's coming off as desperate, to me anyway. The re-direct from prosecutor was great...lol

Yes, the defense is coming across a little desperate. Truslow tried his best to throw the LE officers off track. With each one, it became more obvious.

Oh snap, I just remembered we still have to hear from the M kid's friend. Plus the video expert & Bri so at least 3 more plus any we don't know about.

IMO

Am I the only one shocked to find out that there was an altercation in the Tilted Kilt parking lot between Heather, sm and tm? I've always read that Tammy attacked her, but never heard that sm was involved. Poor Heather..

Am I the only one shocked to find out that there was an altercation in the Tilted Kilt parking lot between Heather, sm and tm? I've always read that Tammy attacked her, but never heard that sm was involved. Poor Heather..

Who said this? Did I miss it?

Was the payphone call, after buying the pregnancy test, the first contact that we know of that occurred between Heather and SM?

Does anyone else think they could have met before then, with Heather telling Sidney she thought she was pregnant?

Yes, the payphone call is the first call we are aware of between SM and HE on that day. If there was a prior call from sometime before, that's not in evidence (yet).

No doubt SM and HE had some sort of contact or at least someone told SM that Heather was pregnant, if not she herself. He's not psychic, he was told.

Does anyone have the you tube link for today's testimony?
TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members