GUILTY MN - Cristina Prodan, 27, Edina, 5 January 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm surprised this case wasn't more publicised. I feel bad for her family.

15 Jan 2019

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9)
- A Delano, Minnesota man will be spending more than 20 years behind bars after pleading guilty to strangling his girlfriend in Edina and later burning her body in a junkyard in New Orleans last year.

On Tuesday, 26-year-old Joseph Porter pleaded guilty to second-degree unintentional murder for killing 27-year-old Cristina Prodan at her apartment. A judge then sentenced him to 20 years and 10 months in prison. Porter received a higher sentence than typical guidelines because he admitted to "particular cruelty" in hiding Prodan's body, not alerting police and causing stress to Prodan's mother, who filed a missing person report in the months that followed.

According to the criminal complaint, on Jan. 4, 2018, a fight between the couple turned violent, ending with Porter choking Prodan to death. Instead of calling for help, Porter stuffed Prodan's body into a large suitcase and drove to New Orleans, where he burned her body in a shipping container at a junkyard. While making the fire, Porter also burned himself.

Man sentenced to 20 years after murdering girlfriend, burning her body

15 Jan 2019

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9)
- A Delano, Minnesota man will be spending more than 20 years behind bars after pleading guilty to strangling his girlfriend in Edina and later burning her body in a junkyard in New Orleans last year.

On Tuesday, 26-year-old Joseph Porter pleaded guilty to second-degree unintentional murder for killing 27-year-old Cristina Prodan at her apartment. A judge then sentenced him to 20 years and 10 months in prison. Porter received a higher sentence than typical guidelines because he admitted to "particular cruelty" in hiding Prodan's body, not alerting police and causing stress to Prodan's mother, who filed a missing person report in the months that followed.

According to the criminal complaint, on Jan. 4, 2018, a fight between the couple turned violent, ending with Porter choking Prodan to death. Instead of calling for help, Porter stuffed Prodan's body into a large suitcase and drove to New Orleans, where he burned her body in a shipping container at a junkyard. While making the fire, Porter also burned himself.

Man sentenced to 20 years after murdering girlfriend, burning her body
Only 20 years! That disgusts me!!

Isn’t Delano super expensive?

Isn’t Delano super expensive?
No. It can be, but just like any town/city it has its areas of lower income type. Actually, the last time I was in Delano it was still a farm town. Silo's and everything. But, the homes have built up around there I am sure can cost big $. But, you also, get the larger lots and not the hustle and bustle of the city. Long commutes though. The people I knew from that area were not wealthy. I believe they still live there.
727 3rd St SW, Delano, MN 55328 | MLS #5198573 | Zillow

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphmaic
Back