Misty C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have described an act of unconditional love that bonds families together and establishes a happy and secure place for children to develop at their own pace without having their feelings exploited. The parent takes on the responsibility for their child's well-being. This act sends a clear message of love without any need for words, which possess the power to heal or harm. Misty said HaLeigh peed her blanket. Is Misty intentionally hiding her response to HaLeigh peeing the bed or is she open for discussion? Furthermore, if Misty removed a blanket from the bedroom window like she said she did, this is the 3rd red flag I have detected in the quality of care Misty provided to these precious children.
Since when does one mentioning taking a child to potty before bed equate to unconditional love?! I am guessing that Rj was possibly still wearing pullup pants and Haleigh is old enough to go by herself, imo. She is still young enough to have accidents especially with Turners, imo. Just because we haven't heard Misty mention the children going to the potty doesn't mean anything, imo.

Misty didn't say she wet on it that night. She only said it smelled like urine. She didn't mention it was wet either. For what it is worth...Rj could have peed on it at some point. In no way is the blanket on the window a red flag, imo, she DID care enough to wash it because of the dust before laying it on anyone or the bed. Good move on her part and shows she was taking adequate care of the children, imo. She could have put a filthy blanket on one and a pissy blanket on the other, but she chose not to do that, imo.

I thought they just came out and said that the likelihood that it was a stranger was slim to none(my words). Now we are back to it could be a stranger because of DNA found in the home?

How come everytime I post that no-one talks....lol. I am just trying to find out if there was DNA recovered. It must not have matched anyone's.

I was surprised to read this today, it appears there WAS some DNA recovered. Isn't this a new announcement?

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/08/in...ck-the-cu.html

snipped....Investigators say DNA evidence has left a small chance that a stranger took Haleigh from her Satsuma home, and they think Misty Croslin-Cummings may not be giving them the full story.

This is the first I have heard about DNA.
Yes, it could be new information.

Wait...I see what you are saying now. The wording is such that instead of "little chance" it could be a stranger...there is a "small chance" it could be. Hmmmm...interesting! (The link is broken so I can't read the article.) I will have to go back and read the actual press release. It sounds like reporters could easily change the meaning what was actually stated.

I want to know why we are just now hearing that they have some unknown DNA. Why did they tell us just this week that it's not a stranger and now they are saying .....hmmm well it could be, why because there was unfamiliar DNA not traced back to any family member?

What is going on here?

SS in case the following link does not work, here is the mention of DNA in it's entirety

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/08/investigators-pull-back-the-cu.html

...Investigators say DNA evidence has left a small chance that a stranger took Haleigh from her Satsuma home, and they think Misty Croslin-Cummings may not be giving them the full story...

Could they have found evidence of semen other than RC? Just wondering about the wording and how the statement was framed. Might not mean anything significant at all. JMHO.

I thought they just came out and said that the likelihood that it was a stranger was slim to none(my words). Now we are back to it could be a stranger because of DNA found in the home?

I take it to mean that they have DNA evidence of someone else in that home, and that the likely story is that Misty and/or Ronald knows that person. However, they're leaving the possibility open that whoever's DNA they have is that of a stranger. For what it's worth, looks like this person's DNA isn't in the PCSO system....if they even have a DNA system.

From their press release:

DNA samples were collected from many of those interviewed and compared to evidence collected in the case.

FDLE processed the crime scene. Many items of potential evidentiary value were collected and sent to FDLE’s crime lab for analysis (ie. for fingerprints and DNA).
All of evidence has been examined and/or processed, but none of it has identified any suspect or additional leads as to who the suspect(s) may be.

~snip~

At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh’s disappearance is the work of a stranger. There is no specific individual whom investigators have identified as a person of interest.

http://www.pcso.us/2009-8-17-a BBM

It could be taken either way as there is nothing definitive about the DNA, imo. It only says it hasn't identified any suspect or provided them with leads...which means maybe they aren't in the system and have no clue or they didn't find any stranger DNA.

It has "minimized the likelihood", but there is still a small chance according to their statement. So again...there is nothing definite.

From the PCSO:

• FDLE processed the crime scene. Many items of potential evidentiary value were collected and sent to FDLE’s crime lab for analysis (ie. for fingerprints and DNA). All of evidence has been examined and/or processed, but none of it has identified any suspect or additional leads as to who the suspect(s) may be.
"At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh’s disappearance is the work of a stranger. There is no specific individual whom investigators have identified as a person of interest."

I read it as they have identified all the DNA & there is a small chance someone entered with gloves & didn't leave any DNA at all. I wish they would be clearer.

If they did find DNA in or around the home of a person who could have been a regular visitor...how do they know when it was left? It could have been when Haleigh went missing or earlier that day...but there is no way to distinguish a time frame, imo. They may be dismissing certain evidence because of that factor, imo.

And not all crime scenes are found to have DNA left behind by the perp.

This was a rental HM.....who lived there before Ron and Misty and the kids?
Shouldn’t there be some type of DNA from other tenants and their guests at least?

The very brief article being quoted and discussed today is simply a reporters interpretation of the same PCSO press release that has been out for days. It is simply their interpretation of those same words as quoted by DEE in her post above. The article does not say they spoke separately to an investigator NOR does it make the statement as a direct quote. NOTHING new in the article, just a strange way of wording the same information.

I want to know why we are just now hearing that they have some unknown DNA. Why did they tell us just this week that it's not a stranger and now they are saying .....hmmm well it could be, why because there was unfamiliar DNA not traced back to any family member?

What is going on here?

Excellent sleuthing Elle!

Interesting re the DNA....I wonder if they've matched it to anyone?

ETA...I was behind on the thread....I now see it might just be the reporters interpretation of the press release.

Seems like the new Agent is working ala Colombo...I like it!

Looks to me like they have evidence and DNA and the perp is most likely someone very close to the MH and likely a family member.

Anyone can call crimestoppers or the Tipline and remain anonymous. Apparently no one has done that either, so I doubt she was out anywhere. How did she get there, walk to the nearest store several miles away?

If someone spotted Misty in a compromising situation outside the MH the evening in question, they could simply go to the Police Station, complete a statement and leave in exchange for a slice of the reward money which now stands at $35,000. I think LE need to eliminate beyond reasonable doubt the possibility Misty was not at home to narrow the investigation, and putting out a 2nd call tells me they remain focused on their objective which is to seek Justice for HaLeigh.

That is a very interesting point Bluesky, but just because someone maybe able to prove Misty was not at home, doesn't mean the case is solved by a long shot, but could be a huge step further no doubt. Please consider my post on the previous page #397 and consider listening to what TJ Hart has to say (from yesterday) if you feel he is a reputable reporter and hear his thoughts being on the ground.

If someone spotted Misty in a compromising situation outside the MH the evening in question, they could simply go to the Police Station, complete a statement and leave in exchange for a slice of the reward money which now stands at $35,000. I think LE need to eliminate beyond reasonable doubt the possibility Misty was not at home to narrow the investigation, and putting out a 2nd call tells me they remain focused on their objective which is to seek Justice for HaLeigh.

This is what makes this confusing for me. I feel MC not necessarily had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance, but was either passed out under the influence or not at home. BUT if she was out with someone, I'd bet my bottom dollar someone would've turned on her by now for the money.

I don't think anyone would recieve any money from that $35,000 reward offered by talking about Misty unless Haleigh was found because of it. What LE needs to do is offer up a reward specific for info on Misty the night Haleigh disappeared, like a couple thousand dollars....:) I would

I don't think anyone would recieve any money from that $35,000 reward offered by talking about Misty unless Haleigh was found because of it. What LE needs to do is offer up a reward specific for info on Misty the night Haleigh disappeared, like a couple thousand dollars....:) I would

IIRC, in order to collect the reward, the person calling in the tip has to provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the disappearance of HaLeigh.

I don't recall where I read that. I thought it was on the Crimestoppers website, but I don't see that information there anymore. I'm almost positive I did read it, though. If I come across it again, I'll post a link.

IIRC there was a neighbor testifying she heard a woman yelling at around 2.30 am somewhere close to the MH. I think that might be part of it.

Do you or anyone else have a link to that? I've never seen an article or interview with this woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle