MN MN - Brandon Swanson, 19, Marshall, 14 May 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
May 12-15, 2011 Searches:
The plan for the May 12-14 searches was to detail - search by HRD canine as many fields as possible in the area surrounding Mud Creek. This involves walking furrows in 15-20 foot increments which is quite energy intensive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, the rain in the area received the week prior to the search made the creek's water level high and the fields very muddy. Some progress was made, but not as much as hoped for.

http://thesearchforbrandon.blogspot.com/index.html#5971958586879515892

Anymore up-dates on how this search went overall?

How do so many people just vanish like this? So sad.

Also wanted to say this fb group for him is about to be archived.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21980126717

This story has had me curious for so many years now. I came across it on here and have followed it. It's sad to see little updates on it. I can't believe there are still no clues as to where he ended up.

This story has had me curious for so many years now. I came across it on here and have followed it. It's sad to see little updates on it. I can't believe there are still no clues as to where he ended up.

It is such a bizarre story. I come here often looking for any kind of update. Where did he go?? He really did simply disappear.

It is such a bizarre story. I come here often looking for any kind of update. Where did he go?? He really did simply disappear.
My own guess based on everything that's been discovered is that he slipped in the dark when he unexpectedly encountered the creek bank where he wasn't expecting any, maybe hit his head and got knocked out, then drowned in the creek. That his remains haven't turned up isn't surprising - running water can carry even heavy items a long way - and as the search manager has mentioned, the creek banks are difficult to search.

Falling into a river or creek and being carried away is probably the most likely possibility considering what we know.

But would Brandon really have enough time to even think and say "Oh sh--!" ?

Imagine if you're on the phone, walking, and you suddenly lose balance. Besides the fact that you're not likely to still have the phone in your hand, against your ear, are you really going to recognize what's happened fast enough to say something? An unexpected fall happens quickly, and the mind is slow to catch up with the unexpected. A cry of "oh sh--!" seems to me more consistent with Brandon seeing someone with bad intentions or realizing he was about to meet foul play.

And wouldn't Brandon's father have heard the loud whooshing of the water if he indeed was at the edge of a river or creek before the call ended?

Just a thought. This is a very puzzling case. Anything could have happened.

I am always checking here to see if there is an update. I think his battery died... That's why it got cut off so quickly.
If he couldn't see, wouldn't he be able to hear the creek?

In many shots he's seen with glasses on. Is it known whether he was near sighted or far sighted? Was he wearing contacts that night?

The hypothesis of him having his phone jarred out of his hands due to a fall or running into something could also have dislodged his glasses. I would surmise w/o his glasses on he would have been moving at a much slower pace and unable to see faint lights off in the distance.

Also, with a gravel road, especially in May there would be ample footprints from him walking. Has there been any documented proof of exactly which direction Brandon was traveling once afoot?

I also wonder if he was taking back roads because he felt he may have had a couple too many if he were to be pulled over?

Now that spring is finally here I think this would be the best time to begin searching. Once the ground thaws scents become more prevalent, yet the grasses haven't begun to grow.

I hope this is the year they find him.

I have been reading many missing college student cases. This may be the most baffling one. That "oh sh--" and then nothing . . . How incredibly heart-wrenching for the father. :(

In two weeks it will be five years. Something could still be found.

I have been reading many missing college student cases. This may be the most baffling one. That "oh sh--" and then nothing . . . How incredibly heart-wrenching for the father. :(

In two weeks it will be five years. Something could still be found.

I know. this one really freaks me out. I cant believe its going to be 5 yrs already. wow, so sad.

I can't believe its 5 years... I think I say this every year that passes. :(

Bumping for Brandon. The snow should be melting in Minnesota now. Perhaps another search will be organized or someone will spot something new.

With the upcoming warmer temps now would be a good time to resume the search.

Thinking of you, Brandon. You are not forgotten.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

The crazy thing is he most likely succumbed to the elements from that night. A more thorough search with lots of people would likely find him. He just can't be that far away from where his car became stuck.

The crazy thing is he most likely succumbed to the elements from that night. A more thorough search with lots of people would likely find him. He just can't be that far away from where his car became stuck.

There have been professional search teams looking. I too think he must be within miles of his car. Brandon was lost before he ever got out of his car. He thought he was someplace else so that might have been a factor in how far he walked. I'm unsure how much private property was well searched.

We have to keep in mind that there is a remote chance that he was picked up. His location and time of night make that doubtful but it is still a possibility. If that happened, he could be anywhere.

Personally, I think he fell into a well. Or he fell in the river and got wet, injured and tired. He probably looked for a place to crawl into and rest. There are so many unanswered questions in this case.

A cry of "oh sh--!" seems to me more consistent with Brandon seeing someone with bad intentions or realizing he was about to meet foul play.

I would say it is the exact opposite for me. I often talk to my parents when I am walking my dogs at night (work schedule have to walk them at night) and they have gotten a plenty of "oh *advertiser censored*" when I have stumbled over something or walked into something. VERY different reaction to when I somehow stumble across an unexpected person. I can't say for sure how Brandon would have reacted, but Oh **** seems very, very consistent with a fall, stumble, or him walking into something and for a lot of us is pretty ingrained to come out naturally and immediately when falling, stumbling or walking into something. I do think he did one of the three and perhaps just dropped the phone rather than died right then and there.
It is unfortunate because I do think his remains are somewhere close to where his vehicle went off-road. I would say within a few miles, but in isolated, rural areas like that finding a body in a few mile area can be like a needle in a haystack. I am praying someone comes across him soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back