MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense that they aren't on a registry if they are still locked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I contacted Moose Lake to see if there were any mugshots of patients there or if I could get any info about a patient there (hoping to see a current DAH pic). They emailed back and said it was confidential information. I told them that didn't make sense because they were arrested like everyone else. They should have a profile, mugshot, online record, etc. She said it was because they are patients and not prisoners. I was not happy.

JBrown, thanks so much for trying!

Wow how frustrating. Well, in person I'd imagine someone could pull the records for the 7 arrests of DAH in Kandiyhoi and 2 in Stearns - anybody able to do so?

My god- this Moose Lake place is irksome. On one hand, those "patients" thankfully don't have the opportunity to reoffend. On the other, they seem to enjoy protection from the laws they violated. Wow. It should be called the Abbey of Moose Lake

Also, I know this has been mentioned on here before, but Stearns county is just full of corruption. Change is long overdue

http://www.twincities.com/ci_22955789/former-stearns-county-deputy-sued-sex-case-involving

I sent a comparison pic of Meemken and the suspect sketch from Jared (the one with the hat) to Alison Feigh at the JW Foundation a couple years ago. The resemblance is uncanny. She thanked me and said she had forwarded it to the proper authorities. So at least it has been brought to their attention. (Not sure how that would have been received. LOL)

Was DAH arrested/jailed during 1988, like Joy was implicating in the CNN special? (no assaults took place in 1988)

Is anyone able to locate photos of his relatives (brother, dad)?

Sher has mentioned how he looks like a drawing.

So common. The plying of kids with alcohol. Same as DAH

This is the comparison pic I sent to JWF that was passed on to LE.
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/comparison.jpg

I'm sure they feel it wasn't the same type situation because he molested both boys and girls who were relatives. But I feel he should still have been looked at - maybe he was - who knows?

Well. If Joy is so adamant that DAH is the perp, then she should get in her car and head over to Moose Lake and pay him a visit, snap a photo, and give a description of his voice.
Even corrupt Sanner seemed to be pro vigilante justice "there are things a blogger can do"...

I totally agree with your sentiment. I do not agree that Sanner is "corrupt" at all. Just because there were some bad apples in his department, that does not make him corrupt. (JMO) And, no, I'm not related to him. I've never even met the guy.

Was DAH arrested/jailed during 1988, like Joy was implicating in the CNN special? (no assaults took place in 1988)

Is anyone able to locate photos of his relatives (brother, dad)?

No father listed in the mother's obit.

The news article listed by Sher says he started drinking at age 6 and went into care at age 9. Just wow.

No brother is listed in the obit.

One other thing I noticed that wasn't mentioned on the show was Jacob being at the ice rink for hockey try outs (when Jerry lost sight of Jacob for a moment). I had always been under the impression that he was at the ice rink that same day with Jerry and Trevor. So was this a different day? Maybe the day before?

if you look at the court site, DAH was arrested in April of 1988 for several offenses (2nd DWI, aggravated violations, refusal to comply, 5th degree assault, marijuana poss and driving after revocation). He was convicted of 2 violations, 4 were dismissed. Jury trial in May and if I am reading it right, convicted to 360 days in jail. At the time of his arrest in 1988, he was living in Hawick, MN (a township between New London and Paynesville).

if you look at the court site, DAH was arrested in April of 1988 for several offenses (2nd DWI, aggravated violations, refusal to comply, 5th degree assault, marijuana poss and driving after revocation). He was convicted of 2 violations, 4 were dismissed. Jury trial in May and if I am reading it right, convicted to 360 days in jail. At the time of his arrest in 1988, he was living in Hawick, MN (a township between New London and Paynesville).

A thought crossed my mind tonight, how likely or not likely is it that Jacobs perp is an alcoholic or drug addict? And i came up with not likely at all. People who are insane because of drugs are careless, reckless, and weak. They get themselves in trouble and land in treatment centers or jails where they all spill their beans at some point. 25 years and not a slip of tbe tongue, it is interesting.

One other thing I noticed that wasn't mentioned on the show was Jacob being at the ice rink for hockey try outs (when Jerry lost sight of Jacob for a moment). I had always been under the impression that he was at the ice rink that same day with Jerry and Trevor. So was this a different day? Maybe the day before?

I am thinking it was a different day based on the show and what I have read. JW and Jacob had gone fishing together in the morning and then they were home in time for the football game that began at noon. After the game JW and the boys went outside to toss the football around. Since this was all on Sunday, the day of the kidnapping, perhaps hockey try outs were the day before on Saturday.

Right. And according to the records, DAH got his driver's license reinstated in July 1989...3 months before Jacob's abduction

I am thinking it was a different day based on the show and what I have read. JW and Jacob had gone fishing together in the morning and then they were home in time for the football game that began at noon. After the game JW and the boys went outside to toss the football around. Since this was all on Sunday, the day of the kidnapping, perhaps hockey try outs were the day before on Saturday.

Hockey was indeed on October 22, but it was just open skating, not an organized practice or tryouts.

The order of events was fishing, Vikings game, skating, Offense · Defense football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe