MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 20 & 21,2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is at all surprising. The only logical reaction from SM and the defense to the purchase is that it was for TM. Who knows what's up next for the pay phone call explanation, but the defense says he has an answer for everything and I'm sure he does.

I'm just interested as to how the defense is going to say that it was for TM. Unless they're on a suicide mission, they're not going to put TM or SM on the stand. So the big question is who is willing to commit perjury to say that TM thought she was pregnant on Dec. 18th?

I think one of the pieces of evidence that is damning for SM is on the police video interviewing him; SM handing over his phone and having them check that all calls were from HE and no calls were made from his phone. This is before he was a suspect and before they knew about the payphone. Any juror should put this together that the payphone call was done from the payphone as part of his alibi. This was planned. He also just hung TM with saying she was in Truck at Walmart because that means 15 minutes later she was in truck when he made payphone call and they did this together.

Yes, the more he uses the press as a forum to 'testify', the more desperate he looks (and is).

I really wonder how they're going to work out the 'I didn't want TM to know and TM was sitting right there' dilemma.

Exactly! However, I don't know how that would come in unless he or she testifies. Also being that he is on the news saying this, is there some way the state can bring this up? i doubt it, but it would be nice.

Now that you mention it, it was definitely CVS when I read it, not Walgreens. Got my drug stores mixed up!

Ha!
I wonder if that means we'll learn about another random nugget of info that involves CVS but relates in a completely different way than what we originally heard. Hmmmm... [emoji848]

(I don't even know if what I just said makes any kind of sense. It's been a long day and my ADD is having a field day with these new revelations.)

Well I'll be. SM just said on WBTW TM was in the truck at Walmart when he bought the test for her. So that means that she was with him when he made the payphone call, doesn't it? LOL he is lying to cover up and getting tangled in it. He should be questioned by the state about it tomorrow. LOL

He's such an idiot.

I thought it was always said that TM was supposedly with SM at the pay phone, but that she stayed in the car while he snuck to the phone. I can't keep track anymore! I did hear about HE and SM buying a test together way back when.

I'm thinking the moron doesn't realize media interviews can be brought before the court and have him made to look the complete fool

Ha!
I wonder if that means we'll learn about another random nugget of info that involves CVS but relates in a completely different way than what we originally heard. Hmmmm... [emoji848]

(I don't even know if what I just said makes any kind of sense. It's been a long day and my ADD is having a field day with these new revelations.)

I think there's still a few more surprises in store for us. We've only got through just over a day of testimony and we've got confirmation of Heather being possibly pregnancy, possibly being in an altercation with TM that gave her a black eye, the pregnancy test, and that one of the surveillance videos was from the M's own neighbor. Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring!

He's such an idiot.
It was theorized.
I thought it was always said that TM was supposedly with SM at the pay phone, but that she stayed in the car while he snuck to the phone. I can't keep track anymore! I did hear about HE and SM buying a test together way back when.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, the more he uses the press as a forum to 'testify', the more desperate he looks (and is).

I really wonder how they're going to work out the 'I didn't want TM to know and TM was sitting right there' dilemma.

I wish one of the reporters who interviews him next asks some of these questions. And, I hope his interviews are used against him.

I heard the same. So far it has not been brought up in court. We had no way of knowing this with the testimony so far that she was in the truck. Now because of SM we know. I just can't imagine that the attys, especially TM's approve of him flapping his gums about that. As far as Heather and SM buying the pregnancy test that has not come up in court so far. I don't try to keep track of what is said on social media and the 'grapevine'. I always tried to keep track of what has been released by the media through LE and now I just go by what is being said in sworn testimony. Otherwise as you said it is too hard to keep track and you question things that really should not be questioned.

I wish one of the reporters who interviews him next asks some of these questions.

I hope they also ask:

What made you and your wife decide to take a break from the many love making car sessions that you had all over town that night?

Are you a little slow? Did you think a pregnancy test would be able to tell you if the sex you just had in the car resulted in conception?

Did you resume your little love fest after you stopped at Walmart but before you called Heather from the payphone? Or did you wait until after the call?

Did you tell your wife that you had to stop at a payphone to call another woman (even though you have two cell phones) before you could get back to all the free love?

Or did you tell her you were calling someone else?

Who would you be calling at 1:30 am from a payphone?

Your wife wasn't at all suspicious about that? How exactly does that work?

Hypothetically speaking, if your last menstrual period was on February 8th and you tested positive for pregnancy on March 28th, a pregnancy test would tell you nothing nearly 3 months earlier on December 18th.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just watched an interview with SM from April about how the case has affected his life; he was crying and seemed so sincere. I have been following this case since the beginning and have always thought he or TM were guilty. I must be so, so, so naive and gullible because he's *almost* believable. I can't wrap my head around how someone can come across as so sincere, or who can talk about God all over social media, and be guilty. I just don't get it. It's so confusing to me. Because if they are innocent, this would be all so terrible, and HE's killer would be completely unsuspected. But then I watch the trial and look at the evidence and it ALL points to TM and/or SM. How can people seem so genuine? Anyone else think about this or struggle with being so easily swayed by someone's seemingly sincere and honest truth?

Exactly! However, I don't know how that would come in unless he or she testifies. Also being that he is on the news saying this, is there some way the state can bring this up? i doubt it, but it would be nice.

KT has actually thrown a wrench into the whole thing by asking the officer who testified today if he thought SM would want his wife to know about that call, hence SM's initial lie. He didn't pursue an answer when the witness said he couldn't know what was in SM's mind, but the contradiction is hanging out there. I don't know how they make that go away.

I just watched an interview with SM from April about how the case has affected his life; he was crying and seemed so sincere. I have been following this case since the beginning and have always thought he or TM were guilty. I must be so, so, so naive and gullible because he's *almost* believable. I can't wrap my head around how someone can come across as so sincere, or who can talk about God all over social media, and be guilty. I just don't get it. It's so confusing to me. Because if they are innocent, this would be all so terrible, and HE's killer would be completely unsuspected. But then I watch the trial and look at the evidence and it ALL points to TM and/or SM. How can people seem so genuine? Anyone else think about this or struggle with being so easily swayed by someone's seemingly sincere and honest truth?
I think this daily. I knew these people. Talked to her daily, met them both in person. I think they are both really good at being fake. I feel fooled over and over again because I thought these were good people. A tight, homeschooling family who enjoyed things that my family enjoyed. But then it's like the curtain gets pulled back and I see the face behind Oz and it is not pretty. The online person I thought I knew doesn't exist, and the people I met with in person were not their real selves. The real Moorers are game-playing, system cheating, unaccountable murderers. They've gotten away with a lot over the years, I hope their free ride is finally over.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I just want to mention, my husband was the victim of a horrid attack. The man who did it confessed, we had a jury trial, the cowards RIGHT to a fair justice system, the jury found him NOT GUILTY even after he admitted he did it. He then proceed to thank his sudden recent weekly Sunday churchgoing events to help the jury see that he didn't mean it at all.. meanwhile we did not get justice and I have a permanent brain injured husband...I am continually amazed at COWARDS who profess God and Church and appear so sincere and genuine, so much that I could just punch them in their lying mouths, ykwim?

It would seem to me that he can say whatever lies however many ties he wants to on social media or even in television interviews without fear of it coming back to haunt him in the courtroom. It's almost as if he can testify as often as he likes in those venues because he isn't under oath and doesn't risk cross examination. Certainly, he would be called out on his lies if he were on the stand and shown to be the liar that he is. But outside of the courtroom, is there really any reason to believe that it will hurt his trial(other than in the court of public opinion and social media world)?

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see how the state can possibly bring up the fact that he said this or that on an interview with media, since he isn't on the stand.

Anyone else besides me loving the fact that his mother in law said over and over that they were home ALL night..that the truck never left the yard..etc etc etc. Oh, except for the trip to the walmart to get a pregnancy test and cigar, and except for the sneaky pay phone call, etc etc etc. Ridiculous the lies that come from this family in my opinion.

I think we can chalk this one up to how narcissists function. They very often appear picture perfect and upstanding and are masters of appearing as victims. While they lack empathy and don't care how you're feeling, they're skilled at reading social cues and other people's behavior and vulnerabilities, and they know exactly how to work people and present themselves to illicit sympathy and avoid exposure. Religion and God are often pawns in their game. However, their weakness is that they're pathological liars about everything, from little things to crimes, and they do it pretty poorly if you're paying attention. TM's crazy social media rants and over-functioning with explanations and tales right after Heather went missing is an example.

Sadly, I have a 'narcopath' in my world and have seen this movie play out at the expense of another person, so I feel ol Tam and Sid are characters I know with a familiar script.

It would seem to me that he can say whatever lies however many ties he wants to on social media or even in television interviews without fear of it coming back to haunt him in the courtroom. It's almost as if he can testify as often as he likes in those venues because he isn't under oath and doesn't risk cross examination. Certainly, he would be called out on his lies if he were on the stand and shown to be the liar that he is. But outside of the courtroom, is there really any reason to believe that it will hurt his trial(other than in the court of public opinion and social media world)?

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see how the state can possibly bring up the fact that he said this or that on an interview with media, since he isn't on the stand.

Anyone else besides me loving the fact that his mother in law said over and over that they were home ALL night..that the truck never left the yard..etc etc etc. Oh, except for the trip to the walmart to get a pregnancy test and cigar, and except for the sneaky pay phone call, etc etc etc. Ridiculous the lies that come from this family in my opinion.

BBM - Well that was one of many things the MIL said for alibis. She also said they got home at 3 AM. This was in print interviews in the state paper and horry news. I think there were a couple more she said, too. I forgot exactly, but she shifts things around just like her daughter and son in law.

I agree they can't make him take the stand in his trial. I do wonder though if his videos on tv can be used in TM's trial. I also wonder if they can call the MIL to ask her which is it - the truck never left the yard or they got home at 3? I imagine she could be called to testify in his case. She could be a hostile witness, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal