Still Missing MN - April Lee Pease, 30, Bloomington, Hennepin County, 17 Mar 2009 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am going to go ahead & post this.... that way I can shorten it up a bit.

Sometime in July:
*Status Hearing (re Competency for Sorensen) – (@ am CT) - MN – April Lee Pease (30) (Mar. 17, 2009, Bloomington, not found) – *Kellee Kristine Sorensen (34/now 38) – charged (3/16/20) with 2nd degree murder. $3K conditional bond. In custody in Washington State. Washington: Whatcom County #20-1-00334-37
*Cedric Joseph Marks (45/now 49) charged (3/16/20) with 2nd degree murder. Hennepin County
Pease transferred to the Bloomington shelter after being located by Marks at another shelter in Washington. Sometime after the transfer, police investigators say Marks & Sorenson traveled from Washington to Minnesota to find Pease in March 2009. Pease was allegedly taken against her will and driven southbound on I-35, before being killed at an unknown location by Marks as Sorenson sat in the vehicle, according to statements obtained by detectives. Pease's body has never been found.
3/16/20 Update: The Hennepin County Attorney’s Office has charged two people with second-degree murder in connection to the 2009 abduction of April Pease. Cedric Joseph Marks, 45 of Texas & Kellee Kristine Sorensen of Washington are currently in police custody in their home states. As of 3/16/20 Marks is on trial in Texas for murder of Michael Swearingin & Jenna Scott.
3/17/20 Update: Sorensen: Fugitive hearing; notice statement of rights. 3/18/20 Update: Fugitive & Motion hearing. Order & Warrant of arrest; detention of fugitive complaint & waiver of extradition on 3/20/20.
5/10/20 Update: Sorensen charged with second-degree murder with intent but without premeditation in the 2009 death of April Pease, was released from Hennepin County Jail in Minnesota on a $3,000 conditional bond on 5/10/20.
3/17/21 Update: Sorensen: Motion hearing held. Order & Warrant of arrest detention of fugitive complaint. 3/20/20: Waiver of extradition.
6/5/23 Update: Marks: In the sentencing phase of the trial of Michael & Jenna the prosecution got into details of Marks’ ex-girlfriend & mother to one of his children, April Pease, a Minnesota woman who was found dead in 2009. Marks has been charged with second degree murder in that case. The state showed videos where they said Marks confessed to killing Pease. Previously, Marks’ ex-wife, Ginell McDonough, verified the videos that were made out to her & Marks’ children. The court learned the Marks & Pease had a nasty custody battle over their son, he said Pease was unfit to raise the child. In the video to his children, he said he’s about to do something that will either put him in prison for the rest of his life or get him killed. But he doesn’t mind if it means protecting his son from Pease. He said in the video to his children, “Even if I was to get away with this, I’ll show you this (video.) I’m a bad person, but I’m not a bad person to let a child to get hurt. I hope to be reunited with you, but if I fail at this, I succeeded anyway because I freed you.” 6/9/23 Update: Marks was found guilty of all charges & sentenced to death for the murders of Michael & Jenna.
6/4/24 Update: Bloomington Police Dept. on Thursday announced a $2,000 reward for any information that leads to the recovery of April Pease’s remains. Pease went missing in March of 2009. Sorensen has been found incompetent for the murder of Pease. Charged in connection with Pease's death is Kellee Kristine Sorensen of Lynden, Wash. who has a hearing scheduled in July to determine her mental capacity to participate in her defense.
6/28/24 Update: The Bloomington Police Dept. is offering a $2,000 reward for information that leads to the recovery of April Pease's remains. She went missing in March 2009. Cedric Marks & Kellee Sorensen have been charged with her murder in Minnesota.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back