Misty's Jailhouse tapes. What message was Ron sending to Misty?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personally, I don't think they were the type of messages you are all thinking about. I think it was an LE interview by FDLE (which I believe they are able to videotape) and RC was probably questioned about MC and TC....he could have told them he felt she was lying, she knew more, etc - or maybe even gave specifics. They THEN took that part of the taped interview to show MC and TC to gauge reactions, get responses, etc.

This is all very planned out....they would not give MC a "keep your mouth shut" tape and then expect her to talk - KWIM??
of course this is all JMOO

I totally agree! IMO, the message was not for Misty but about Misty. LE probably tried to show Misty "see Ron doesn't care anything about you, he might be telling you one thing but look at what he is telling us" type of thing. They are hoping that Misty will grow a backbone and lash back, telling LE what they need to know to find Haleigh.

Thommy, thank you for being willing to share your experiences in jail with us! I hope you will continue to help us understand "the system" when listening to these tapes. :blowkiss:

It would be great to hear from some who have been in the system or have had experience in the system..good or bad....Thanks Kimster....please keep posting Thommy

Within the boundaries of this thread, any commo from Ron to Misty has to be on the QT. That is passed in a way that circumvents what is allowed a prisoner. I agree with the posts that if passed by LE, it has a purpose. They certainly are not going to be played by RC, even if his mom thinks he is a genius. Underestimating the cops is a very bad trait in a criminal. Bad for him or her I mean, great for society in general. I really think that "inmate to inmate visit" talk is either hogwash or wishful thinking, especially considering it's source. For me to take a certain 12 step meeting into the county jail, I had to be off of paper (successfully completed parole and probation) and had not been arrested in the past 5 years. Not a new conviction, just arrested.

Furthermore, when me little brother died it was $2,500 for the state to transport me to the funeral home and visit while the home was closed. Shackled, belly-cinched, and in a DOC van. I also wore a special jumpsuit that had "DOC" in foot high letters on the back. I had to give me ex power of attorney to cash in me 401 and split it with her. It is cash only and upfront. I do not want to sound whiny. Just the opposite, I am grateful the state allowed me to say goodbye and that the ex was a good enough person to do that. My point is do you really think the state would shell out all the extra money that the security precautions necessary would cost? Just so two inmates could see each other? In Pennsylvania you can not mail a letter from one SCI to another. To belabor the point, wishful thinking is pandemic to the whole "crew".

Thanks Tom, these 2 should have NO contact whatsoever!!!!!! Peace to you!!:angel:

Within the boundaries of this thread, any commo from Ron to Misty has to be on the QT. That is passed in a way that circumvents what is allowed a prisoner. I agree with the posts that if passed by LE, it has a purpose. They certainly are not going to be played by RC, even if his mom thinks he is a genius. Underestimating the cops is a very bad trait in a criminal. Bad for him or her I mean, great for society in general. I really think that "inmate to inmate visit" talk is either hogwash or wishful thinking, especially considering it's source. For me to take a certain 12 step meeting into the county jail, I had to be off of paper (successfully completed parole and probation) and had not been arrested in the past 5 years. Not a new conviction, just arrested.

Furthermore, when me little brother died it was $2,500 for the state to transport me to the funeral home and visit while the home was closed. Shackled, belly-cinched, and in a DOC van. I also wore a special jumpsuit that had "DOC" in foot high letters on the back. I had to give me ex power of attorney to cash in me 401 and split it with her. It is cash only and upfront. I do not want to sound whiny. Just the opposite, I am grateful the state allowed me to say goodbye and that the ex was a good enough person to do that. My point is do you really think the state would shell out all the extra money that the security precautions necessary would cost? Just so two inmates could see each other? In Pennsylvania you can not mail a letter from one SCI to another. To belabor the point, wishful thinking is pandemic to the whole "crew".

Thank you for sharing all that. Very interesting.

Don't you think, too that some of what is happening is bad jailhouse lawyering and advising? They keep saying that "they told me" or "someone told me" and they are believing what some inmate/guard/trustee/etc told them.

It's a shame misty is not capable of perceiving reality. We have seen this before. AH confronted her about how rc talked to her during the 911 and afterwards. She denied it and said he was NOT speaking of her but was speaking and calling the dispatcher bad names. No matter what bad news you give her concerning his feelings, she has an answer that suits her better. She was told rc has a GF...her response, "I don't care".

This girl is very ill and has been for some time. The parents know it, the brothers know it too. Her perception of reality is thwarted. She is another one who only lives 10 minutes at a time. She has no sense of self and I don't think she has cognitive processes going on and there is lack of abstract thinking. She appears to absorb the thoughts of people around her and doesn't come up with any of her own. Casey Anthony was the same way.
I agree & I think this is because she really was a molested child. I think the trauma forced her to separate from the reality of what was happening to her, & she's been disassociating ever since. I've also noticed a tendency for her to act impulsuvely, & then to desperately want to take it back-a very immature quality.

If Misty is referring to the jailhouse interview, Ron's message to Misty could be to stick to the 911 scenario (he hasn't changed his mind a bit). But because Misty said this was a video, shown to her by Jason Jolicoeur, FDLE Agent, I'm inclined to think it was an interrogation video of Ron.

It could be that Ron, in a round about way, started throwing Misty under the bus (but not totally). Misty sees it as pre-arranged things discussed that Ron said he would tell LE if they were ever caught.

I agree, Sosueme! I was thinking about the same thing. Maybe it is Ron saying a lot of bad things about Misty, and LE is showing her the video, b/c they feel she is still under Ron's spell. I think LE wants Misty to realize that Ron can't hurt her where she is, IF she is made aware, that there is no more threat from Ronald Cummings, then i think LE might think she may open up and give the info that she has. JMO

Good morning, all! More snow so Pittsburgh is half-shutdown again. Gracenote, you have an excellent point. I never considered the influence of 'jailhouse' lawyers. Your post got me thinking. Misty is a follower, no doubt, and easily influenced. She is probably blabbing her case AND asking advice from other inmates. Two very bad policies, at least IMHO. Thanks for sharing that, it sure fits some of her statements.

Even in the court room, witnesses are not allowed to listen to other witness testamony's from what I have been told so I can't see why they would show Misty an interview with Ron, and Misty seemed to know that Ron was "telling" her something that she didn't want to say over a recorded phone call. I hope we get a doc dump soon and we can see these tapes.

Boy, Misty sure wants LE to leave her alone. Keep visiting LE, she doesn't like it much. Make her jail time as miserable as it can be.

Even in the court room, witnesses are not allowed to listen to other witness testamony's from what I have been told so I can't see why they would show Misty an interview with Ron, and Misty seemed to know that Ron was "telling" her something that she didn't want to say over a recorded phone call. I hope we get a doc dump soon and we can see these tapes.

But it hasn't gone to court yet. That makes a big difference in what LE can do at this point. I doubt that they will let her see any of the tapes, they'll just tell her Ron said this or that, to gauge her reaction. They do use people against each other all the time.

But it hasn't gone to court yet. That makes a big difference in what LE can do at this point. I doubt that they will let her see any of the tapes, they'll just tell her Ron said this or that, to gauge her reaction. They do use people against each other all the time.
Right, but Misty states that he brought her the video and and Ron was saying, telling her this stuff.
My point is that we dont know what Ron was "telling" Misty it could be some kind of threat that only she knows, so I personally do not think its a good idea to be allowing them to see and hear messages from each other, they do not even allow it in court, I know that they can use one against the other as a strategy as in so and so said this or that, but to actually show each other a video or hear a statement from another doesn't sound real smart to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back