MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #16 - Chauvin Trial Day 13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for pointing out! That this questioning should be on POST MORTEM As discussed and asked by defense which even amplifies... Just now rewind listening to...The person would have signs of

confused - witness said NO confusion
disoriented (Wasn't addressed by the witness, we know there were none)
visual changes *spots* they see : witness said NONE
often incoherent (Wasn't addressed by the witness, we know there were none)
difficulty speaking

He had none . (Only difficulty speaking)

Excellent observation.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd again, defense talks again and again about open airway. Nelson, that horse left the barn Loooooooooooooong ago. MOO

You are speaking as if this witness said it was the ONLY cause of death, which would a mischaracterization of his testimony, he said he thinks it could have potentially been a contributing factor, that's it. I don't know if I agree or not, but that's what he said.

JMO

Oh I can't wait for the cross of this witness! and I hope it's S that does it!!!!!!

The objections continue to be from Jerry Blackwell each time I hear one. MOO

As a previous trial follower noted and is true, the person that is doing the objections will be the one to do the rebuttal MOO. So, it will not be S.

MOO It will be Jerry Blackwell. We shall see soon!

Last edited:
You are speaking as if this witness said it was the ONLY cause of death, which would a mischaracterization of his testimony, he said he thinks it could have potentially been a contributing factor, that's it. I don't know if I agree or not, but that's what he said.

JMO
Contributing factors. Perhaps reasonable doubt?

I’m sure most won’t agree but I think this witness did good for the defense. I think he may have reached at least one juror and created a bit of reasonable doubt.
I’m betting the nurse gets it.

For me there’s to many unanswered questions....
What happen in the ambulance, when was oxygen administered, when did CPR start, vitials in ambulance. How long were they pulled over, why?
Vitials, test, labs and treatment at ER.
I’m reserving judgement until I see the big picture and all evidence is in.

Last edited:

JMO

I was just transcribing... MOO for all to deduce an opinion. Sorry if it was misunderstood. Hopefully the jury understands in context!

Another SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly, carbon monoxide poisoning is very visible. They always look sunburned (cherry red). His gums and tongue color would have been an obvious sign. Moreover, if they had detected CO asphyxia, the police put him there.
hmmm, so does carbon monoxide cause pain, and struggling to breathe (Hint: NO)....

Autopsy will SHOW carbon monoxide poisoning. It is as striking on autopsy as much as a heart attack. MOO

The defense with all this spaghetti will start to not only discount one defense witness, but ALL OF THEM!

Over 30 minutes behind all you guys doing live... catching up with 1.5 times on YouTube.

Carbon monoxide poisoning - Symptoms and causes
Another SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm, so does carbon monoxide cause pain, and struggling to breathe (Hint: NO)....

Autopsy will SHOW carbon monoxide poisoning. It is as striking on autopsy as much as a heart attack. MOO

The defense with all this spaghetti will start to not only discount one defense witness, but ALL OF THEM!

Over 30 minutes behind all you guys doing live... catching up with 1.5 times on YouTube.

Carbon monoxide poisoning - Symptoms and causes

The objections continue to be from Jerry Blackwell each time I hear one. MOO

As a previous trial follower noted and is true, the person that is doing the objections will be the one to do the rebuttal MOO. So, it will not be S. MOO
Yes, I think it's going to be Blackwell and I'm looking forward to the cross. I missed some parts of his testimony. Did he say how much time he spent considering the neck and back restraints and how he went about ruling out asphyxia?

I’m betting the nurse gets it.

For me there’s to many unanswered questions....
What happen in the ambulance, when was oxygen administered, when did CPR start, vitials in ambulance. How long weee they pulled over, why?
Vitials, test, labs and treatment at ER.

I’m reserving judgement until the I see th big picture and all evidence is in.

Per law, and per all jury instructions proposed and used before, they note superseding, what happens after the fact. Have you reviewed such (at least for the middle charge I'm referring to... sorry.. may not affect the other two). So, blame it on the ER and ambo guys?

BRB with language... and do an ETA

"Second, the defendant, acting alone or aided by others, caused the death of George Floyd. “To cause” means to be a substantial causal factor in causing the death. The defendant is criminally liable for all the consequences of his actions that occur in the ordinary and natural course of events, including those consequences brought about by one or more intervening causes that were the natural result of the defendant's acts. The fact that other causes contribute to the death does not relieve the defendant of criminal liability. However, the defendant is not criminally liable if a “superseding cause” caused the death. A “superseding cause” is a cause that comes after the defendant’s acts, alters the natural sequence of events, and produces a result that would not otherwise have occurred. An action that occurs before the defendant’s conduct and is not the sole cause of the death does not constitute a superseding cause.

George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar week 3

Last edited:
I’m not sure how people are interpreting some testimony as saying multiple things CAUSED his death. I don’t think anyone has said that. Multiple things did CONTRIBUTE to his death. Even if unintentionally I think several witnesses, both for the prosecution and defense, have established that. I even understand the “undetermined COD” opinion now.

Nothing has made me question the ultimate cause until this witness. He made me question the positional asphyxiation and the effects the drugs had on him. Along with several other things. That’s huge if any of the jurors had the same reaction.

I can see what the defense is trying to do, but he’s having a hard time getting the point across. I can think of one example. I’ll try my best to explain. I have thoracic outlet syndrome. It affects the nerves and blood flow to my arms/hands/fingers basically. (ETA: it has other more serious symptoms) It feels like a pinched nerve in the shoulder, to put it into perspective. If I were to be put into a similar position as Mr. Floyd, it could have a significantly greater effect on me than an average person. Potentially fatal. Depending on certain variables. No significant amount of pressure or force needed.

I think the defense is trying to prove that DC did not intentionally or maliciously use an excessive or unnecessary amount of force on him. He had done something similar in the past which lasted 17 minutes IIRC and it had a totally different outcome. Was it excessive or unnecessary in that case? It proved not to be. So how would he have reasonably known it would be this time?

There were contributing factors.

I am mainly speaking to what I think the defense is trying to get across here. Not that I necessarily agree with it or appreciate it.

Per law, and per all jury instructions proposed and used before, they SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDE what happens after the fact. Have you reviewed such as the jurors will not be able to consider.
Although the ER Dr. testified that he did not see any signs of a drug overdose. They can at least consider what he testified to, right? And also what the paramedic observed about Floyd's condition?

Per law, and per all jury instructions proposed and used before, they SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDE what happens after the fact. Have you reviewed such as the jurors will not be able to consider. (at least for the middle charge I'm referring to... sorry.. may not affect the other two)

BRB with language... and do an ETA
I thought it was after he was pronounced deceased.
Thanks for letting me everything after GF was loaded into ambulance was forbidden.

I’ve not followed, as closely, as some. We have great experts, that have studied more detail than myself. I’m grateful to each. I appreciate you clarifying for me.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member