GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
George Floyd's family members to speak at Chauvin sentencing

Family members were feeling “anxious and tense.” Floyd’s brother Philonise, his brother Terrence and his nephew Brandon Williams plan to make victim impact statements at Chauvin's sentencing.

Crump also said he wanted to see a sentence above what is typically given for a second-degree murder conviction.

In Minnesota, the presumptive sentence for second-degree unintentional murder for someone with no criminal record like Chauvin is 12 1/2 years, and the judge could sentence Chauvin to up to 15 years while staying within the guidelines. But Judge Peter Cahill has already found that there are aggravating factors that would allow him to go above the state's sentencing guidelines. Prosecutors are seeking a 30-year sentence, while Chauvin's defense has asked for probation.

Hey Bravo! Hope you can be here. DC's sentencing won't attract the degree of public attention the trial did. But it is still an important, historic event and deserves being witnessed by those of us who care.
Yes I will watch for sure. I am following the Redwine Trial but will jump over here. Good to see you as always
ETA- 2:30 for me

Most local speculators (that is all it is) are going with about 25-30 and with no prior criminal convictions he will be out much sooner. They expect Floyd family to speak today...no one knows about anyone for DC. The attorney general asked for public to write victim impact statements and email them and I suspect a few of those will be read to show community not just family impact. Judge Cahill must have some serious time limits in mind to get this done on a Friday afternoon prior to rush hour. Also I imagine no one expected for DC. He has a father right here in St. Paul...wonder if he will at least show up? Probably not...he has a business and does not want the media attention. Sad life Mr. Chauvin has had and sad conclusion. His entire remaining life whether in or out of prison will be taken up with legal matters, courtrooms etc. Eric Nelson really got the wrong client.
Yes, no matter anyone's opinion about DC and his actions, this is sorrowful beyond words.

I am waiting for 1:30 CT with an anxious and hopeful heart. In my mind, justice for Mr. Floyd will mean some significant time for his killer. I will be glad when this is done. Justice for Mr. Floyd. Thoughts are with his family today. I won't give his murderer any consideration as he gave none to Mr. Floyd.

Of course, JMHO.

May his family be comforted (that sound AWFUL to say, but y'all know what I mean) that this murder has affected changes to laws, changes to opinions, changes galore.... and recognition worldwide.

I do hope that their wants are met as to the charges and sentencing, and will be here to listen to testimony.... but what greater testimony than that of those all over the world who have perhaps now changed their beliefs, and the changes that have already happened and/or will in his name.

May George Floyd live on, and may Chaffin be a footnote for history on why those types as he were allowed to flourish without regard.

No longer.................

I am waiting for 1:30 CT with an anxious and hopeful heart. In my mind, justice for Mr. Floyd will mean some significant time for his killer. I will be glad when this is done. Justice for Mr. Floyd. Thoughts are with his family today. I won't give his murderer any consideration as he gave none to Mr. Floyd.

Of course, JMHO.
Amen to that.

They were saying on HLN that Defense is going to ask for probation-
WHAT? If that is the case, what an insult to the court, to the memory of Mr. Floyd and to Mr. Floyd's family-- I truly hope that is not the case!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member