MN MN - Brandon Swanson, 19, Marshall, 14 May 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm with you fran. This just doesn't make sense. It's almost like aliens got him. Peterson was involved with the search for Nicholas Garza also. They had good dogs on that search. I wonder if they do on the search for Bandon? This is very puzzling.

Salem

911*SAR TEAM will be searching this weekend with there dogs ( the 19th & 20th) and another team is coming to lend ther effort to the search... Maybe the 3rd trip is the charm.. The Swanson are a real nice family that need closer on this.. And all the searchers i have meet there have put forth a tremendous effort:woohoo:So everyone out there put forth those GOOD VIBES and Prayers that we can get it done

RQ --Shania the SAR dogs handler

911*SAR TEAM will be searching this weekend with there dogs ( the 19th & 20th) and another team is coming to lend ther effort to the search... Maybe the 3rd trip is the charm.. The Swanson are a real nice family that need closer on this.. And all the searchers i have meet there have put forth a tremendous effort:woohoo:So everyone out there put forth those GOOD VIBES and Prayers that we can get it done

RQ --Shania the SAR dogs handler

All of my thoughts and prayers are with you'se finding Brandon, and so his family can have the closure they deserve.

I feel for all the searchers the weather has been so hot. Best of luck!!!!!

RQ - thank you so much for posting. I appreciate the info you provided on having the dogs in the search and that you are a handler.

Along with Chek01 - I will be sending all of you and the Swanson family prayers and thoughts for finding Bandon and for strength for your search this weekend. I'm also going to throw in some positive thoughts for "creativity" in the search process, in case someone gets an idea from "outside the box."

This is a very strange case. I just can't figure out how Brandon could have disappeared like that......

Salem

http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/25673044.html

Search For Brandon Grows

By Drew Sandholm

Story Created: Jul 20, 2008 at 11:13 PM CDT

The family of missing Marshall, MN teen Brandon Swanson is turning to new techniques to help find their son.

...................snip...................

When Bob Berg of western Minnesota learned of Brandon's disappearance this Friday, he immediately called the family to offer his services. He's helping the Swanson family search for their son by using what he calls bio-magnetic attraction or divining rods. He claims the two steel rods give direction to magnetic fields, which Brandon might be transmitting.

It's great to see support out there for the family. I'm one of the ground searches in the search for Brandon and every time I'm out there, I hope that "this is the day we find Brandon". I know we'll find him and bring him home and I hope that's soon. It's tough. We all want resolution- we all want Brandon home.

Marshall- thank you to you and all the other volunteers, and prayers to his family. What a scary and sad sitation.

I just went back and read some of the posts I missed.

Peace261- You are dead wrong about the terraine. I should know- I walk in it every weekend. Last weekend I walked in the river for 6 hours. He was walking along the road for awhile but then decided to take a short cut which means cutting across fields and in that area, you cannot cut through fields without encountering areas of groves/trees, water, swamps, man made lakes, etc. If it was a news cast you saw where they show nice flowing grass and clear spaces, that's not reality. We're not out looking in corn fields and bean fields- we're covering the entire area which includes water (river, swamps, lakes, etc), wooded areas (he may have slipped off a drop off and landed in the river ..the river is surrounded by wooded area), grasses that are about 6 feet tall, etc. So not sure what you saw but what we're searching through is not by any means easy.

I can't remember the other questions you asked so I'll leave it at that for now.

Sorry if I sound grumpy- it just gets frustrating.

Thanks!

Marshall is correct it is tough going .. but i was there this weekend again and everyone of the searchers are doing everything they possibly can come up with
Jim and Sar Dog Shania

Jim- It was nice seeing you and Shania out there last weekend. I'm so glad you're out there helping- brings a lot of hope!! Thanks also for giving me a dog-tracking 101 crash course during lunch on Sunday, it was very interesting. Shania is a sweetheart!

Here it is almost August, and still no Brandon. :(

I checked for current news accounts,........nadda.

It seems the media is loosing interest. I so hope and pray that you all are still able to continue searching for Brandon. I just know he's there, somewhere. He has to be there because nothing points anywhere else.

I'm so frustrated and just imagine how his family, friends, and searcers feel. You just want to stand there and holler his name and have him answer and walk across a field toward you. IF it was only that easy.

Thank you to all who are actually physically aiding in the search for Brandon. I'm not anywhere near there, other side of the country actually, but I do care. I check every couple of day to see if there has been a resolution, if Brandon has been found.

IF you're still looking, good luck and I send my prayers. Prayers for you and that you're successful, prayers for Brandon and his family and friends.

Thank you for caring,
fran

I feel the same way fran. :( It's just so frustrating and like you said, if it's frustrating for us just imagine how his family and friends feel. I agree with your above post, he must have fell into something, I just pray they find him so the family can have some answers. Prayers for all involved.

Just checking in to see if there has been any change at all in the status.
My heart just breaks for this family & all the friends & people out searching.

I've been to Marchall before & have seen the terrain it has to be very difficult for searchers!

No changes- we're still searching. We're searching the Taunton area as we have been since he went missing. I wasn't able to search this past weekend- it was hard not being there...all I did was think about the search, Brandon and his family. But yes, we are still actively searching for Brandon.

did you fine out that info for me ......also what area you searching now ????

Just thinking about this case...and I think about it often. My good thoughts are with the family/friends/and searchers.

I wasn't able to search last weekend or this past weekend as I was on vacation so I'm not sure what specific area is being searched. Due to the fact that I've been on vacation and not out on the search, I haven't talked to Terri yet. I'll check with my sister to see if she has Terri's number and I'll also ask her what area they searched in today (Sunday) as she was out searching today. I'll be out next weekend for sure.

bumping for Brandon. According to his website:

NEXT SCHEDULED ORGANIZED SEARCH DATE IS SEPT. 6th & 7th, 2008

Now that the river has gone down considerably as mention earlier we are eager to access some of the areas of the river that we could not reach before!

WE NEED SEARCH VOLUNTEERS! If you can search for even part of the day please join us.

We plan to work the dry river beds with search dogs. Now that the river bed is dry there is a better chance for them to pick up scent. We are also hoping to get an aqua view which would enable us to take a look into areas that we still can't get to.

If you are able to search, have access to equipment that could help or have questions. Please email search coordinator Gary Peterson at gary657@centurytel.net

This is the first I've heard of this case. So puzzling. I hope that some type of closure can be found. It does not sound like the local law enforcement has been as helpful as they could be, but it could also be because you can only portray snippets of time in the media and sometimes it is unfortunately not the best side of a person shining through.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.
Lisha

PIEHL: 'Smiley Face Killers' - Your Questions

Almost everyday, someone emails me a question about the Smiley Face Killer story or a missing persons case. If one person has a question and sends it to me, then there must be more people thinking the same thing.

Here are the answers to a few questions that I've recently received.

....................snip..................

2. "What about Brandon Swanson?"

Brandon Swanson disappeared near Marshall in May. Dedicated search crews are spending some weekends looking for him. Swanson's car was recovered, but there hasn't been any sign of him.

There is no reason to believe that Swanson's case is related to any others. However, many people have asked me about it because Swanson fits the general description of other men who have disappeared or been found drowned.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S551638.shtml?cat=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back