Misty arrested for drugs on 1-20-2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personally, I think jail is the best place for Misty. I don't know what her involvement was with Haleigh disappearing, but these drug charges should net her some time-although I'll never believe that girl was the mastermind. Awhile back, when Ron was talking about blowing Misty through the wall, I started getting worried about her. Now, after hearing about her new tattoo, I feel the same way. Ron was so quick to get the Haleigh tat, that I have to wonder if this wasn't some kind of memorial too-to mark her as his before an OD or something. I appologize for being morbid, but he just seemed too eager to distance himself from that tat, & I wonder why. I mean, what's the big deal? They were married, still running together, & tattoo kind of people. Also, I firmly believe if Misty doesn't go to the pen, the best she can hope for is to wind u p just like her mother.

also, I wasn't trying to be mean to Misty's mother. That woman has taken a media beating, (& rightfully so), & doesn't really need it from me, because I'm sure she is completely aware of her situation. But if asked, I'm sure that she'd want more than her sorry life for her kids.

Thankfully Misty has at least been smart enough to avoid having babies.

Is it just me or do others feel that the charges against Misty arent't that strong. Can a person who was pretty much baited by police (didn't they ask her to buy the amount of pills that would be considered trafficking?) and a first offender be given a harsh sentence?

Is it just me or do others feel that the charges against Misty arent't that strong. Can a person who was pretty much baited by police (didn't they ask her to buy the amount of pills that would be considered trafficking?) and a first offender be given a harsh sentence?

(I think..) Even though it's her first offense, they can go a lot harder on her since it's trafficking. Had she been caught with just personal usage amount, she'd probably get off pretty easy.

LE did not "bait" her in the trafficking... this was not her first time dealing, or she would not have been targeted. They obviously had been watching them for a while. But long story short, that's what stings are all about, they go after the dealers, in the hopes of catching the suppliers.

Where did misty get the money to buy the drugs? She must have started out as the social butterfly making contacts with people for somebody else. She is a chatterbox and would love to do something other than babysit. When she found rc, her life was moving up....so she thought. She had nothing and he must have looked like a rich man in her eyes...hey, everything's relative..lol.

Her lust for material possessions and attention got the best of her. I agree with Hank and Lisa that she is a follower. In this case, she was struggling for acceptance and independence. BBM

Whisp, she got the money from her UC customer! Then these "kingpins" took their customer to their purchase point and bought the drugs they had just sold to UC!

On a chump change sale of $150.00 where they probably had 100% markup for profit, they couldn't even scrape up $75.00 to buy the drugs first and thereby greatly reduce the risk for all involved. The best part is, apparently none of these "kingpins" could trust one another. Every sale had at least two going to meet the UC agent for the transaction! That alone means exactly double the risk versus one person.

Stoopid, Stoopid, Stoopid

I'm just wondering if LE has something else because it would look a lot better on them if they had arrested them selling to somebody besides just the undercover cop. Some jurors might see this as a set up. I'm sure they crossed all theit Ts & dotted their Is, but their charges seem so harsh-especially Misty's. That girl may be the common denominator, but she's no mastermind. Also, ther is no way I'll ever believe that Ron wasn't out dealing elsewhere.

It was said on FB NG that there will be tapes of Misty in jail covered tonight???

From NG CNN page:

Awaiting release of jail tapes of Haleigh's babysitter Misty Croslin!

Awaiting the release of tapes of Haleigh's babysitter Misty Croslin from jail after her stunning arrest! Will she crack behind bars? Nancy Grace has the latest breaking details every night at 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Keywords-awaiting release-is she going to re-hash old news?

From NG CNN page:

Awaiting release of jail tapes of Haleigh's babysitter Misty Croslin!

Awaiting the release of tapes of Haleigh's babysitter Misty Croslin from jail after her stunning arrest! Will she crack behind bars? Nancy Grace has the latest breaking details every night at 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Keywords-awaiting release-is she going to re-hash old news?

I would be willing to bet the answer to that is Yes.

Meanwhile, I reported the exclusive new details on CNN HNL’s Nancy Grace Show Tuesday night, including that Misty told her parents she was frightened behind bars, afraid what might happen if she went to prison on the trafficking charges—and that detectives on the Haleigh task force had been grilling her, playing “mind games,” as she put it, trying to leverage the drug charges to pry details about the Haleigh case, even pressuring her to implicate certain unnamed people in the child’s disappearance. Misty has been fingered as the key to solving the cold case, police say.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/03/exclusive-misty-croslin-balked-at-babysitting-haleigh/#respond

Sure hope news comes soon and I would like to know or the un-named people are

Well If Misty is SO scared to be in jail then she should not have been dealing drugs. DUH!

Sorry, , DON'T feel sorry for her at all.

They are plenty strong IMO. This is not dealing or using this is trafficking and unless she coughs up a big one she's going down.

(I think..) Even though it's her first offense, they can go a lot harder on her since it's trafficking. Had she been caught with just personal usage amount, she'd probably get off pretty easy.

ITA.. even if it was just selling or conspiracy to traffick. But she's got more charges than any of them. Probably Donna can get hers lowered to conspiracy but I can't see it for the rest of 'em.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, sorry if it's a repeat. I checked Ron as well and his bond is up to $900,000.

"Snip" http://www.sjso.org/inmate_search_warrants.aspx

CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE (W / FEMALE)
Booking No: SJSO10JBN000334
Booking Date: 01/20/2010 23:17:48
Age On Booking Date: 18
Bond Amount: $150000.00
CELL Assigned:
Facility: SJSO
Address Given: 116 TYLER ST SATSUMA FL 32189

CHARGES
STATUTE CASENO CHARGE DEGREE LEVEL BOND
901.04 CASE0002 (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE) OUT-OF-COUNTY WARRANT N N $150000.00
901.04 CASE0003 (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE) OUT-OF-COUNTY WARRANT N N $100000.00
901.04 CASE0004 (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE) OUT-OF-COUNTY WARRANT N N $100000.00
901.04 CASE0005 (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE) OUT-OF-COUNTY WARRANT N N $100000.00
893.135.1c1 CASE0006 (ST. JOHNS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE) OPIUM OR DERIV-TRAFFIC F F $250000.00
901.04 CASE0007 (PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE) OUT-OF-COUNTY WARRANT N

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996
Back