Misty C.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not the case in Florida. Nobody assumes anyone else's child support obligations here. And I would love to see a link to the statue in Lousianna that makes it legal for a spouse to assume child support obligations. That sounds absurd.

Here in Wisconsin if you are married filing a joint return and get a tax refund check (or stimulas) and one of the spouses owns child support they will take the whole check and put it towards the child support. It does not matter what spouse was the working spouse....they take the whole check.

Many couples in this situation will file a seperate return even though they lose some deductions. They cannot take your refund to pay for your spouses children if you file seperate.

They cannot take your wages to pay your spouses child support.
They CAN take money from any JOINT account with your spouse.

That is not the case in Florida. Nobody assumes anyone else's child support obligations here. And I would love to see a link to the statue in Lousianna that makes it legal for a spouse to assume child support obligations. That sounds absurd.

ITA!!!!!!!! It does sound absurd. The only time that I've ever heard of someone other than the actual mother or father paying child support is when the father/mother were underage. The child support then fell on the grandparents of the child until the underage parent turned 18.

I live in Florida and my ex ran from paying child support. When they caught up with him, he was living in Louisiana, married. They garnished their income tax refund for 2 years to pay the $5000 in back child support. When I called DOR/CSE about the $2300 check I received (wanted to make sure it wasn't an error)...they told me that they garnished HIS part of the income tax return...her earnings didn't have anything to do with it.

They CAN take money from any JOINT account with your spouse.

which means...if CS and CG get married and she is still obligated to pay a set amount of child support...they will take the money from JOINT checking account which means to me that CG is paying for it because afterall...CS is not working... so although they aren't going directly into CG's pocket and pull out the child support, he would still be paying it.

Just FYI, people around here often describe cohabitating couples as "being engaged", esp those with children born into them. It doesn't always mean that a wedding and marriage are actually anticipated.
Indeed. An unmarried mother is eligible for more government benefits, which might encourage some (who are struggling financially) to hold off on a wedding.

ITA!!!!!!!! It does sound absurd. The only time that I've ever heard of someone other than the actual mother or father paying child support is when the father/mother were underage. The child support then fell on the grandparents of the child until the underage parent turned 18.
QUOTE]

Lord...That is absurd to me! It wouldn't be my parents fault that I couldn't keep my clothes on. That's just ridiculous... you make your bed, you lay in it. Grandparents shouldn't be responsible for diddly squat.

I'm in Florida and currently collect child support from my ex husband. When I went to have child support adjusted my lawyer told that only the biological parent is responsible to pay, but when the child support amount is calculated, yours spouses income needs to be documentated as well. The reasoning is that the spouse is helping support your household, and therefore you can better support your child through child support. The federal government will take takes out of a joint account or a joint tax return, but not out of your spouse's tax return if you are married filing individually.

Essentially, if you are married, and have your money combined into one account, many people look at it like the spouse is paying child support becuase it is coming out of joint money.

which means...if CS and CG get married and she is still obligated to pay a set amount of child support...they will take the money from JOINT checking account which means to me that CG is paying for it because afterall...CS is not working... so although they aren't going directly into CG's pocket and pull out the child support, he would still be paying it.

Yep in a roundabout way they will get their money. A simple soulution to this is for couples to maintain seperate accounts if one spouse owes support.

Perhaps they have thrown us [the locals] off-track, but I have yet to hear ANY local point the finger at Crystal S.

It's all pointing to Misty and Ron and their acquaintances and drugs.

Trying to convince ourselves it couldn't happen to us, I think.

Nevertheless, none of the scuttlebutt even mentions CS.

I think the locals know of what they speak...lol

Chil support is gonna get us an off topic warning...:crazy:

Question: is it possible that Misty DOES have legal representation when she is being questioned and we just don't know about it? I really can't believe with all this questioning that she doesn't...

Same scuttlebutt I'm hearing here, LFlorida.

Remember a few days ago when their was volunteer who went to search and someone stopped by a party store or gas station.....I think it was Cocoamom who posted this about her friend.....iirc...it was in the discussion thread before it became A Haleigh thread...anyways, it is viewed as rumor at this point, nonetheless....the local clerk, said she was better off pickin up trash on the side of the freeway, than getting involved in this search effort!!:eek: When I read that posting, I was immediatley thinking the locals know way more about this side of the family than any outsider and my intuition told me that they could be right. The comment may be more telling than we think. :bang:

btw, define scuttlebutt......is that one person or more? :waitasec:

Question: is it possible that Misty DOES have legal representation when she is being questioned and we just don't know about it? I really can't believe with all this questioning that she doesn't...

Kmh that is a possibility. I haven't seen one way or another reported if she does or doesn't. She does seem to enter LE office alone and exit alone but that means nothing really.

Oh thats very possible....but then again we know how the lawyers love to be in the media. Do you think a lawyer would be able to keep quite if they were representing anyone in this case. LOL

I was just thinking that maybe they were providing it for her (isn't that the way it works if someone can't afford to pay for their own lawyer?). BUT...yes, I can't believe some lawyer hasn't jumped on this to get in the spotlight!

I think her being questioned time after time indicates no legal representation. How many lawyers would allow it? :waitasec: They would say once was enough.

ETA: If I heard him correctly...a local attorney did go visit with Ronald or at least it is what he said on one of the talk shows.

After seeing her walk out of the Sheriffs office with her head held high, ciggie hanging out of her mouth, and the way she comes and goes with the police, I get the impression she aint skeered. Not one bit. It seems to me if she was, she would have an attorney by now. This tells me she has nothing to hide, which I dont believe, or that she is farmiliar with LE and thinks she can handle them just fine on her own. As I said before how hard is it to repeat "thats all I know" over and over. She has been there 4 times that we know of, what could they be asking if not the same questions over and over, maybe worded differently to see if she "knows" anything she isn't telling..JMO, of course

Perhaps they have thrown us [the locals] off-track, but I have yet to hear ANY local point the finger at Crystal S.

It's all pointing to Misty and Ron and their acquaintances and drugs.

Trying to convince ourselves it couldn't happen to us, I think.

Nevertheless, none of the scuttlebutt even mentions CS.

Bold by me:

I think we're doing that everywhere, not just in Florida. It's so scary and sad.

IMO it is not just sad and scary, but also quite appalling! Just because they continually speak with Misty does not mean that they think of her as suspect or POI. She was the last person alone with the children.

What does everyone here think they are doing with her for hours at a time? Maybe there is evidence she was somewhere else. Without pictures, it is her word against theirs, and it may be someone with a criminal record (ya think??) and since LE cant prove it, they are trying to get her to come clean, and she isnt budging. I can see that. I dont know, I'd like to hear what others think is going on at the station with Misty...thoughts?

What does everyone here think they are doing with her for hours at a time? Maybe there is evidence she was somewhere else. Without pictures, it is her word against theirs, and it may be someone with a criminal record (ya think??) and since LE cant prove it, they are trying to get her to come clean, and she isnt budging. I can see that. I dont know, I'd like to hear what others think is going on at the station with Misty...thoughts?

My thoughts: I think they're trying to get the dirt on Ron.

IMO it is not just sad and scary, but also quite appalling! Just because they continually speak with Misty does not mean that they think of her as suspect or POI. She was the last person alone with the children.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Why did you quote me when you posted that? I don't get it.:waitasec:

Not sure they are putting enough pressure on her. imo. it appears they are walking on eggshells with the whole thing. Ha! Too bad they dont have enough evidence to charge her with child endangerment (if- she left the kids alone) because if they can charge her and hold her, the Sunshine laws take place and we can see what her statements to investigators where! But then again, if she gets bailed and lawyers up with a state appointed attorney, then they will have a hell of a time getting more info to help solve the case.

So its a catch 22.
And boy, I'm with you, I'd like to see the transcripts at least to know how they are handling her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth