Misty C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the DNA, it depends on where it was. The trailer had someone living in it before Ron got there. If it's the furniture is this hand me down furniture? I don't know how they would know if it's a stranger's DNA when they only got DNA from Ron and Crystal. So who are they comparing it too to rule out it's not some family member or friend?

I don't understand..What makes you say they only collected DNA from R & C?

You know it amazes me that Misty has only a 7th grade education - where was DCF, what 4 years ago, when her non-attendance was noted by the school? Don't they have to report that? So essentially over the past 4 years, from 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th grade WHERE WAS DCF then? Where was DCF to investigate Misty's whereabouts during that time, a CHILD who wasn't attending school, wasn't living at home but was living with a 25 year old man?! And yet there are some here who support DCF's judgement in assessing Jr's environment?! Hogwash! They dropped the ball with Misty, they dropped the ball prior to HaLeigh's "disappearance" and IMO, they've dropped the ball with Jr. > I hope they're watching & overseeing Jr's situation very closely because they're going to have alot of covering their a$$'s to do if anything happens to this little boy! In my book, three dropped balls is as good as an out - There is no "overtime" when it comes to the life of a child. :furious:

But,we're also talking about a Dept that took over two weeks to take a backdoor and over 100 people had fingerprints on it,going in and out of the MH.And the dog searchers from the dept. the day the search started for HaLeigh,were throwing her blankets over the rail of that same backdoor for a dogscent.And then they wait six months after a news conference with MN and TM to send out a press release to clear RC and Crystal.I just question if they have no evidence of anything,and the investigation's interesting techniques of collecting evidence at the beginning,are they making statements on just theory?As far as we know,not all the family members have had polygraphs and some just recently.For six months the public has been kept in the dark and JMO,but,partly the cause of keeping HaLeigh out of the news.The case should have went to a higher LE Dept,as I feel all missing children's cases should,with experts on this,time is essential.

I thought the FDLE and the FBI have been involved somewhat.

There might have been many mistakes made in the investigation but I have no doubt that LE examined the doors and windows of the MH for fingerprints right away. They don't need to be removed in order to do that. If they didn't do fingerprinting that every television watcher knows is part of procedure they oughta be fired, the whole bunch of them.

How long does DNA evidence keep? Ron and Misty had been living in that trailer for only a short time and if they weren't obsessive cleaners there's a good chance that there could still be fingerprints, hairs, and other relics of the previous tenants and their guests, so I wouldn't necessarily expect to find only the traces of the current family.

DNA does degrade over time, but it has been known to last for years, imo.

I know in Bobby Cutts, Jr.'s case, it came up there was DNA (sperm) on the carpet by her bed which was detected and found to be from a previous tenant. Ewwww.

You know it amazes me that Misty has only a 7th grade education - where was DCF, what 4 years ago, when her non-attendance was noted by the school? Don't they have to report that? So essentially over the past 4 years, from 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th grade WHERE WAS DCF then? Where was DCF to investigate Misty's whereabouts during that time, a CHILD who wasn't attending school, wasn't living at home but was living with a 25 year old man?! And yet there are some here who support DCF's judgement in assessing Jr's environment?! Hogwash! They dropped the ball with Misty, they dropped the ball prior to HaLeigh's "disappearance" and IMO, they've dropped the ball with Jr. > I hope they're watching & overseeing Jr's situation very closely because they're going to have alot of covering their a$$'s to do if anything happens to this little boy! In my book, three dropped balls is as good as an out - There is no "overtime" when it comes to the life of a child. :furious:

I don't think Misty not attending school falls under DCF, I believe it would fall under the Dept of Education or something similiar. How would DCF know if a kid is in school or not. The only people that failed Misty were her parents.

I don't think Misty not attending school falls under DCF, I believe it would fall under the Dept of Education or something similiar. How would DCF know if a kid is in school or not. The only people that failed Misty were her parents.
I guess their answer was to send her to live with her brother. Poor kid. It only goes to show how unconcerned they were with her safety and welfare growing up. Now all of the sudden they are worried about her?! :rolleyes:

Maybe it is why she was attracted to Ronald in the first place. Perhaps he gave her that sense of family and security she was missing.

She'd be a senior now, if she were in school. Sometimes, it makes me really sad at just how much "childhood" she lost.

I guess their answer was to send her to live with her brother. Poor kid. It only goes to show how unconcerned they were with her safety and welfare growing up. Now all of the sudden they are worried about her?! :rolleyes:

Maybe it is why she was attracted to Ronald in the first place. Perhaps he gave her that sense of family and security she was missing.

I really agree with this SS. Question though, do you know when she first went to live with her brother? Which brother was it....Tommy or Timmy.

About the DNA....I know some of you don't think they managed to collect anything, but I really, really have hope that they did. Remember when LE was looking for Crystal so that they could obtain a DNA sample? When was that exactly. I am going to have to go back and read through the thread with that info. IIRC it was enough time after they sent some evidence off and results came back I think around the dumpster search time. I have a feeling they had something to compare that sample of Crystal's to. If it doesn't match any of the DNA samples they took from family and friends, we have some hope, I think. What scares me is that I am positive that LE ran their DNA specimens collected through their system so any registered offender came back with no match. Just what I have been thinking all along, really. ( I mean that I think this perp is a offender that had never been caught yet or in anyone's system, with all those offenders in that 5 mile radius it's like the kids were walking through a battlefield everyday when they went to and from the bus-stop)

Also, I have been going back and reading all of the news article's during the time that the bickering got started and attention was taken off of Haleigh. All that stuff really took the focus off where it needed to be. I can't believe all the stuff that I never read or sleuthed(is that a word?) because I got sidetracked.

So far we know she lived with Tommy in Daytona for at least 3 months prior to living with Ronald. I don't know if we have determined where she was living before then or when she moved in with Tommy.

Crystal did give her DNA the very day the dumpster search was going on so it would be at least two weeks into the search, IIRC. I recall she was so angry about the rumors of people not being able to find her instead of being upset about the possibility of finding her daughter in the dumpster. She never mentioned the search in the interview which I thought was so cold, imo. I hope they took note that Marie or Crystal stated she was never in Ronald's "new" mh if they matched her DNA to a sample from there.

LE states they took some DNA from people who they interviewed in the case. There is no way to even guess who was asked or if anyone refused.

Sleuthed is a word. Sleuthers is not. ;) Yes, it is interesting when you go back to the beginning and read up on the case.

Crystal was informed of the search right before that interview. She'd not been told it was taking place or that it was even scheduled to take place. A REPORTER informed her, not LE, not Ronald.

Off Topic: Then all the more reason she should have mentioned it, but did not...imo. It was very strange that all she thought about was how she was being perceived by LE looking for her during that time, imo.

It was certainly not Ronald's place to inform her that LE was digging for Haleigh in a dumpster.

Please provide a link to your statement.

Crystal was informed of the search right before that interview. She'd not been told it was taking place or that it was even scheduled to take place. A REPORTER informed her, not LE, not Ronald.
Again...please provide a link for this statement since you have stated it as a fact.

Surely. But since this is the MISTY! thread, I'll post it in the CRYSTAL thread.

Let's drop the ball where it belongs.... Misty's parents are the ones that
failed her!
They let her miss school, let her move in with her brother, let her move
in with Ron and let her marry Ron!
The school board is the one to enforce any issues with non attendance
not DCFS. And the parents are the ones who are responsible!

failed her!

Harleysnana, you are absolutely correct!!!!! Not only did they fail to insure
that she had adequate education to survive in today's world, they failed to provide protection, love, and nurturing. It might be said they operated from a point of extreme ignorance and uncaring. I would also like to point out that children raised like this tend to have a multitude of problems and tend to repeat these actions in their own life with their own children. /these are my opinions but I have seen alot.

failed her!

IMHO.. Ron C's parents failed Ron C also... Seems he was dumped on Teresa's brother and her mother for them to raise him...Where was TN and Ron' C's father . Why didn't they raise him? To my knowledge he dropped out of school too and doesn't even have a GED...Just my opinion on the subject..
As I understand it dysfunctionalism breeds nothing but dysfunctionalism...JMO..

I completely agree with this SS!! I really think the attraction to Ronald from Misty stems from her longing for a family, security, a sense a belonging and love.
That could work both ways, maybe the attraction for Ronald stemmed from her strong desire to have a place within his family, with his children.

I understand that there are many people who come from such rough homestyles who go on to repeat the cycle. But there is also the chance that she wanted to give to a family what she had never received herself, and have the family she has always longed for. I hope, for the children's sake, that she falls into the 2nd category..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321