MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
nancy grace last night, she had the mom of jacob wetterling on it? I have been thinking about him this morning, i cant believe they havent got a clue about him....i wish he could be found, safe and sound.....but that would be in a prefect world....which we dont live in..

I think about Jacob a lot. I lived about an hour away from where he was kidnapped at the time. I remember the panic, I remember his mom on the news, I remember it all. I am pretty close to his age. I really wish they would find him, alive or dead, so we can have some clue as to who did this. It breaks my heart.

I have to wonder about him though. I lived about an hour away from where he was kidnapped at the time. I remember it like it was yesterday. There was not a TRACE found, just minutes after the abduction. I'm not ruling out that he was kidnapped and brainwashed. I just hope someday he reappears.

How many years has it been? I knew an FBI agent and his wife involved in the investigation. His wife mentioned the "at that time" theory was that Jacob was long gone out of MN. There was a ray of hope last year (?). What happened to that investigation?

Is the "ray of hope" you are referring to about the man who resembled Jacob who was working at some sort of home improvement store? He had a sketchy past and looked like Jacob. I believe he was tested (if I recall he balked at DNA testing for some reason) and was found NOT to be a match. I wish I had a link for you. Maybe someone else knows where to look.

No. There was a story after that one that mentioned a man who did not allow his property to be searched nor did he even go to the scene, although it was close to his house.

I know, this case has really touched a lot of people. In the photos I have seen of him he looks a really happy, genuine boy and he was of course very nice looking which sadly may have contributed to him being 'chosen'. Can you imagine the terror this child must have felt when his friends were 'declined' and he was taken to wherever his future lay?

The incident with Jacobs father at the stadium where he had the awful feeling of Jacob being in danger, was that just a feeling? Or did it emerge that Jacob had been seen with an unknown person?

I feel that Jacob possibly was taken 'on order' if you like by someone, but for another person. He could have been told a rough age that was required and was making sure he was claiming the right age to get his reward of money etc. Thats where my theory ends as I cant believe that bearing in mind his age Jacob would or could have adjusted to a new life.

Sadly I feel this case may never be solved - I hope I am wromg!

mssheila said:
I think about Jacob a lot. I lived about an hour away from where he was kidnapped at the time. I remember the panic, I remember his mom on the news, I remember it all. I am pretty close to his age. I really wish they would find him, alive or dead, so we can have some clue as to who did this. It breaks my heart.
I think about him too, its so sad!

How many of you think there is a chance the truth about Jacobs disappearence will ever come out?

I don't think this was mentioned, but what if a stalker was waiting near Jacob's home? He follows them to the store, wanting to get them away from home. He decides to hide in the secluded driveway, waiting for them to come by. Could be that he was sent by someone else with instructions to get the "older" kid with blonde hair. This crime was planned. He was in and out pretty quick, and no one saw him.

gardenmom said:
I don't think this was mentioned, but what if a stalker was waiting near Jacob's home? He follows them to the store, wanting to get them away from home. He decides to hide in the secluded driveway, waiting for them to come by. Could be that he was sent by someone else with instructions to get the "older" kid with blonde hair. This crime was planned. He was in and out pretty quick, and no one saw him.
The abduction was certainly a planned crime, to an extent. That is, the abductor had probably targeted the boys at some point and lay in wait for them, along their intended path.

Jacob, his brother Treavor, and a friend - Aaron Larson - were together that day and enroute from a convenience store (where they had gotten a video) to the Wetterling home. They were stopped by the armed abductor, who ordered them to lie face down on the ground. He took his time studying the boys before making his clear choice. He grabbed Jacob by the back of his clothing and sent the other two boys running for home.

If he had been sent specifically for Jacob to begin with, he likely would have waited to get him alone, or would have taken him without a lot of delay and study of all three.

It would seem that he wanted to abduct one boy and that he wanted to have a choice from the three that he saw. This occurred on 22 October 1989. Police at the time thought that it might have been related to a previous sexual assult which occurred in Cold Spring, MN in January 1989.

I would still be interested in a DNA analysis of the boy they found with his extremeties removed. With a missing boy so close to the area, just because there is embalming fluid in the body doesn't rule out that it was not him.

missacorah said:
How many of you think there is a chance the truth about Jacobs disappearence will ever come out?

Unfortunately, I don't think there will ever be resolution in this case..

Websleuths once was a thread for Jacob, but it seems to have been deleted. He disappeared on October 22, 1989, and there has been almost no movement on his case. His mother, Patti Wetterling, has been active with missing children, yet neither she nor LE has found evidence to connect anything or anyone to Jacob's disappearance. I wish someone would revisit the investigation one more time.

Thanks for that link. I just drove through St Joseph MN last week. I think of him every time I go by there on my way to visit family. Such a sad, sad case.

Yes, very sad... I wish his poor family had some answers.

WOW!! That was such a great article on the True Crime Diary website!!! I think it is very possible all 3 cases are related and committed by the same male. I wonder if those companies would still have a list of employes or could apply a name to the sketch.

You would think some LE agency would have checked this out.

If I recall correctly, there was a local guy who did not leave his house when all the LE were present around this site should be a POI. I wonder if his property was ever searched.

St. Joe has such easy access to Interstate 94 that JW could have been out of the country within a few hours. One FBI agent on the case at the time lived relatively close to me. While I don't know if the FBI (or the agent) shared this theory, his wife had the theory of body parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb