MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #13 - Chauvin Trial Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just asking my DH the other day, if DC was so bad, why was he still on the force? Just wonderin'. View attachment 292019
He was probably protected by the Union. It was the union president who argued that he would keep offering training for the knee neck restraints, even after the mayor banned it. Imo

After testimony from one of the training officers (Blackwell?), I questioned if he was THAT bad, why did she make him a FTO (training officer) in 2018 for new recruits.

JMO

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
9m
BREAKING: #DerekChauvinTrial - The judge is interviewing a juror and has ordered audio/video shut off. The pool reporters allowed to remain so we should get a report later.

Judge.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9
·
14m
WITNESS TESTIMONY DAY #10: #DerekChauvinTrial about to get underway. More health & medical expertise on the stand including Henn Co Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker. Both sides expected to grill Dr Baker about his autopsy findings. Link attached

Judge Cahill has just said from the bench, there is an "issue" that needs to be dealt with, with the jury present. He is going to turn off audio in courtroom, but it will be part of the public record. We are standing by for what needs to be addressed.

No further comment from Judge Cahill on this "issue." State now calling its next witness, Dr. Lindsey Thomas, a forensic pathologist -- "where medicine & law overlap," she explains. She has done 1,000s of autopsies. Believe she trained Henn Co Medical Examiner, Dr. Andrew Baker.

link: https://twitter.com/PaulBlume_FOX9

Goodness. Been a forensic pathologist for 37 years and performed over 5000 autopsies!

I think she is just as likable as Dr. Tobin yesterday. And the fact that neither of them asked to be paid says a lot to me.

I'm not sure how I feel about experts not being paid. She said that she didn't ask to be paid because she thought this case was important. So her past cases weren't important? or any she is an expert for after this? I bet victims families would feel differently JMO

Not too many tweets - here's what Dr. Thomas looks like.

Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9
·
2m
Dr. Lindsey Thomas testifies the state reached out to her for her opinions on #GeorgeFloyd cause of death. Tells jury, she is not being paid for her work. She says she has "never" had a case where the death is so thoroughly documented including all the video.

Thomas.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/PaulBlume_FOX9

@ChanleyCourtTV
DAY 10 RSBM....for the first time there is a supporter of Chauvin in the courtroom –as per judge’s order we cannot show any members in the gallery.

First time a Chauvin seat is filled that the court reserved for them..IIRC?

IIRC, they gave the seat to Floyd family one day (or more?)

I'm not sure how I feel about experts not being paid. She said that she didn't ask to be paid because she thought this case was important. So her past cases weren't important? or any she is an expert for after this? I bet victims families would feel differently JMO

That is such an interesting opinion that you have that the victim's families would feel differently. Your post leads me to believe that the family would not want someone to support their case free? Am I understanding this post @missy1974?

And yes, many people all over the world think this case is a huge one to comment on as experts MOO.

Would you consider that many folks want to do altruistic ... but some perhaps don't agree?

Ill probably get slammed for this, but the Union? Union making it hard to terminate bad employees?
Yes, in the beginning there was a lot of discussion about how the Union may be partially to blame, and how the general "culture" of the MPD allowed this to happen. But this was before the deadly force techniques were banned. There is an article about it upthread. Imo

I just have to say this: It is my understanding that the Medical Examiner stated the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest"--- Now, I am no doctor, but in my work in medical malpractice reviewing hundreds of death certificates and autopsies, I have always had a problem with cardiac arrest as being the cause of death. I think it is actually absurd and here is why: what is CP arrest: It means the heart stopped. that is all it means. so, of course when people die, their heart stops: What I want to know is what caused the heart to stop? Additionally in this case the ME ruled this case a homicide. I have not read the autopsy report- so apparently the ME will not testify that Mr. Floyd died from asphyxia, so what is the cause or reason for the homicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes