Misty C. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know if joe or misty had any one from milwuakee on the myspaces?

Geez.... Someone better call the state and tell them to take another look at me. I was at one point homeless as a teen. I did not finish more then 8th grade in school.I was abused for over 12 years by many people. I married at 17. I have no legal family (except my husband and children) as I was never adopted out of Foster care and lived from age 12 until 16 (until I refused to ever go back) in and out of shelters and foster homes that could care less anything about me. I did NOT get much counseling as i'll be damned if someone is going to tell me how to feel when they have never been threw it.

But yet here I am 30 years old and I am a normal adult. Unless it is adnormal to be married to a cop , having 6 kids ( 4 we are adopting that although we are related to we seen only a handful of times over the years except a small period where they stayed 2 weeks.) while spending your whole life trying to change the way others treat children.

I am sorry but I am so sick and tired of people taking SURVIVORS and trying to make it seem like they MUST of did XYZ because they was abused. Is it hard to heal after being abused? YES it is and it is even harder the world around you assumes you will automatically abuse when your older.

No wonder so many never break the cycle noone believes in them.

I think Misty may of had something to do with this. I thought this BEFORE I knew she was abused and it has NOTHING to do with her being abused me thinking this. The thought that if God forbid one of my children ever got kidnapped everyone would point a finger at me right away bc I was abused makes me sick.

BTW if you want to read more about me and see how SOME turn out. pm for my blog addy

The one thing I always tell the people that I work with is this:

You cannot choose the parents that you were born to, you cannot choose the path your life will take under your parents world but you CAN choose the adult that you grow up to be and the path you take as an adult. You just have to believe in yourself. The best thing you can do is be successful at what you do no matter "what" is that is the best revenge a person can have.

I also always tell them that if they help one child in their lifetime to break out of the cycle, that is thank you enough.

You cannot choose the parents that you were born to, you cannot choose the path your life will take under your parents world but you CAN choose the adult that you grow up to be and the path you take as an adult. You just have to believe in yourself. The best thing you can do is be successful at what you do no matter "what" is that is the best revenge a person can have.

I also always tell them that if they help one child in their lifetime to break out of the cycle, that is thank you enough.
I totally agree with you.

I tell everyone that ask me for advice ( when speaking of having a hard past) that our past does NOT defind who we are or our future. WE defind our future and the road we lead down. .

In Misty's glowing display of pre-marital bliss, she was thrilled to tell the reporter over and over that she was home because the lie detector test says she was at home. Of course, that isn't the same as actually BEING home. That's just saying the test said she was home.

Misty is VERY young, she may have had to grow up fast, but she is STILL only 17, and her brain is still in a very early stage of development.

Even IF she wants to be a mom and a wife, she has allot of maturing to do.

Right now, she doesn't have that biological/physical tie to Haleigh, as a natural mother would have. You can tell by looking at her face, she doesn't show the stress and horrible worry, that you or I would show/feel, if our daughter was missing.

Ron is angry (maybe at the world), and controlling, so a young girl is easier to control. If he marries her, he has even MORE control. I don't know his true agenda here, but I feel sorry for Misty.

My husband (we're separated now) was involved in a few very 'young' girls, years before he met me ... but it never worked out, because as they matured, they realized they wanted different things, and he lost control over them.

Just an opinion ...

yes she seemed so happy and worry free (you'd never know this little girl she thought of as her own that disappeared a month ago while in her care was even on her mind), until they brought Haleigh up in the conversation, then there was a moment of sadness.... quickly brushed aside then all happy happy about getting married! Didn't hear one mention of how much she misses her and wants her home asap - would whoever took her please bring her home. Lots of talk of proposals, rings, family, weddings, and how tough this has all been on Misty....., but what about Haleigh?

ok to be fair there was some minimal talk of Haleigh.... but it seemed to me that is not what she wanted to talk about.

yes she seemed so happy and worry free (you'd never know this little girl she thought of as her own that disappeared a month ago while in her care was even on her mind), until they brought Haleigh up in the conversation, then there was a moment of sadness.... quickly brushed aside then all happy happy about getting married! Didn't hear one mention of how much she misses her and wants her home asap - would whoever took her please bring her home. Lots of talk of proposals, rings, family, weddings, and how tough this has all been on Misty....., but what about Haleigh?

ok to be fair there was some minimal talk of Haleigh.... but it seemed to me that is not what she wanted to talk about.

I have to agree. The teenagers that I work with (15-18) all seem to act and think the same way, so this makes me think that she is simply acting like the teenager that she is. A lot of teenagers today seem to have the same "it's all about me" mentality and that is sad. Misty, IMO, often gives the impression that if she doesn't think or talk about what happened to Haleigh, then she can pretend that it didn't happen and everything is right with her world. I hope I explained this so that it makes sense. I just think that she is acting like a teenager.

I have to agree. The teenagers that I work with (15-18) all seem to act and think the same way, so this makes me think that she is simply acting like the teenager that she is. A lot of teenagers today seem to have the same "it's all about me" mentality and that is sad. Misty, IMO, often gives the impression that if she doesn't think or talk about what happened to Haleigh, then she can pretend that it didn't happen and everything is right with her world. I hope I explained this so that it makes sense. I just think that she is acting like a teenager.

You made perfect sense, Flitter.

And that, more than anything proves that she is neither emotionally nor intellectually ready to play mommy to Jr and Haleigh.

While I heartily agree that despite our beginnings we all have as adults the option of making better choices than those we saw growing up, I fervently disagree that we need only to "believe in ourselves." Parenting requires wisdom--skills for living--of which Misty (and dad) is in dire, sore need. It needn't come from our own childhood but we need to have had it modelled at some point, by someone, somewhere along the line. Honestly, neither appears to me anywhere near ready to demonstrate the kind of focus, mature sacrifices and unselfish priorities nor to possess the kind of good judgment or sound values needed to be "successful" at raising healthy, secure, well-adjusted children. JMO

:parrot:

Mistys little song and dance about how much Haleigh wanted the two of them to be exactly alike showed me she can be cruel. I'm sure her little anecdotes are aimed at Crystal. She revels in saying Haleigh called her "mom"....spit

I was really uncomfortable w the defiance Misty exhibited during her impromptu interview re engagement. I caught glimpses of this in first weeks, but today was on a whole new level, over the top w the attitude, and seemed really inappropriate to me. Then again, I guess everything about this situation is inappropriate. JMO

:parrot:

^^ Agreed.

Mistys little song and dance about how much Haleigh wanted the two of them to be exactly alike showed me she can be cruel. I'm sure her little anecdotes are aimed at Crystal. She revels in saying Haleigh called her "mom"....spit
Yeah, and something tells me that Misty wanted to be just like Haleigh too.... daddy's little girl. JMO.

Guess Misty (re:snookie's comment) got her wish and as I always say, be careful what you wish for...I can only wait and hope that RC's pulls a TL on her now that he's won her trust with a big ole' rock - I can hope right!? :furious:

Guess Crystal got her wish and as I always say, be careful what you wish for...I can only wait and hope that RC's pulls a TL on her now that he's won her trust with a big ole' rock - I can hope right!? :furious:

What was Crystal's wish and what's a TL ? Sorry - a little slow this evening.

TIA

I don't see a NG thread, so I will post there here (mods please move if in the wrong place). Did anyone catch Misty's comment on NG this evening, "Even if Haleigh is not with us, she is still here with us"? Am I misinterpreting that, or does it sound like perhaps Misty knows Haleigh is no longer with us? Why is my gut making me think that was a slip that she and Ron both know, but can't say more than they have and until LE solves the 'puzzle' this is their way of honoring Haleighs wish?

The thought gives me the creeps.

I don't see a NG thread, so I will post there here (mods please move if in the wrong place). Did anyone catch Misty's comment on NG this evening, "Even if Haleigh is not with us, she is still here with us"? Am I misinterpreting that, or does it sound like perhaps Misty knows Haleigh is no longer with us? Why is my gut making me think that was a slip that she and Ron both know, but can't say more than they have and until LE solves the 'puzzle' this is their way of honoring Haleighs wish?

The thought gives me the creeps.

I missed NG tonight...the whole wedding while your child is missing gives me the creeps. I'm still holding on to the hope that Haleigh is out there somewhere safe...but it's getting harder to hold onto that hope everyday that passes. moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC