MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
that must be bizarre and terrifying for you
check in with us when you're able

I suppose so... I have children to protect... But we have somewhere to go if we have to. I do wish the destruction and looting and such weren't happening, but I have to say Mr. Floyd's last moments were truly terrifying. I'm not condoning the rioting, but I'm not *that* terrified. Not yet.

My neighbor is a sheriff and mounted officer. I am sitting in my backyard watching them get everything together to respond as mounted patrol in Houston. This isn’t a routine call out otherwise they would have the horses bathed and cleaned up. I’m praying for him, his sweet little mare, the peaceful protesters and the city of Houston tonight.
It's like that everywhere right now. LASD sent something out to all deputies to be prepared and have all their equipment with them

Same. I wish they'd leave the horses in their stables and patrol in cars. It seems to easy for protesters to get out of hand and climb the horses to get to the cops or harm the horses.
Ah, I remember watching a documentary about this. Horses and also dogs are brought into riot situations because their presence has a proven track record of calming things down. It's psychological, mobs all fired up react in a very different way when animals are put in among them than they do when they're facing a line of human police officers in riot gear.

Curfew has started and there’s still a large crowd marching. They are saying police don’t have plans to enforce curfew.

I’m watching a Facebook livestream from someone at the march. The videographer said he spoke to the police about their plans.

That's Minneapolis? Why have a curfew if it's not going to be enforced?!

White House briefly locked down as unrest spreads to Atlanta, DC, NYC after George Floyd death

The White House is under lock down Friday night, as protests over George Floyd’s death are spreading nationwide and have reached the U.S. capital.

Fox News and other members of the press were immediately moved inside as the White House went into lockdown. A dozen reporters are still inside the West Wing.

Floyd, a black man from Minneapolis died in police custody this week after a white officer pinned him down by pressing his knee into the back of Floyd’s neck.

White House Lockdown Lifted; Protesters Express Outrage Over George Floyd’s Death

The U.S. Secret Service ordered the White House locked down for about an hour Friday evening due to people outside the gates protesting the death of George Floyd, according to NBC News White House Correspondent Peter Alexander.

The protesters have moved along to the Trump International Hotel and are demonstrating there.

I don’t think that is really the entire story. There will be consequences. Part of the curfew is to dwindle the crowds. LE knows not everyone will adhere to the curfew. But many will. This is my home. I have LE friends and family involved.

Yes. They are are on south side in the March. Everyone is still marching. Trying to get the feed going down by the third precinct.

Having a hard time finding feeds because there are things happening all over the country.

Crowds gather again in Columbus to protest police brutality, emergency declared in downtown area
Peaceful protests in Columbus turned violent Thursday night when a few demonstrators threw objects at police, destroyed city property and broke into the Ohio Statehouse.

The Friday protest turned violent once again and police used pepper spray after protesters threw objects, including glass, at officers.

Not long after that, Columbus Police declared an emergency in the downtown area, meaning anyone who does not leave will be removed regardless of their reason for being there.

Columbus Police declared the emergency as laid out by Columbus City Code and the Ohio Revised Code.

Ah, I remember watching a documentary about this. Horses and also dogs are brought into riot situations because their presence has a proven track record of calming things down. It's psychological, mobs all fired up react in a very different way when animals are put in among them than they do when they're facing a line of human police officers in riot gear.
Officers get a height advantage, making them visible to the crowd and the crowd visible to them. Intimidation factor is huge, as well as mobility. His horse is trained to push back. Most horses are trained to move away from pressure. I can poke mine with a finger and they will move out of my way. His is trained to push back, the harder you push her, the more she pushes you and you will lose that one especially if there is a hard object on the other side. They are amazingly tough creatures. If you think about a horse kicking another horse that’s a lot of force, no punch that a human can throw is even close and it’s assault if you do. Crowds tend to disperse around them, no one wants to get stepped on or trampled. Even in Houston TX the average person finds them intimidating, and while I’m not afraid of horses by any means I do respect their space especially if they aren’t mine.

Officers get a height advantage, making them visible to the crowd and the crowd visible to them. Intimidation factor is huge, as well as mobility. His horse is trained to push back. Most horses are trained to move away from pressure. I can poke mine with a finger and they will move out of my way. His is trained to push back, the harder you push her, the more she pushes you and you will lose that one especially if there is a hard object on the other side. They are amazingly tough creatures. If you think about a horse kicking another horse that’s a lot of force, no punch that a human can throw is even close and it’s assault if you do. Crowds tend to disperse around them, no one wants to get stepped on or trampled. Even in Houston TX the average person finds them intimidating, and while I’m not afraid of horses by any means I do respect their space especially if they aren’t mine.
Yes, plus the fact that animals are unpredictable. An angry mob mentality breaks down into a collection of individuals using their own intellect much more quickly when horses and dogs are present than it does when only humans are present.

George Floyd protests: Protesters overrun Brooklyn Police Precinct

Update 9:55 p.m. EDT May 29: Protesters have reportedly overrun the 88th Precinct in Brooklyn. Other precincts in Brooklyn are under siege according to reports.

Protesters try to breach CNN lobby
Update 9:35 p.m. EDT May 29: Protesters in Atlanta threw rocks and smoke grenades into the CNN lobby in what is believed to be an attempt to breach the lobby.

Derek Chauvin booking photo released
Update 9:05 p.m. EDT May 29: The booking photo of ex-police officer Derek Chauvin has been released by Ramsey County jail.
BREAKING: Derek Chauvin booking photo just released by Ramsey County jail @KSTP

Mayor of Atlanta, Keisha Lance Bottoms, delivered a powerful speech tonight:

"Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms was visibly angry at a news conference during the Atlanta protests Friday, telling protesters to "go home" after they became violent and a police officer was hurt."

"What I see happening on the streets of Atlanta is not Atlanta. This is not a protest, This is not in the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr. This is chaos. A protest has purpose. When Dr. King was assassinated, we didn't do this to our city," she said.

"If you want change in America, go and register to vote ... that is the change we need in this country."

She added: "If you care about this city then go home."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads